DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

blackleaf

Country flag
Mostly for mortar , machine gun , sniper positions . range of 4km from a small drone , i think ll be very useful .

Here they used f16 and that expensive bomb

The Bayraktar TB2 seems to be relatively effective even with a payload of only 150 kg. Most modern cruise missiles are more than 1000kg and have warheads alone that are twice or more than the the total payload of the TB2. Anything launched from the Bayraktar must have a very small warhead.

Also if you can do so much with a 10kg warhead then why are warhead in most bombs and missiles more than 100kg. It seems like with modern guidance you can use lighter munition and get them cheaper or with longer range.

kharabela

The Bayraktar TB2 seems to be relatively effective even with a payload of only 150 kg. Most modern cruise missiles are more than 1000kg and have warheads alone that are twice or more than the the total payload of the TB2. Anything launched from the Bayraktar must have a very small warhead.

Also if you can do so much with a 10kg warhead then why are warhead in most bombs and missiles more than 100kg. It seems like with modern guidance you can use lighter munition and get them cheaper or with longer range.
What modern weapon TB2 carries.. Leaser guided bombs ? Are these new stuff ?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 187425View attachment 187432View attachment 187433View attachment 187426

“Indian Army successfully retrofitted a Turret of T-90 on the hull of T-72 giving missile firing capability to T-72 tank besides increasing accuracy and stability. Tremendous”
...so they basically put T-72BU (=fork of T-72B that later was relaunched as T-90 and downgraded export variant got designation T-90S) turret on current T-72M1V (=T-72 Ajeya with ERA without upgrades etc)... 🤷‍♂️ i wish to say "Tremendius" like tweet author but well it's very elementary thing (in reverse) that Soviets-Russians did back then during very development of this battletank; and knowing those pesky Russians well they will most definitely go another tantrum cycle over it like how they did with muh Karn MBT (unless they receive some *ahem* benefits) so overall i am kinda skeptical if this would move forward as upgrade (?) thing for existing T-72 Ajeyas here -or is it being done as to experiment thing for FMBT program ?!

also what about engine here, i mean still using same V-46 of 780 some horsepowers ? i wonder if it'd be enough for turret upgrades wepaonry upgrade etc changes

porky_kicker

Country flag
Post below is off topic but important, I hope the mods will let it stay

I know you guys and want you to realise this well

In life remember this and don't forget

Today read a muzzle stalked a random hindu woman and finding her alone r@ped her , then threatened her with videos of the act , what does the coward husband do he commits suicide rather than get revenge on the muzzle and his family

This is result of brainwashing into becoming neutered since 1947, mentally brainwashed into thinking someone else or that the law will help you

The law aka constitution aka ecosystem doesn't care if you or your near and dear ones suffer at the hands of predators , for them your pain is just another statistic

Never outsource your protection to law , protection starts and ends with you and so does justice

Choice is ultimately yours a cowards life or death
Or
Lived a worthy life with justice done at his own terms or a worthy death in the path to justice

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Post below is off topic but important, I hope the mods will let it stay

I know you guys and want you to realise this well

In life remember this and don't forget

Today read a muzzle stalked a random hindu woman and finding her alone r@ped her , then threatened her with videos of the act , what does the coward husband do he commits suicide rather than get revenge on the muzzle and his family

This is result of brainwashing into becoming neutered since 1947, mentally brainwashed into thinking someone else or that the law will help you

The law aka constitution aka ecosystem doesn't care if you or your near and dear ones suffer at the hands of predators , for them your pain is just another statistic

Never outsource your protection to law , protection starts and ends with you and so does justice

Choice is ultimately yours a cowards life or death
Or
Lived a worthy life with justice done at his own terms or a worthy death in the path to justice
we have had this conversation a few years back, this is still an offtopic post for this thread.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
A fully autonomous turret with self loading of both ammo and charge, this was in sense a much more advanced system for its time and even than the present K9. In simple terms this was an unmanned turret.
Such a shame that this didn't became a reality🥲
I think it was banned as denel was vanned due to corruption

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Bhim SPH was ^this near^ to completion then all sudden 'reports of Denel bribing officials emerged' and it got put under muh bleklist hurr durr - we ended up kopying NTW-20 fork as Vidhwanshak but failed to go that way with Bhim SPH and armed forces kept using Abbot 105mm and ;Chhapre waali; (literally 🤷‍♂️ ) M46 Catapults for another decade or so - finally getting SoKorean K-9 Thunder after evaluations in 2012-2014 phase and ordering it in mudi sirkar 1 era...
and now IIT Madras etc developing ramjet propulsion ammo for it etc...
and now there are talks for repeat order of more 100 K-9

Imagine such enthusiasm was shown for Bhim project, we could've trully become atmanirbhar with that but it suffered same fate as all other good stuff here 🤷‍♂️

still as i mentioned in past, i do wish to see revival of Bhim SPH under Kalyani, as in past we were importing main gun turret from Denel, now we have same GC-45 based gun in possession with Bharat-52
I wish Bharat Forge (Kalyani group) would take an initiative to make Bharat-52 based SPH and an M777 equivalent lightweight artillery etc and so, probably a truck-mounted version too,

i mean from getting GHN-45 Tech and Assembly line etc stuff he's effectively gotten one of the best howitzer design to home, GC-45,
This same GC-45 was base for south african Denel G-5 howitzer that we were trying out on Bhim SPH but due to certain political bakchodi etc stuff it never got actualised and we're stuck with importing-assembling K-2 etc from South Korea

also GHN-45 originally was way much better design than the FH-77 Bofors we got here in late 80s, and all these issues with FH-77 design seems to be further inherited by its derivatives here with Dhanush and ATAGS...giving to these reports coming out and so,

so since we have a better design in hand with Bharat-52 ( GC-45 at core ), i wish Baba Kalyani would take an initiative to make SPH, Truck-Mounted versions and Light Artillery etc sort of derivatives from that.
at least this is easy to reconstruct here bekoze,
cannon on Bhim SPH was Denel one based originally on GC-45
and we now have desi GC-45 here under Bharat-52 (Kalyani brought entire assembly line of austrian GHN-45 = self propelled version of GC-45),
all we need is...intention baki 'raw material' toh hain apne paas.

Articles