DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

johnj

MF-STAR radar can detect sea skimming missiles at a 30–35 km range, speed of missile is at 4321.8 kmph, it is moving at 1.2 km per second . So you get 28 seconds to respond to that . It also does sharp s manoeuvre at terminal stage, so please enlighten me how intercepting brahmos like missile are not a big thing ?
Yep, its very hard, & useless if fired 4 brahmos less than 120km. Also you need to consider that brahmos choose high altitude for major portion of flight.

omaebakabaka

SMs can intercept sea skimming cruise missile [non hypersonic], jets, drones, shipz, helios, ICBM to long range AShBM, & in near future HGV & hypersonic cruise missile .
Source? Aegis is more of BMD, perhaps you are talking about sea sparrow ESSM?

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
If brahmos can be tracked , well before the Sam response time , then 3-4 Sam s can neutralize

omaebakabaka

Ya
Though I had heard from someone that Brahms can be neutralized
And India and Russia both new it , so developing hypersonic cms
Practically all SAM's have higher speed as the attacking missile has a bigger range and need to follow a different profile to make up for the speed in terms of range and hence slower relative speed.....and yes anything can be intercepted but not a given as only one has to go through....a2/ad is a serious problem for ships and risk is more if ship is bigger as loss is demoralizing

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Whether Argentina lost or not is not the point here....if French did not block the exports then they would have caused more damage. UK pulled nuke threat after bunch of ships being lost and they have to go to their big daddy to send a carrier as a threat too......educate yourself and stick to the point. You are embarassing Indian navy, I have cousins who served in Navy and AF and one of them retired as a commander of ship.

SM's are general purpose? What are you talking about? Where did they intercept a CM or even a BM other than tests? Other day I asked about barak 8 0.5 km interception and you spoke gibberish about that....you have no idea what you are talking about......carriers have their purpose but the point is they are ever more vulnerable especially against capable enemy.....no one said carriers are useles.....

Barak 8 is not an antidote and just like anything it has p-values where it may intercept something just like s-300 or any other AD.
carrier is becoming less of a trump card than before and if you over-invest in it is will become like the Yamato of the japanese navy,too much effort for little return.

the only unique selling point for carriers is that their capability is unique as they can launch aircraft.but even submarines could be said to be unique and they could be more survivable in the coming times when compared to aircraft carriers.

i think the US is making a strategic blunder like many of their other 2000s strategic blunders in the ford class

omaebakabaka

carrier is becoming less of a trump card than before and if you over-invest in it is will become like the Yamato of the japanese navy,too much effort for little return.

the only unique selling point for carriers is that their capability is unique as they can launch aircraft.but even submarines could be said to be unique and they could be more survivable in the coming times when compared to aircraft carriers.

i think the US is making a strategic blunder like many of their other 2000s strategic blunders in the ford class
Its worth is during relative peace time and as deterrent, US investments in them are cashed 100000% already but they will mostly sit out in peer to peer confrontation early on stages.....especially Russia and possibly China and Iran too. USN does have ambitious plans to address new threats with missile proliferation but their recent breakthrough's have been nothing but white elephants.

Abdus Salem killed

What EOTS system do your national helicopters use? Does DRDO have Common Aperture EOTS systems in service? If there's can you give links so I can inform myself. And the sensor that you shared a picture of has HD Thermal Camera. Can you give info about the company's FPA manufacturing capabilities? For instance, do they have local cooled MCT detector production or are they working on it? Thanks.

@rodeo

binayak95

Country flag
its still the best we've got isnt it?...i mean why would we fire our best in front of a foreign navy?
You guys think of the US as some great other. Alien and hostile.

The truth is IN officers are embedded into both CENTCOM and Indopacom. USN officers are embedded into the maritime awareness center. We are truly cross operable and do tri service exercises.

USN assets operate out of Indian bases and vice versa. Their suggestions are implemented implemented into our designs and doctrines, and we co evolve ASW practices 🤷‍♂️

binayak95

Country flag
Whether Argentina lost or not is not the point here....if French did not block the exports then they would have caused more damage. UK pulled nuke threat after bunch of ships being lost and they have to go to their big daddy to send a carrier as a threat too......educate yourself and stick to the point. You are embarassing Indian navy, I have cousins who served in Navy and AF and one of them retired as a commander of ship.

SM's are general purpose? What are you talking about? Where did they intercept a CM or even a BM other than tests? Other day I asked about barak 8 0.5 km interception and you spoke gibberish about that....you have no idea what you are talking about......carriers have their purpose but the point is they are ever more vulnerable especially against capable enemy.....no one said carriers are useles.....

Barak 8 is not an antidote and just like anything it has p-values where it may intercept something just like s-300 or any other AD.
Get rekt dude. 🤣 Barak 8 has point intercept probability against a brahmos type threat of 98%.

With the Mfstar that is.
Agar SM6 ka strike capabilitybke baare mai nahi pata toh kaunse pathar ke niche rehte ho.

binayak95

Country flag
Again your ignorance, any supersonic capable missile is a threat....nato did not even have a supersonic CM for a while. Bramhos is a very potent weapon and more capable than onyx in terms of targetting and flight profile.
Toh maine mana kiya kya? NATO did not possess supersonic CMs and still don't have prolific use because they prefer long ranges and lower signature of subsonic CMs. It's always a compromise.

binayak95

Country flag
Agree, except one thing- the chinese are wasting time with Anti carrier BMs.
Chinese are not wasting time with AShBM, its a beginning of new eras, & USN always find & field coundermasures. SMs can intercept sea skimming cruise missile [non hypersonic], jets, drones, shipz, helios, ICBM to long range AShBM, & in near future HGV & hypersonic cruise missile .
I am waiting for the tests with the no 1 Test and Experimental Squadron. Some truly revolutionary concepts are in the offing. The USN might field missile.killing missiles on their F18s (ala the phoenix on the F14)

binayak95

Country flag

Carriers are not extinct. If they were that vulnerable to AShMs and subs (they are at risk) the chinese would.not bother developing and deploying 3 carriers with plans for 5 EMALS carriers. They'd be happy with their A2AD bubble.and call it a day

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Get rekt dude. 🤣 Barak 8 has point intercept probability against a brahmos type threat of 98%.

With the Mfstar that is.
Agar SM6 ka strike capabilitybke baare mai nahi pata toh kaunse pathar ke niche rehte ho.
Holy shit, bhaiya 98 percent kill probability with a single launch against a mach3 threat, yeah not gonna believe it bruh, that's another wonderwaffe i am hearing, poor yahoodis in Israel will be bamboozeled after hearing it themselves.
On a serious note, the real tested capability of Barak8 is probably classified and seriously the test capability and real capability of a weapons system have contrasted various times in real conflicts so it's better that we don't go on high horses

Articles