DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
PR move to satisfy us poor souls. Every item that the forces want to import is not there in list
if so, how is domestic spending of defence capex increasing YoY?

blatant oversimplification is detrimental to having a proper debate.

let's take the case of increasing pinaka manufacturing capacity of 5000 rockets per year, it was in talks since 2013-14. it took multiple revisions of defence procurement policy to get to a stage where private sector had to be involved to make it achievable. all this was happening while new pinaka variants were being developed and inducted. this process alone took 5 years, even though pinaka is a indigenous system.

a "simple thing" like winter diesel was addressed in 2019-20, inspite of IA vehicles operating in high altitude winters for decades.

same level of complexity applies to all equipment and their sub components in defence.

in every business, customer is the king. customer will always insist on tried and tested products.

it's time we admit, these are complex processes since most manufacturing steps related to defence procurement are not COTS.

sure there are legitimate criticisms, but let's not allow over simplification be the premise of every discussion.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

PR move to satisfy us poor souls. Every item that the forces want to import is not there in list
A system or any system does not turn on dime nor their vectors can be changed overnight.....it takes dedication and careful decisions especially in military domain as failures are catastrophic. So be moderate in your judgement and even if 50% of what is provided materializes then its still good start.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
What is taking that long to place the initial ATAGS order?

Who is behind this delay…… Babus or Generals.

Fire one or two and then prosecute them!
Is there a money problem where they can't make that high initial order ?I think they don't have an issue with money and every technical aspect of the weapon is cleared for production.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
What is taking that long to place the initial ATAGS order?

Who is behind this delay…… Babus or Generals.

Fire one or two and then prosecute them!
Any big army guy or MoD guy jailed for Bofors? I don't think so. There is no way there was a scandal without insider help.
This is always told as some holy grail where you just can't criticise or question. You know National security issue that you can't even question the scandal.

Hari Sud

Country flag
There is another piece artillery……. Truck mounted 105 mm; go anywhere gun for mountains. Six months back we heard a lot about it and suddenly no news or progress we know about it. This would be a perfect hardware for mountains of LAC.

Does anybody know anything about it?

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
There is another piece artillery……. Truck mounted 105 mm; go anywhere gun for mountains. Six months back we heard a lot about it and suddenly no news or progress we know about it. This would be a perfect hardware for mountains of LAC.

It has completed all the user trials with the Indian Army.
Indian Army is actually quite interested in acquiring it, however acquisition numbers are unknown.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
1661116905584.png

1661116925397.png

Does A219 is big enough to host a idli radar, maybe after netra mk2 rolls out, we can always buy some more 2nd hand planes with good life left in them. I believe the point of contention for idli radar was that A330 was just so expensive.
Why don't we just do a combine deal for A330 MRTT and A330 for AWACS, just stop with this tender bullsh*t and do a GtoG deal. I am quite sure the order has the potential to reach 20.

Blademaster

Wasnt vivek lall in lockheed now he is in general dynamics.
We have nothing to compete with that system. So better to acquire it and learn all about it while creating and developing an indigenous system that can compete or supersede this weapon platform.

binayak95

Country flag

in the six months since it was unveiled, the system has undergone trials in both NE and Ladakh
Improvements have been made to the self - un ditching system and vehicular mobility. 2023 first quarter is the tentative timeline right now.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
"Ooh boohoo, the system I want is not being inducted."

Arreh bhai, get off your destrier and walk the palfrey through the mud.
@jai jaganath. Bhai destrierr ek type ka ghoda hota tha medieval Europe me , jo kewal yudh me use kiya jata tha , wo ek bhari ghoda tha , jabki palfrey ek halka ghoda hota tha jo ki lambi duri taay karne Me kargar tha ,
Binayk ji keh rahe hai ki ap apne destrier matlab ladai wale ghode se utro matlab ki apni high level ki wishes ke chakkar me apne palfrey ko mat ignore karo matlab choti choti requirement ko .
@binayak95 sir aur clear batayenge

binayak95

Country flag
@jai jaganath. Bhai destrierr ek type ka ghoda hota tha medieval Europe me , jo kewal yudh me use kiya jata tha , wo ek bhari ghoda tha , jabki palfrey ek halka ghoda hota tha jo ki lambi duri taay karne Me kargar tha ,
Binayk ji keh rahe hai ki ap apne destrier matlab ladai wale ghode se utro matlab ki apni high level ki wishes ke chakkar me apne palfrey ko mat ignore karo matlab choti choti requirement ko .
@binayak95 sir aur clear batayenge
Ji shreeman, sahi pakde.
Sirf Europe mai hi nahi, apne Mughal inhi warhorses ke peeche marte the, used to import them by the tens of thousands - meanwhile Marathas and Rajputs: marwari go brrr

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ji shreeman, sahi pakde.
Sirf Europe mai hi nahi, apne Mughal inhi warhorses ke peeche marte the, used to import them by the tens of thousands - meanwhile Marathas and Rajputs: marwari go brrr
Mughal through bred maagate the sirji ?
Wo to arbi ya fir akal teke mangwate the na ?
Aur rajput to marwari ya kathiya wari
Maratha ek aur breed this special Deccan ki uska naam na yaad araha hai

binayak95

Country flag
Mughal through bred maagate the sirji ?
Wo to arbi ya fir akal teke mangwate the na ?
Aur rajput to marwari ya kathiya wari
Maratha ek aur breed this special Deccan ki uska naam na yaad araha hai
I also dont remember the exact name - got them from this book - The Tale of the Horse - by Yashwashini Chandra. Mughals used to get thoroughbreds and european horse breeds in addition to Arabian horses, all the way from the caucasus and transoxania.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles