DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

flanker99

Country flag
it failed however as the range was not comparable to missiles that other destroyers have and the ammo was much more expensive than previously predicted and was almost as expensive as missiles.the Americans went on a wrong path of concurrent development of the Zumwalt class without making sure that the main gun around which the concept of this ship type was built was a mastered technology.so the 3 ships of this class became at best experimental ships and they lost a lot of time and energy and money on a dead line of new generation destroyers.they have now abandoned the revolutionary design path and have settled on an evolutionary design NGD and they are in the design phase.

because of this the mainline destroyer combatant of the US navy is still the venerable but fast-getting obsolete Burke.
Some of it is not true ...the pic u see was posted by a recently retired high ranking USN officer who still works in USNI....he told us that the gun is ready but navy doesn't want to maintain a new type of gun just for 3 ships and that most of the problems in zumwalt have been solved but cost remains high and that it is likely their NGD will be based on tech developed for zumwalt

flanker99

Country flag
View attachment 166700

So, guys it is finally clear that AMCA won't have EOTS, atleast the mk1 won't have it. It will have DAS as it has been mentioned by DRDO officials working on AMCA in several news articles though not seen on this model, perhaps coz its submerged blended inside body so no need to show it on aerodynamic test model. On the other hand EOTS has never been mentioned once by officials.
Also EOTS and IRST both doesn't makes sense as EOTS can do the same work of IRST so expectation of EOTS after IRST confirmed are extremely slim.
Absence of EOTS means targeting pod for ground attack missions thereby say bye bye to stealth ground attack missions.

I am disappointed slightly, because we took our sweet time to work AMCA out and still lack EOTS essential system for mk1 which is going to be inducted in 2030/32.
I understand that IAF is okay with it which leads me to double down ony belief that IAF is indeed very adamant on its air defence role and completely forgets about striking ground targets.
To draw out parallel, SU 57 too doesn't have EOTS and guess what is the performance of RUAF in Ukraine, they are rather performing very low sorties that too on SU25 with dumb weapons.

If anything is to go by, current PAF has better ground attack capability than IAF, fight me!!!

My conclusion is that AMCA mk1 is good for only air ops and doesn't IRST put a problem for frontal aspect stealth?

And what are those things other than IRST circled?
View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

I swear if AMCA mk2 too doesn't have EOTS then I am gonna flip out

View attachment 166703

ShukantC

Country flag
View attachment 166700

So, guys it is finally clear that AMCA won't have EOTS, atleast the mk1 won't have it. It will have DAS as it has been mentioned by DRDO officials working on AMCA in several news articles though not seen on this model, perhaps coz its submerged blended inside body so no need to show it on aerodynamic test model. On the other hand EOTS has never been mentioned once by officials.
Also EOTS and IRST both doesn't makes sense as EOTS can do the same work of IRST so expectation of EOTS after IRST confirmed are extremely slim.
Absence of EOTS means targeting pod for ground attack missions thereby say bye bye to stealth ground attack missions.

I am disappointed slightly, because we took our sweet time to work AMCA out and still lack EOTS essential system for mk1 which is going to be inducted in 2030/32.
I understand that IAF is okay with it which leads me to double down ony belief that IAF is indeed very adamant on its air defence role and completely forgets about striking ground targets.
To draw out parallel, SU 57 too doesn't have EOTS and guess what is the performance of RUAF in Ukraine, they are rather performing very low sorties that too on SU25 with dumb weapons.

If anything is to go by, current PAF has better ground attack capability than IAF, fight me!!!

My conclusion is that AMCA mk1 is good for only air ops and doesn't IRST put a problem for frontal aspect stealth?

View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

View attachment 166703
Arrey dont worry so much, our CATs/ IUSAV program should be in Induction phase by the time AMCA mk1 goes online. So in case of deep penetration strikes the laser designators on our CATS/IUSAV program will paint the target and the AMCA with its bigger stand off weapons can destroy the the ground tgt/ bunker.

Anyways the lasing of the tgt is more dangerous as that aircraft has to keep painting the tgt the whole way the bomb flies and also conduct battle damage assessment so will rather have a UAV do it rather than a manned aircraft. The AMCA just has to drop the payload and get the F*** out of there....

Vamsi

Country flag
View attachment 166700

View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702

View attachment 166703
My personal guess is that one of the reasons for not having EOTS in AMCA (atleast in Mk-1) may be Ghatak ....see we are developing the Manned-unmanned Teaming concept....Ghatak will have Higher internal payload than AMCA(just 1.5T internal, max AMCA can carry 2 * 500KG bombs)... any day it is better to send a unmanned aircraft than manned one into enemy airspace...

binayak95

Country flag
Some of it is not true ...the pic u see was posted by a recently retired high ranking USN officer who still works in USNI....he told us that the gun is ready but navy doesn't want to maintain a new type of gun just for 3 ships and that most of the problems in zumwalt have been solved but cost remains high and that it is likely their NGD will be based on tech developed for zumwalt
The Zumwalt class is assigned to surface experimental group, a group of warships that includes the Sea Hunter and other USVs - for developing doctrine and technology for the future.

She was meant to be the next line of cruisers of the USN. It would have been so beautiful. 155mm HV extra long range ammo, enough VLS to make Kirov blush and a CMS and AESA radar so good that it makes Burkes SPY-5 Block II look like a kid.

Then the LCS program happened. Sigh.

Akula

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles