DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Info on A4 mk 2 ??
No , but i suspect it will tested soon, by next year end if everything go right
Afaik last test of A4 incorporated changes ie GNC and related subsystems which will end up in A4 mk2

Also ASBM test should be next year, at the end, most probably, let's see,
1st test might be hidden

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Just a thought..

There should be a vertical-launched wheeled-vehicle mounted extended-range of upto 15 km range NAG launcher with atleast 16-24 tubes for anti-personnel , anti-structure and anti-armour role.

Point area defence from incoming land attack & area sanitisation roles.

Target acquisition can be EO.
Many Indian army generals will die of heart attack on hearing this :pound:

Majority of them are very traditional with no stomach for change or radical innovation

Last edited:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Just a thought..

There should be a vertical-launched wheeled-vehicle mounted extended-range of upto 15 km range NAG launcher with atleast 16-24 tubes for anti-personnel , anti-structure and anti-armour role.

This has been a dream of mine for a long time.
I have been waiting for that day in my life when IA finally comes up with an idea for such a system.
Here is such XM501 system, I love the idea of this thing, it consists of 2 missiles, LAM-120km and PAM-40KM, both with data links for use by ground forces. The best thing is it is cassettes based and can be launched from anywhere, see for yourself
1657212356059.png

1657212370314.png

1657212385846.png

1657212402976.png

1657212444211.png

Well, as we all know that China copies everything and they already made a similar system long ago, though I don't know about it's deployment, atleast the thing I like about them is they develop everything so atleast they have knowhow of almost all types of systems, even though not everything is inducted, they are very serious about gaining tech superiority
1657212610018.png

Dont mind that US failed to develop bullshit, like many US programmes it was tested successfuly but ran into budget problems and we all know that any project going over budget by too much is death of that project in US even if it is successful, a good example will be RAH-66 Comanche helicopter, a generation or two apart of its kind and still no equivalent of it on this planet.
Sometimes I think is US retard, they themselves are allowing China to outclass them.

I think Drdo now has good enough experience in tactical missiles and can develop such a system.

We should personally drive a fund me campaign if some Dalal, chaiwala or Gernail is willing to make this reality in IA😅.

Just thinking about possibilities with this system gives me goosebumps.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just a thought..

Vertical launched NAG?

NAG missile itself weigh 40+ kg as of now. You want to make it even more bulkier and costlier when system with far better capability does exists?

There is a reason why even US army cancelled XM501 project in favor of Griffin. XM501 PAM did weigh at 50kg. A weapon has to be practical in use along with state of art.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Vertical launched NAG?

NAG missile itself weigh 40+ kg as of now. You want to make it even more bulkier and costlier when system with far better capability does exists?

There is a reason why even US army cancelled XM501 project in favor of Griffin. XM501 PAM did weigh at 50kg. A weapon has to be practical in use along with state of art.
keeping loitering munitions aside for the moment, waiting for info on how they will operate in a EW denial environment.

americans have high intensity CAS to compensate, their choices will be dependant on value add to their existing protocols.

let's come back to our case.

155mm arty officer won't fire unless they have visual confirmation.

other than 120 mm mortar and 105mm arty for 10-15 km range, what do we have to defend a base in mountainous terrain with reverse slopes and valleys ?

Chinmoy

Country flag
keeping loitering munitions aside for the moment, waiting for info on how they will operate in a EW denial environment.

americans have high intensity CAS to compensate, their choices will be dependant on value add to their existing protocols.

let's come back to our case.

155mm arty officer won't fire unless they have visual confirmation.

other than 120 mm mortar and 105mm arty for 10-15 km range, what do we have to defend a base in mountainous terrain with reverse slopes and valleys ?
When it comes to mountain warfare, every country has a basic underlying principle. "Dominate the height".

Now let's assume we develop such a system like Vertical launch NAG. Then logically you would have to place a looking post (manned/unmanned) on top of the cliff or on height overlooking enemy approach. You can't rely on a overflying drone or satellite for that every time. Now if you could place a watch tower on height, placing a cheap alternative like cannon launched loitering ammo makes more sense then placing a CLGM at the base of the mountain.

This kind of system would work ok in plains. But in mountain warfare, transporting it and launching it to a height to clear obstacle in itself would be a challenge. System like MRPKS makes more sense then a vertical launched ATGM.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Kalyani Group Showcases Extensive Defence Products At East Tech 2022

1657271998756.png

Garuda 105-V2: Ultra-Light Weight Gun System

Unmanned Ground Vehicles

Enhanced Collaborative Autonomous Rover System (ECARS)

Multi-Rotor Drone – Bharat 150

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles

Acoustic Warning Device

Small Arms

JVPC(DRDO)
Sniper Rifles
Advance Carbine(DRDO)
Assault Pistols

Ammunition and Spares

Shells(DRDO)
FSAPDS(DRDO)

Last edited:

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
India exported defence products worth Rs13,000 cr for FY 2021-22 to countries in South East Asia, Africa & west Asia

Privat sector contribute to 90% of defence export as per this article in march 2022 .

Tide might turn in favor of PSUs if HAL manages to export .

Anandhu Krishna

Just a thought..

Not VL but looks like highly mobile AD
SUNGUR, Turkey
Sungur-auf-4x4-Vuran-_SSB.jpg

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Just a thought..

Can we even do proper targeting with EO at 15km range? keep in mind that the horizon is 20 kms, so hitting 15km off doesn't seem practical. Though for mine etc, pinaka is there. Has antipersonnel and anti armour mines packed in if I remember right. Atleast russian equivalent has.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles