DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
We don't have to shoot into pok. We can wait for them to cross the border and then shoot. No 21st century military would send soldiers to do this job.
That is why I said that we have to rewrite the rule of engagement.

We adopted the policy of not using airpower inside our territory back in 1966. Since then air power has been used as a supporting arm instead of offensive inside our territory.

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
These sensors don't work that way because torpedo runs in the water which will absorb the detecting signal and produce a lot of noise.
I'm talking about optical sensors not wave based -direct vision.Can't they see wake of a torpedo ?

BlackViking

Country flag
Maximum range of LORROS is 20 km for Vehicle size target. The TI range of it is better then that of LORROS.
My father used to work on LORROS. He told me that the range of "Day Camera" of LORROS is infinity but "Recognizable range" is 15km.
Also can you explain the 2nd part of your statement

Chinmoy

Country flag
My father used to work on LORROS. He told me that the range of "Day Camera" of LORROS is infinity but "Recognizable range" is 15km.
Also can you explain the 2nd part of your statement
TI means Thermal Imaging or Night Vision.

Its Night Vision range is better then the LORROS we are using.

Yes, the detection range could be as far as the optics supports, but recognition range would always be low. Its the detection range which is generally published and people starts going gaga. But what matters most is the Recognition range.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Just screwdriver Giri ! That is not real make in bharath. Govt just paying lip service to make in india
depends on the perspective, screwdriver giri creates jobs and and it is an expertise in itself.

one may lament low R&D output in the country, but need not regret any incoming expertise and industry building opportunity even if it means screwdriver giri. in 1930's germans were made fun of for making cheap goods, no one makes fun of germans for it now, industries evolve over time.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
The original Whap and IPMV.....This means IPMV cannot move in water!!!!

View attachment 150509

View attachment 150510
Chinese medium infantry brigade has wheeled apc/if with medium calibre turrets of 30mm cannon and amphibious capabilities in Tibetan region.
Americans are upgrading their strykers with 30mm ABM cannons as they lacked firepower to combat conventional forces.
Le* Indian army: Orders Whap variant without autocannon and amphibious capabilities.
1649846922626.png

not so dravidian

Country flag
New 125mm round with 530 mm DOP.
View attachment 150601
Ironically Oshocrop global, the firm which was to be supplying APU for t90 and t72 , also won a contract for developing 125mm apfsds of DOP >= 530 mm a year back.

Now, we have DRDO developing a new apfsds.
Seems like a it will be another TOT, still wonders why army gave such a large order ( over 2500 crores) ?? Seems too early

Last edited:

Articles