DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

radion

Country flag

The vehicles in background, were they also inducted??
Yes.

Here's the tweet text
General MM Naravane #COAS inducted the Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle, Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle, Ultra Long Range Observation System indigenously developed by @tataadvanced
& Multi Role Mine Protected Armoured Vehicle by @BharatForgeLtd
into the #IndianArmy.

BlackViking

Country flag
Yes.

Here's the tweet text
General MM Naravane #COAS inducted the Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle, Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle, Ultra Long Range Observation System indigenously developed by @tataadvanced
into the #IndianArmy.
What is this? If I consider that Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle is Kestrel/WhAP and Multi Role Mine Protected Armoured Vehicle is M4, the remaining visible vehicle has been known as MPV for a long time now. From where this new name comes from??

Srinie

Country flag
Yes.

Here's the tweet text
into the #IndianArmy.
Lol typical Indian behaviour to keep multiple vendors happy so that you are not accused of corruption . Logistics jai bhaad main . All these requirements would have been fulfilled by a single design but tamasha is fun

Srinie

Country flag
That means LOAL test was a failure, but been reported as success. Right?

Now just imagine a scenario where I would approach user with a foreign missile which would give them both the LOBL and LOAL capability with ToT option, what you think user would do?

On other hand, just think whether user would be right or wrong to ask for LOAL capability before mass ordering it.
How can LOAL test be a failure when it has never been tested . I have visited the two previous defence expo the stall guys never said anything about LOAL.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Two questions about helina btw

Are there no plans to integrate 4X helina in one pylon for LCH? The most I've seen is 2.
4 i only saw on the republic day parade mockup.
Most other helicopters in this class also have 4.

Another is,why does helina have a protective outer covering?You can say it's for desert purposes but I don't see hellfire missiles with Apache having a protective covering when being used in the middle East.
All the helicopters where we have seen Hellfire missiles are of medium weight category. We have yet to see it in 4 missile config on single pylon in a light weight class copter.

NAG/Helina make use of cooled IIR seeker. Uncooled seeker work is still in progress. So the launch tube is necessary for it to keep the seeker assembly cool. Hellfire on other hand make use of mmw seeker.

Chinmoy

Country flag
How can LOAL test be a failure when it has never been tested . I have visited the two previous defence expo the stall guys never said anything about LOAL.
I've already posted link where it has been mentioned as LOAL tested from Ground based facility.

Next time when you visit the expo, just ask about what happened to the wire guided ATGM.

radion

Country flag
What is this? If I consider that Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle is Kestrel/WhAP and Multi Role Mine Protected Armoured Vehicle is M4, the remaining visible vehicle has been known as MPV for a long time now. From where this new name comes from??
Either they messed up or the tata 4x4 mpvs are called QRFV now

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Lol typical Indian behaviour to keep multiple vendors happy so that you are not accused of corruption . Logistics jai bhaad main . All these requirements would have been fulfilled by a single design but tamasha is fun
how so, how will all of them be fulfilled by single design?

-across all weight categories
-across all armour protection categories
-across all length categories
-including amphibious requirement

johnj

Gazab logic hai bhai.

If you want order then whom would you bribe?? User or manufacturer??.

If DRDO or PSUs were problem then why government will initiate Atmanirbhar mission??

PSUs are inefficient that's true but they are getting kick back this is something unimaginable.
Armed forces can only choose, and their main focus is warfare, and not so great in hiding kickbacks. All kick back goes to minister, ias, ips and they pay a little to military officers. All major kickbacks goes to civilian tops not military.
1. One who pays, in here goi bureaucrats, ministers. If army took over goi[like pakistan, then army general]
2. Atmanirbhar is to overcome the problem of DRDO or PSUs, and it is about make in india, not R&D in india, bringing foreign drdo/oem to make their product in india.
3.They why vintage equipment ? IA asked and selected modern equipment, not this vintage in first place. Russia is also offering modern ones, not these.
Bottom line, don't use 'kickbacks, bribe etc' when replay my comments, rest fine.
There is some reason why Indian armed forces not able to buy drdo/desi r&d products, mainly due to money and chalta hai policy. Army/iaf still waiting for helina and they yet to start tests, and ada took a decade to develop lca foc from ioc. Simply look the time taken by drdo to develop helina from nag, hal completed lch dev. and produced rudra for IA.
Armed forces order lsp[test phase of armed forces] once r&d complected or small order if not interested.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Isn't there any common camp pattern for armored vehicles in IA. These new tata IPMVs looks odd in their color scheme.

flanker99

Country flag
An aircraft designed in Germany 40 years ago still repainted as a new made India product, I don't know when GOI will replace this boxy design with indigenous "Saras". Even German Government last week started releasing fresh funds for their new Hydrogen powered Dornier Do-328 aircraft.
Agree but atleast HAL and gov has shown some initiative now and has partnered up with a euro firm for hudrogen fueled propulsion

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
An aircraft designed in Germany 40 years ago still repainted as a new made India product, I don't know when GOI will replace this boxy design with indigenous "Saras". Even German Government last week started releasing fresh funds for their new Hydrogen powered Dornier Do-328 aircraft.
Even HAL Kanpur has partnered with Zeroavia to help certify their Hydrogen Powered Solution for the Dornier 228 variants.

Photon

Country flag
Even HAL Kanpur has partnered with Zeroavia to help certify their Hydrogen Powered Solution for the Dornier 228 variants.
Yes that news was their, I remember but the problem here HAL doing themselves, no support from government, and not sure about domestic research and they are still working on it or not. few weeks ago one former Dornier employee criticized Do228 seriously for its design problems after a dornier landing accident video popup online from india.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles