DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Samyukta EW system kya achaar daalne ke liye hai?
Correct me if wrong, but isnt software a huge part of EW systems? We can only copy hardware unless they give us ToT.
We used swordfish/green pine in similar way , can do it for this one too , digital beam forming is one thing that is where you can learn more as a country , multiple pencil beam was where we were trying to improve without loss in power and interference with each others lobes .

Srinie

Country flag
Wonder why a land version of Shakti EW was not attempted instead of an import.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hey folks
Will army order 200 whap in 2022-23 as many media outlets were telling about it
And even it has completed all trials I have heard

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
We can't just blame bureaucrats and politicians alone. Military leadership also deserves equal blame. How many products rejected for stupid reasons? How many requirements changed midway? How many trials are prolonged?

Military leadership has to come down on earth and make strategy based on what is available. Eg. IAF is crying about squadron strength but they are not willing to order more Tejas. They want to fill their squadron strength from foreign fighter only. They will happily fly Mig 21 but not tejas. Same with army. Look what they are doing to Arjun.

Until Indian military stops obsession over shiny foreign equipment and put unreasonable demands for local vendors this problem will remain. This mindset that we need only best of the best equipment to fight must go.
well the military in general will be running out of excuses within a few years for all types of military items from one end to another as because of the entry of many private players in the military arena,they will be able to provide and develop many products after absorbing tech fromoutside and then iteratively develop their own versions after that specifically to indian requirements.

they would also lose the card of indian made and designed weapons being too basic looking and not cutting edge as I am sure the private industry wont let down on the marketing.even drdo products that are good will be marketed and made better throuh private industry.

I am thinking systematically and strategically indian military is being made to choose indian weapons and there are some people who are trying to slow down the process knowing that this is their last stand for importing weapons.even some geopolitical external events have played to our advantage here.

So I am generally caustiously optimistic.they cant hold out for long.

Tuco

Country flag
Correct me if wrong, but isnt software a huge part of EW systems? We can only copy hardware unless they give us ToT.
Yup, it is. My point is that the experienced hands involved in development of similar systems can get a hang of things/get an idea or get inspired by it. In Indian context isn't realising the hardware a problem.