DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

no smoking

Country flag
Part by part testing in controlled environment with simulation , this is the process of testing for most products where full scale testing and improvement in prototype phase is unfeasible , so they do component wise testing
Well, every warhead design and even every weapon is all going through the component wise testing stage, but there is still plenty of weapons failed in the following tests. So, only completing component wise tests, the reliability of the design is too low to put into mass production/deployment. For the weapon as important as nuclear weapons, the requirement of reliability is extremely high. For the countries like China, India, which has only 100-200 warheads, the reliability need to be over 99% (if my memory is right).

Shuturmurg

Country flag
I was going through this article:
about adaptive cycle engines which will be installed on f-35 starting 2028, one of the thing it mentions is that higher power from these engines will allow for multiple new type of weapons, like directed energy weapons and " laser-induced plasma filament holograms, effectively projecting the heat signature of another aircraft hundreds of feet away to distract inbound infrared-guided (heat-seeking) missiles". o_O

Does drdo have any project like that ?

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
about adaptive cycle engines which will be installed on f-35 starting 2028, one of the thing it mentions is that higher power from these engines will allow for multiple new type of weapons, like directed energy weapons and " laser-induced plasma filament holograms, effectively projecting the heat signature of another aircraft hundreds of feet away to distract inbound infrared-guided (heat-seeking) missiles". o_O

Bhai pehle ek basic engine to bana lene de

thebakofbakchod

Nope nothing at all other than some very preliminary research papers. Let us first set up a testbed and testing facility and get the kaveri fully working

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well, every warhead design and even every weapon is all going through the component wise testing stage, but there is still plenty of weapons failed in the following tests. So, only completing component wise tests, the reliability of the design is too low to put into mass production/deployment. For the weapon as important as nuclear weapons, the requirement of reliability is extremely high. For the countries like China, India, which has only 100-200 warheads, the reliability need to be over 99% (if my memory is right).
Yeah ,and that's why I said that warhead for brahmos may be developed , not that it is mated and in production , and testing it is more of a diplomatic issue .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yup ,phonepe me some rishwat first 😂😂😂 .

Will do it soon .
@ezsasa looks like lot of youtuber failed to gather info , delete most of the links or send them to restricted access group or something to preserve them , so we don't have another IDRW fiasco where they got info from their sources as usual.

And all those youtuber should also contact the owners of info now