DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

su35

Country flag
How can it be another Astra when NG-ARM is 1.5m longer than Astra? And the diameter is too bigger than Astra.
Well images are not that clear to distinguish at first sight well what about seeker??

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well images are not that clear to distinguish at first sight well what about seeker??
It does make use of Passive Broadband Seeker. But whether this seeker is indigenous or not, that we have to wait and see.

Chinmoy

Country flag

video of the SAAW and NGARM tests
Not quiet sure if its an official video or what. Most probably not one, but what interested me is the mention of S-400 and its procurement. Would be nice if its an official video.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Looks pretty much the same size to me. The jackass named Vivek Raghuvanshi too said that "the 140kg missile is too heavy for IAF".
:)... Didn't the jackass mentioned anything about AGM-78, AGM-88 and ALARM????

Kyubi

Country flag
:)... Didn't the jackass mentioned anything about AGM-78, AGM-88 and ALARM????
If thats the status of how r drdo lab/workshops ( the table area in the picture) are then RM has to take them to task ..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
If thats the status of how r drdo lab/workshops ( the table area in the picture) are then RM has to take them to task ..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That pic is not of DRDO work area. Its of the firm who had constructed the framework of the missile.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Astra is 156 Kg or so. How can this be 140 Kg. The nearest equivalent of NG-ARM is the Kh-31P which is 600 Kg.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Astra is 156 Kg or so. How can this be 140 Kg. The nearest equivalent of NG-ARM is the Kh-31P which is 600 Kg.
Kh-31P is an AShM which is RAMJET powered and make use of liquid fuel. Due to its engine its going to be heavy. As @NeXoft007 mentioned, with 60 kg warhead its no way going to be of 140kg overall weight. But if we have to compare something contemporary, it could be compared with AGM-88 in case of warhead. It too have a warhead of 66 kg. But it does have a longer range of 150 km as compared with NG-ARM at 100 km.
So it should weight less then AGM-88 in common sense. But unless and untill we get the dimension of it or any official source on its weight, it would be a speculation.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
This is just an FYI:- I hate this thread.

Why? 'Cause its like a jumble of every news that comes out of the defence industry of India, apart from the really big ticket platforms like tanks and planes and ships. So now, we do not have separate threads for each weapon, rather, we have one page for them all.

So now if I want to track the progress of one weapon over the years, I am screwed.

Articles