Dalit PhD student Rohith Vemula commits suicide: Hyderabad University students cry foul

TheRenegades

It's sad indeed. Taking admission to a college at the expense of a deserving general category student's merit, then wasting that seat. 10th, 12th, undergrad, grad, post grad, PhD, so many seats snatched away from deserving candidates by just one person.
A life was lost, and all you could only feel sad about was that how he took a seat away from "General Category". Dude, kudos to your thought process.

Nuvneet Kundu

A life was lost, and all you could only feel sad about was that how he took a seat away from "General Category". Dude, kudos to your thought process.
Many lives are lost every year when general category students commit suicide due to not getting admission in an institution that they deserve, despite getting 90+ percentile. It's just that bigots consider the life of a Dalit to be more valuable than the life of other human beings so there is disproportionate shedding of tears and disproportionate media outcry. It exposes your mentality more than anyone else's.

Every bigot today is broadcasting his Dalit identity, everyone is crying Dalit! Dalit! Dalit! So many of my farmers are dying, so many of my soldiers are dying, so many of my civilians are dying at the hands of terrorists like Yakub Menon; Who is shedding tears for them? What's so special about the demise of someone who spoke out in favor of Yakub Menon?

Last edited:

TheRenegades

Many lives are lost every year when general category students commit suicide due to not getting admission in an institution that they deserve, despite getting 90+ percentile. It's just that bigots consider the life of a Dalit to be more valuable than the life of other human beings so there is disproportionate shedding of tears and disproportionate media outcry. It exposes your mentality more than anyone else's.
What you are saying is a hyperbole, my friend. Let's stay on topic.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned

Every bigot today is broadcasting his Dalit identity, everyone is crying Dalit! Dalit! Dalit! So many of my farmers are dying, so many of my soldiers are dying, so many of my civilians are dying at the hands of terrorists like Yakub Menon; Who is shedding tears for them? What's so special about the demise of someone who spoke out in favor of Yakub Menon?
Or crores of GC boys who are unemployed & turn to drugs. Lakhs lost like this,

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
So many of my farmers are dying, so many of my soldiers are dying, so many of my civilians are dying at the hands of terrorists like Yakub Menon; Who is shedding tears for them? What's so special about the demise of someone who spoke out in favor of Yakub Menon?
---
@Navneet Kundu exactly, some idiots being used against their own country. Did this rohit realize, if his dream of caliphate came true his wife would be first in ghazi harem.

Gadars, are treated badly by both sides.
These melechas don't know what they're awakening.

Rome, Mecca & Medina will be burning. :)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Confirmed: The guy who committed suicide is not even a Dalit. He is OBC.
He may have been an OBC with a SC certificate. In Bengal too we have this issue. The term Dalit is not properly defined throughout India. I have heard that not all SCs are Dalits.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
No more administrative set-ups on basis of community
R DUTTA CHOUDHURY
GUWAHATI, Jan 17: In a major policy change, the Government of India has decided not to go for any new political and administrative set-up on the basis of ethnicity or community.

Highly placed sources in the Government of India told The Assam Tribune that in the past, such political and administrative set-ups were established on the basis of ethnicity and community, but in some cases, it created new problems while trying to solve one. That is why the Government has taken a policy decision of not creating any new political and administrative set-up on the basis of ethnicity or community, sources said.

Sources said that from the past experience it was seen that creation of such administrative set-ups on the basis of ethnicity or community created difference of opinion among cross sections of people, who have been living together for centuries, and that is why the Government decided not to even encourage such movements.

Sources, however, said that in a democracy, any organization has the right to launch movements in support of their demands and on its part, the Government would hold talks with any organization that launches democratic movements. The Government is of the view that dialogues are the best way to solve problems and the grievances of any group of people would be addressed in the best possible way. There can be reasons for grievances among different sections of people, but that should not lead to creation of administrative set-ups on the basis of ethnicity or community, sources said. Any solution of the problems should be inclusive and if any new administrative or political set-up has to be created, that should have the views of all the stakeholders and all sections of people living in that particular area.

Sources pointed out that even the policy of carrying forward the talks with the NSCN (I-M) was changed immediately after the present Government took over and a decision was taken to go for “inclusive solution”. For years, the talks were going on only with the NSCN leadership. But after the present Government assumed office, efforts were made to engage all the stakeholders, including the civil society groups, elected representatives and other organizations of Nagaland in the process, as they all should have a say in the final solution of the political issues. Efforts were also made to understand the genuine grievances of the people of Nagaland before reaching the final settlement with the NSCN (I-M), sources added.

http://www.assamtribune.com/epaper/jan1816/at07.html

raja696

I see hand of mim party links to isi with collaboration of kcr to remain mute for political gains through his daughter supporting ambetkar group (mix of dalits and muslims). Kcr is another mamata, this time in telangana state.

This time andhra pradesh is not united to save hindus there or even seculars.

Thats y i always said goi should scrutinise all news blogs and supporters of afzal guru whose death is directly linked to pathankot.

Note my words hyderabad is next after kashmir and punjab. That too in south.

Its very imp to survey the rally support against afzal guru hanging and its propaganda machinary.

Kcr === mamata

Division of andhrapradesh is well intended by MIM owaisi fcukerz... now kcr political intentions will add fuel.

GOI is to blame... we will see radicalisation soon which is already a reality to its core... Best of luck Bjp en Congress u fcuked andhrapradesh now suffer naxalism too.

Telangana is the only state naxals+ngos+radicals +political nexus+'paid media deadly combo exists.

If Telangana is taken over ,from north east along the coast to south central telangana will be there hub... so there will be no right wing will be left in few decades. Police are being puppets for protocol arrangements for vips... so there is no body left to deal with this menace.

Among them most dangerous is MIM.. god sake gather proofs and establish string of spy units in peaceful lalala places.

Don't let them join together. .. make them fight each other.

Else country will suffer

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
It's sad indeed. Taking admission to a college at the expense of a deserving general category student's merit, then wasting that seat. 10th, 12th, undergrad, grad, post grad, PhD, so many seats snatched away from deserving candidates by just one person.
I don't know why Indians have became hypocrites, I mean when we talk about reservations we look at historical persecutions , but when we talk of secularism we don't :heh:, vote bank politics is screwing the nation.

Those students or student unions who opposed Yakub Memon's hanging does not deserve any sympathy, they are fanatical organizations which have became a tool for anti-national forces and left parties who practice minority appeasement at the cost of integrity and unity of the nation.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I see hand of mim party links to isi with collaboration of kcr to remain mute for political gains through his daughter supporting ambetkar group (mix of dalits and muslims). Kcr is another mamata, this time in telangana state.

This time andhra pradesh is not united to save hindus there or even seculars.

Thats y i always said goi should scrutinise all news blogs and supporters of afzal guru whose death is directly linked to pathankot.

Note my words hyderabad is next after kashmir and punjab. That too in south.

Its very imp to survey the rally support against afzal guru hanging and its propaganda machinary.

Kcr === mamata

Division of andhrapradesh is well intended by MIM owaisi fcukerz... now kcr political intentions will add fuel.

GOI is to blame... we will see radicalisation soon which is already a reality to its core... Best of luck Bjp en Congress u fcuked andhrapradesh now suffer naxalism too.

Telangana is the only state naxals+ngos+radicals +political nexus+'paid media deadly combo exists.

If Telangana is taken over ,from north east along the coast to south central telangana will be there hub... so there will be no right wing will be left in few decades. Police are being puppets for protocol arrangements for vips... so there is no body left to deal with this menace.

Among them most dangerous is MIM.. god sake gather proofs and establish string of spy units in peaceful lalala places.

Don't let them join together. .. make them fight each other.

Else country will suffer

Relax buddy, Hyderabad demographics have changed considerably due to IT revolution, there are more telugu people in that region now than in last 400 years.

raja696

In a good way or in a bad way?
Buddy i am not talking about demographics. ... all i am saying is in telangana fire triangle is ready .... source of fire=media, fuel = left parties, oxygen=anti nationals (political gains(mim,trs); serves in the interest of radicals (pakis).

Why i mentioned hindus is that they are like many neutrons between protons in a nucleus perfect charge balancer. Less the neutrons nuclues collapse. You very well know it?

Nuvneet Kundu

Demographic change is one of the reasons for A.P state's bifurication !

There are many good things happened like economic development, wealth creation and urbanization.
That's what I was seeking clarity on. Usually on this forum, 'demographic change' is not a good word. It usually means jihadi/Bangladeshi influx. That was the context of my question.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
That's what I was seeking clarity on. Usually on this forum, 'demographic change' is not a good word. It usually means jihadi/Bangladeshi influx. That was the context of my question.
The Telangana people saw the migration of coastal people as hegemony and a threat, this ignited the separatist movement which was already there since 1956.

Nuvneet Kundu

The Telangana people saw the migration of coastal people as hegemony and a threat, this ignited the separatist movement which was already there since 1956.
Even Gujarat and Maharashtra are going to be split into smaller states, Saushtra and Vidarbha, I believe. BJP is very keen on it. I've heard both Parrikar and Gadkari stating how smaller states make the task of administering them relatively easy. Resources get distributed more justly, this leads to balanced economic growth, and eventually leads to social equality and death of Naxals :D

raja696

Even Gujarat and Maharashtra are going to be split into smaller states, Saushtra and Vidarbha, I believe. BJP is very keen on it. I've heard both Parrikar and Gadkari stating how smaller states make the task of administering them relatively easy. Resources get distributed more justly, this leads to balanced economic growth, and eventually leads to social equality and death of Naxals :D
Distribution of resources, balanced economy, social equality all gone in shot ie smaller states.

I am yet to find hyd like city in smaller states.

AP was split because it always playing king maker at centre.(national parties perspective)(bjp cant win, congress vs tdp)(hence bjp congo agreed to split)

I understand ur reply its only sarcasm.

Smaller states are easier to control with money power, religion, caste, vis versa vis... you name it.

Bullocks the reasons that administration is easy with smaller states.... can we maintain isro with 3 technicians....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles