Countering cold start: Military to adopt new war concept

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Details of IBG are classified but here is the info available from open source
from your own source

The main objective of the operation was to cut down the mobilisation time of the military, which took 27 days to mobilise during Operation Parakram. The Indian Army confirmed that the exercise was successful, reducing mobilisation time drastically to 48 hours.[12]
but this is what than happened in 2001-02 standoff when india had many times better equipments,a much bigger economy and Defence budget,

what are the possibility that even now they could be able to deploy there troops on the western border within 48 hours?

India suffered 1,874 casualties without fighting a war - Times Of India

NEW DELHI: The life of an Indian Army soldier comes cheap. The US-led coalition forces lost just around 150 personnel during the recent Iraq operations. In sharp contrast, and without going to war, almost 2,000 Indian Army soldiers were killed or wounded during the 10-month forward deployment along the Indo-Pak border last year

The number of Army personnel killed or wounded in Jammu and Kashmir and the western sector during the mobilisation, Operation Parakram, from December 19, 2001 to October 16, 2002, was 1,874," said Defence Minister George Fernandes.

It took india more than 1800 soldiers death and 10 months for deployment.how can one expect them that they had reduced the time to only 48hours?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
from your own source

but this is what than happened in 2001-02 standoff when india had many times better equipments,a much bigger economy and Defence budget,

what are the possibility that even now they could be able to deploy there troops on the western border within 48 hours?

India suffered 1,874 casualties without fighting a war - Times Of India

It took india more than 1800 soldiers death and 10 months for deployment.how can one expect them that they had reduced the time to only 48hours?
we dont have to bring whole of IA inside Pakistan, just 6-8 IBG, rest of the army will come at its own speed till international border.

You see this plan is so so good that Pakistan military has already said that it will nuke our IBG and they have conducted exercises to counter this plan this prima facie shows that plan and equipment's are placed to fulfill the objective.

bose

Country flag
To me an ideal IBG must have 200 MBT's with 250 APC's, 150 heavy artillery, 25 anti tank helio's gunships, SAM batteries and manned by 100,000 infantry men's. Air force giving the air cover...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
we dont have to bring whole of IA inside Pakistan, just 6-8 IBG, rest of the army will come at its own speed till international border.

You see this plan is so so good that Pakistan military has already said that it will nuke our IBG and they have conducted exercises to counter this plan this prima facie shows that plan and equipment's are placed to fulfill the objective.
To me an ideal IBG must have 200 MBT's with 250 APC's, 150 heavy artillery, 25 anti tank helio's gunships, SAM batteries and manned by 100,000 infantry men's. Air force giving the air cover...
if i take bose post true.than it means almost 80% of your troops will make up the 8 IBG's

If i compare this to the 2001-02 standoff.it took you months to mobilize odd 3lac.i am sure it will take atleast 6 months to mobilize 80% of your army strength to the border

bose

Country flag
if i take bose post true.than it means almost 80% of your troops will make up the 8 IBG's

If i compare this to the 2001-02 standoff.it took you months to mobilize odd 3lac.i am sure it will take atleast 6 months to mobilize 80% of your army strength to the border
Bhai Jaan,

I did not say that we have 8 IBG's... that number is debatable... hypothetically speaking in a war with Pakistan, India does not need more that 3 IBG's operating in parallel...

bose

Country flag
Bhai Jaan,

This is 2013 not 2001-02, India has learned a lesson or two from that incident, now the focus is how IA can move fast & quickly and capture enemy territory in a lightning strike"¦ IA is putting lot of effort & capability for a very quick deployment in border areas"¦ You know that big heavy lifters from Boeing are specifically for such purpose"¦

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

Bhai Jaan,

I did not say that we have 8 IBG's... that number is debatable... hypothetically speaking in a war with Pakistan, India does not need more that 3 IBG's operating in parallel...
if i go by your post again.

If 3 IBG's means 3lac troops and the support equipments you mentioned.thats less than half the strength of PA.how will you penetrate LOC with this much force.when PA will be at ofensive level with more than 6 lac troops,lacs of reserves to reach the border site soon again and alot of paramilitary forces movement also into the border since each city in pakistan has atleast 2-3k paramilitary forces on average and while cities like karachi,sialkot etc has even more.

IN return the Pak soldier strength on border would be more than 12lac troops,thousands of tanks vis a vis 750 in india's case considering three IBG's.100's of MLRS,

how will you penetrate such an thick defense line?when your strenght would be 4 times less than the defensive force.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Bhai Jaan,

This is 2013 not 2001-02, India has learned a lesson or two from that incident, now the focus is how IA can move fast & quickly and capture enemy territory in a lightning strike"¦ IA is putting lot of effort & capability for a very quick deployment in border areas"¦ You know that big heavy lifters from Boeing are specifically for such purpose"¦
it will take months if you use the c-17 for this purpose.alone transporting the 750 tanks will take atleast 1 month to be transported.

yes we know 80% of your tanks dont even have night fight capability except T-90 none other tank in indian arsenal is worth war not even the arjun
if i am not wrong the IA is now in even more badshape compared to 2001-02..

bose

Country flag
if i go by your post again.

If 3 IBG's means 3lac troops and the support equipments you mentioned.thats less than half the strength of PA.how will you penetrate LOC with this much force.when PA will be at ofensive level with more than 6 lac troops,lacs of reserves to reach the border site soon again and alot of paramilitary forces movement also into the border since each city in pakistan has atleast 2-3k paramilitary forces on average and while cities like karachi,sialkot etc has even more.

IN return the Pak soldier strength on border would be more than 12lac troops,thousands of tanks vis a vis 750 in india's case considering three IBG's.100's of MLRS,

how will you penetrate such an thick defense line?when your strenght would be 4 times less than the defensive force.

It need a long reply to your queries... anyway I will try to reply ASAP... but how come around 500 of so USA MBTs were pitted against 1000's of Iraqi's own MBT's ?? Still you see the outcome of the war?? Food for thought!!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
It need a long reply to your queries... anyway I will try to reply ASAP... but how come around 500 of so USA MBTs were pitted against 1000's of Iraqi's own MBT's ?? Still you see the outcome of the war?? Food for thought!!
Answer is simple

neither india is USA nor pakistan is iraq

bose

Country flag
it will take months if you use the c-17 for this purpose.alone transporting the 750 tanks will take atleast 1 month to be transported.
In correct, those C-17's will land right on top of the sand of Rajasthan near the border... India is going to have quite a number of them in very near future... more over not all will be transported as there will kept near by at all time for quick push into Pak"¦

yes we know 80% of your tanks dont even have night fight capability except T-90 none other tank in indian arsenal is worth war not even the arjun
if i am not wrong the IA is now in even more badshape compared to 2001-02..
It is thing of past... T-72's are already been given the night vision equipments and in a year or two all will get them...

Arjun is more than a match for anything in Pak side...

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Answer is simple

neither india is USA nor pakistan is iraq
very true... Pakistan's capabilty is worse than Iraq's atleast record says so... atleast Iraq had the guts to face USA, while what was your response to USA's daily drone attacks ?? Oh! not to forget about the Saint Osama raid at abbotabad... PAF was sleeping all night...

Pakistan will not servive more than a week's war...

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
In correct, those C-17's will land right on top of the sand of Rajasthan near the border... India is going to have quite a number of them in very near future... more over not all will be transported as there will kept near by at all time for quick push into Pak"¦
How many of them?so far only 6 of them are on order.what if pak shoot them in the air?
best way for india is transport through rail.faster and reliable
It is thing of past... T-72's are already been given the night vision equipments and in a year or two all will get them...

Arjun is more than a match for anything in Pak side...
Wrong news.only a few dozen were upgraded.yet the mass upgrade is to start.

India will most probably only use t-90 against pakistan.arjun would be a dead meat against t-80ud or Al khalid and Al khalid I.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
very true... Pakistan's capabilty is worse than Iraq's atleast record says so...
Pakistan armed forces are now trained to its extreme.please check out the PA vs taliban and 42 countries vs taliban in Afghanistan.and the death toll of both the countries terrorists.

you will get your answer.

and we will see what happens If the bluff CSD is ever done,
meanwhile the CSD is fueling more and more weapons and training into PA.making them more and more harder to defeat

bose

Country flag
Pakistan armed forces are now trained to its extreme.please check out the PA vs taliban and 42 countries vs taliban in Afghanistan.and the death toll of both the countries terrorists.

you will get your answer.

and we will see what happens If the bluff CSD is ever done,
meanwhile the CSD is fueling more and more weapons and training into PA.making them more and more harder to defeat
Pakistan Army is very badly exposed by rag tag Talibans... getting killed like doves...

bose

Country flag
How many of them?so far only 6 of them are on order.what if pak shoot them in the air?
best way for india is transport through rail.faster and reliable

Wrong news.only a few dozen were upgraded.yet the mass upgrade is to start.

India will most probably only use t-90 against pakistan.arjun would be a dead meat against t-80ud or Al khalid and Al khalid I.
Be very careful you are again trolling big time without facts... Mod's are watching will send you to Jail again...

Tension na ley... ok India will not use CSD on Pakistan...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan Army is very badly exposed by rag tag Talibans... getting killed like doves...
Because of IED's.PA has suffered alot.

I am not sure whether you are aware of the terrain of fata or not.
Beside this 27k talibans are already dead.and many captured.and please compare this to the kashmir insurgency and deaths of IA..even though you know more than half ot the IA is deployed in kashmir but still the death toll of iA is very very big and the paramilitary forces death toll is close to a 1lac.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Be very careful you are again trolling big time without facts... Mod's are watching will send you to Jail again...

Tension na ley... ok India will not use CSD on Pakistan...
this should be the concern of mods not you.and please quote my statement.the one without facts

look at your posts as well for considering pak worst than Iraq.while Iraq has jsut recently signed a defence pact with iraq for there own protection

bose

Country flag
Because of IED's.PA has suffered alot.

I am not sure whether you are aware of the terrain of fata or not.
Beside this 27k talibans are already dead.and many captured.and please compare this to the kashmir insurgency and deaths of IA..even though you know more than half ot the IA is deployed in kashmir but still the death toll of iA is very very big and the paramilitary forces death toll is close to a 1lac.
The Kashmir insurgency is dead... few attacks here and there do not matter...Para military is enough to take care of those cowards who does not dare to attack from front... just see the amount of tourist going to Kashmir from rest of India"¦ it is touching record numbers"¦ does it not indicate something ??

Indian Army has the experience on fighting against guerilla forces for 50 years now... that too in high mountains & thick jungles of North East... Pakistan can not think of it...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles