Computer Console Gaming thread

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Used to play so many games, in Uni, it was around 40 hours of gaming a week, already a job for me,
Even when I got job, I would play 20+ hours a week.

Then got married & had a kid.
Now I barely play around 10 hours a month if I am lucky.

Anyone else play ESO here?
What's ESO ? Elder Scrolls ?

Roshan

Country flag
Hearts of Stone was really really good. One of the best games I've played. Much better than the main game.

@Dovah you could skip the Witcher main game and just play Hearts of Stone. It's also not super long
Hearts of stone without playing the main game could be a challenge. Some of the enemies are quite strong, though not as much as blood and wine. God.that vampire made life hell. I has trouble with hanses on the lower levels can't imagine how hard it would be on the highst difficulty.
The story is just something else though I'm HoS.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Hearts of stone without playing the main game could be a challenge. Some of the enemies are quite strong, though not as much as blood and wine. God.that vampire made life hell. I has trouble with hanses on the lower levels can't imagine how hard it would be on the highst difficulty.
The story is just something else though I'm HoS.
IIRC you start with a level 30+ character if you open Hearts of Stone directly from the main menu

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Elder Scrolls online.

MMO made on Skyrim engine. Not that great, but better than FO 76.
Anything is better than FO 76 :yawn:

TBH I don't like Elder Scrolls series anymore after Oblivion. My initial impression of Skyrim was good, but it became too repetitive. Plus crap story

Defcon 1

Country flag
What was the last good game they released ?
I felt both skyrim and FO4 were pretty good games. They took the old Bethesda open world formula and extended by adding things like radiant AI, unscripted dragon attacks and base building.

Any complaints you have about the game such as shitty UI on PC version or dual welding of shields can easily be fixed via mods, which is another plus for the series.

The problems with the latest Bethesda games in my opinion are:
1. They are too long. Only most enthusiastic players will have the patience to keep up till end, especially once you reach high level so that everything just becomes a squash match
2. Instead of using radiant ai to help player explore more areas, they use it to give repetitive boring quests.

Edit: also skyrim needs to change their levelling system to skill points based system like in fallout series

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Anything is better than FO 76 :yawn:

TBH I don't like Elder Scrolls series anymore after Oblivion. My initial impression of Skyrim was good, but it became too repetitive. Plus crap story
Skyrim is still salvable by modding it into a hard survival game and ignoring all of the main and guild quests. Oblivion story and is top-notch but the gameplay is beyond saving. That thieves guild questline. :drool:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Skyrim is still salvable by modding it into a hard survival game and ignoring all of the main and guild quests. Oblivion story and is top-notch but the gameplay is beyond saving. That thieves guild questline. :drool:
Will connect with about list of recommended mods for Skyrim in a few days

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Will connect with about list of recommended mods for Skyrim in a few days
Dude, I modded skyrim to the point my GPU literally caught fire (it was a laptop, but still). Nothing can compensate for an average story sadly. :sad:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Dude, I modded skyrim to the point my GPU literally caught fire (it was a laptop, but still). Nothing can compensate for an average story sadly. :sad:
Then you are in luck. I don't mind the story. I have left skyrim thrice after reaching level 40. Just have an itch to complete it.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Morrowind had the best story and world :yey:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Seriously though anyone playing monster hunter?

Good game for lock down.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
PS5 better not be delayed because of covid.:rage:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles