DFI Computer Programming thread

sydsnyper

Country flag
if any one is into VMware / Power shell, I can share few PDF's ... All bought with my money before any one start blaming for stealing others work..
Thank you, I will need your help with VMWare materials. We are planning to move from Citrix to VMWare in the near future. I have a very basic know how of citrix, mostly on the job stuff, but would like to get my virtualization knowhow right from the very basic.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
My purpose of creating this thread is to maximize potential of our members here.

We are a diverse bunch, some of us are doctors, engineers, army officers, businessmen, lawyers etc etc.
Each one of us can learn soemthing from the other.

Who knows we might end up creating our own Conglomerate one day.

Kumata

Country flag
Thank you, I will need your help with VMWare materials. We are planning to move from Citrix to VMWare in the near future. I have a very basic know how of citrix, mostly on the job stuff, but would like to get my virtualization knowhow right from the very basic.
PM me your mail id.. Will send out ..i assume you are moving Citrix VDI to horizoin VDI

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Sir ji any good YouTube or website to learn python?
Don't get dragged into tutorial hell. Just pick up a project and start implementing it. It will be difficult at first but eventually it will get easier. Tutorials only provide sense of accomplishment.

Post your questions here or StackOverflow, if you need any help.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Don't get dragged into tutorial hell. Just pick up a project and start implementing it. It will be difficult at first but eventually it will get easier. Tutorials only provide sense of accomplishment.

Post your questions here or StackOverflow, if you need any help.
I don't have any problem with your approach but to start a project I must know the concept, Syntax and terminology of the language.
I haven't found any decent book on Python either, no book goes deep into the syntax of the Python language.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I don't have any problem with your approach but to start a project I must know the concept, Syntax and terminology of the language.
What OS do you use? Windows? Debian? OSX? Let's see if we can help you bootstrap.

I haven't found any decent book on Python either, no book goes deep into the syntax of the Python language.
Learning a programming language theoretically is like quicksand. The only way to quickly learn is through projects. Keep a book for reference only, and even then it is useless since you have access to all the docs online, and then some.

Anyway, if you want a good book for Python reference - buy Learning Python by Mark Lutz.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Follow any tutorial or book man. And then try to implement it.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I have a forum which is on php. The forum support usually sorts things for me. But if I had to do something myself then Stackoverflow is a great place to look.

And also webdev or sysadmin of reddit are also good for getting help. Hell!! I got some good tips there regarding managing databases and all.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If I want to write a program to identify patterns of written word and place them in the quadrants of my choosing, sourced from say twitter or other social media, what tools should I be looking at?

similar to the ideology thingie we did on the other thread, which was based on Q&A.

but in my case no Q&A.

at an advanced level, may be even predict what that person will say next on a particular topic.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
If I want to write a program to identify patterns of written word and place them in the quadrants of my choosing, from say twitter or other social media, what tools should I be looking at?
That is a complicated NLP application if you want to do it from scratch. That is, if there is some level of intelligence involved in your use case. You can buy custom software from vendors if you intend to make money off of it.

If you simply want to filter out posts based on keywords, then that is way simpler, however you will lose context information when using dumb parsers like that.

at an advanced level, may be even predict what that person will say next on a particular topic.
That is an even more complicated prediction application.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That is a complicated NLP application if you want to do it from scratch. That is, if there is some level of intelligence involved in your use case. You can buy custom software from vendors if you intend to make money off of it.

If you simply want to filter out posts based on keywords, then that is way simpler, however you will lose context information when using dumb parsers like that.

That is an even more complicated prediction application.
Is there any such work going on in India right now?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Build a mobile platform to replace Zoom and Tik-Tok. That should be purpose of this thread.
Reason for the success of those applications is not their technical aspects, but their business model and financial backing. You could make a 100 clones and none of them will get a millionth of the userbase any of those apps have. Only you will run out of money with increasing server costs and marketing. Then the app dies.

Global Defence

Articles