Computer Console Gaming thread

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Daisy

Would I lose my data if I change RAM , Motherboard and Processor on my PC ?

Daisy

If you want faster PC first thing you should change is hard Drive to ssd.
Do I need to modify my motherboard or buy new motherboard which is compatible with Solid State Drive ?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Do I need to modify my motherboard or buy new motherboard which is compatible with Solid State Drive ?
No no no SSD installation is extremely easy. She needs to be installed in the same way we install Hard disk just connect sata wire YOU DON'T NEED TO UPDATE ANYTHING FOR INSTALLATION OF SSD. You don't need to buy big ssd just buy 128 GB one "AND INSTALL OS ON THAT" your performance will increase massively.

IndianHawk

Country flag
If you have motherboard with sata connectivity just buy a sata ssd and replace it . Easy peasy.

New motherboard come with m2 slots which can use m2 sad.

Sata ssd should be enough for any general purpose use so no need to upgrade motherboard.

AnantS

Country flag
Folks , Planning to buy laptop, I had asked earlier here but got no response... SO Asking again - I need a good RAM(8/16 GB), Decent Graphic Card( for running Blender & unity - though I am damn sure I am not going to work on them for more than a day) & Good Screen & Good Cooling with price less than 1,00,000. What all models can you suggest? I am out of touch of Laptop Market scenario for more than a decade - so dunno what works in the market today

IndianHawk

Country flag
Folks , Planning to buy laptop, I had asked earlier here but got no response... SO Asking again - I need a good RAM(8/16 GB), Decent Graphic Card( for running Blender & unity - though I am damn sure I am not going to work on them for more than a day) & Good Screen & Good Cooling with price less than 1,00,000. What all models can you suggest? I am out of touch of Laptop Market scenario for more than a decade - so dunno what works in the market today
Look at models of Asus tuf series. Alternatively there is Acer nitro . I won't suggest Chinese so leave out Lenovo.

MSI also have great offering with graphics cards and 9th gen intel processors.

Gaming laptop ( with powerful graphics may be a bit heavy) if you want light laptop look at Asus vivobook and aser swift series.

Pricess range from 50k to 70-80k.

AnantS

Country flag
Look at models of Asus tuf series. Alternatively there is Acer nitro . I won't suggest Chinese so leave out Lenovo.

MSI also have great offering with graphics cards and 9th gen intel processors.

Gaming laptop ( with powerful graphics may be a bit heavy) if you want light laptop look at Asus vivobook and aser swift series.

Pricess range from 50k to 70-80k.
Thanks! I also do not want to buy any Chinese Brand. How's support for after sales support for MSI & ASUS? Which Intel Graphics Card I should go in for. One thing I hate is measly number of USB ports(2 or 3 with third being type C)

IndianHawk

Country flag
Thanks! I also do not want to buy any Chinese Brand. How's support for after sales support for MSI & ASUS? Which Intel Graphics Card I should go in for. One thing I hate is measly number of USB ports(2 or 3 with third being type C)
Support is slow but laptop build quality is decent.
If you're in metro city you should be fine.

Go for Nvidia graphics . At 70-80 k you can get 4gb DDR 5 Nvidia graphics in laptop easily. Check what blender and unity demand . But I suspect 1080 , 1080i can handle most things.

Ports numbers will be low in general but you can search among different models.

Go for thunder bolt port c . Use that to connect a dock for multiple ports.

Thunderbolt port is future proof but may come a bit costly right now. But with thunderbolt port in future if you need you can connect desktop level graphic card in laptop.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Check out this monster
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/asus-rog...e?pid=COMFG9YREMYHNH3C&cmpid=product.share.pp

It's all latest shit . ( Probably missing thunderbolt)
Intel 9th gen high watt cpu , GTi 1650. 4gbddr5 .
2666 Hz ram 16 GB + more slot.

120hz screen will be a treat to watch action and play games.

AnantS

Country flag
Thanks @IndianHawk champ! I like that laptop you shared, wish there was version without those Gizmo lights and brighter true color Screen(similar to Creator version - I like simplicity of "creator" version - but they are damn expensive). The laptop you showed had good config, though no thunderbolt port - but clicks all buttons for me. I'll have to wait for its new stock it seems.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Project IGI type vibe hai. The best escape level I've played was in COD.

Nice, but it looks like an arcade setup with a guide character and not an open world setup :notsure:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles