Computer Console Gaming thread

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Have not played games in a while, is softonic or filehippo reliable sources for download? Any other sources?/
myabandonware is good but sadly many games are still under muh kopyroightz ree so they often strike down old classics there,
but you could still find tonnes of good stuff there,

as for Delta Force games,
try if these links works, links are encoded in base64

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

games are
- Delta Force
- Delta Force 2
- Delta Force Land Warrior
- Delta Force Task Force Dagger
- Delta Force Black Hawk Down
- Delta Force Xtreme

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Remembering old games
================
First game i'd like to mention is, 😏 not Mario but, this one,

so everybody recognises EA Sport's Criket 07 (and how original game notoriously butchered names of players, Tendulkar became Tendehar something lol)...but let's see how many recognise-remember this,
View attachment 153775
this,gentlemen,is called by many names "Brian Lara 2003" "International Cricket" etc, it was part of those 'game cassettes' we had in past that might've gotten many games in one etc
some other pics,
View attachment 153776
View attachment 153777
View attachment 153778
...but you know what's best part of this ?
this wasn't actually a 'nintendo licensed/approved/released' game means it wasn't an original NES//Famicom game at all,
rather, it was all coded by Hong Kong based bootleg games developers...
most likely they ported Brian Lara's International Cricket released for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive into this,
but yeah it was good enough port and had that ;feel; to it
(later i'll mention many more such ;bootleg; ports of games, some were actually good)
my best guess is, it was bootleg port of this one - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lara_Cricket_'96

where to find it ?
trust me it took me so long to even find actual ROM for this game and i got it from a russian gamer-hobbyist website at here = https://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/
you'll find some of the most amusing ROMs, many ;bootleg; ones,
i'll also attach ROM file for this one with this post just in case,
link -> https://files.catbox.moe/bl2gg7.7z

oh and you would also need Emulator(s)...
imma drop some links, pick one that works best for you,
the one i'm using nowadays is Mesen

NES/Famicom Emulatos
before emulators, i'd suggest you would save BIOS files for NES and Famicom as some emulators do require those stuff, refer these links - https://files.catbox.moe/8b3ddi.zip and https://files.catbox.moe/ipudsj.zip

- Mesen -> http://www.mesen.ca/
- Nestopia UE -> http://0ldsk00l.ca/nestopia/
note that 7z library file (7zxa.dll) that comes with this emulator is kinda...broken, you might want to replace it with other DLL that works, just google it
- puNES -> https://github.com/punesemu/puNES/releases
fetch latest release
^these should be more than enough but just in case you need something else just google NES emulator
Remembering old games
================

Last time i introduced a kirket video game from the past,
this time i'm going to talk about this,
1651504952754.png

Contra Force
...but in India i've mostly seen it as Super Contra 6, naturally another bootleg thing from our friendly neighbours,
1651505028256.png

both are practically same games except, SC6 has different "characters" that are street fighter's Ryu, Guile etc lol...oh and SC6 has larger extra lives per character
also, each character has their own unique weapons, you can upgrade weapons by collecting power bags falling out of breakable things and pressing "select" button when a certain iteam is highlighted

so why am i talking about this ?
i mean everybody and their grandpas know about Contra, Super C (Super Contra) etc but this one...not so much...
well there is a solid reason behind that and that is, This game is really really full of lagging, whenever you're fighting enemies, even a single one, it goes slow...back in my childhood i used to think it must be a "slow mo gunfight" game and never bothered about it - rather it was one of my favourite video game back then...but why a laggy game is fav ?
reasons
- kick ass soundtrack from starting to ending, every stage has its own background track and boy it has classic 80s style in it, just refer this gameplay footage...
- overall feel and environment of the game was quite "action movie" like,
i mean,
in which other retro game you had a chance to blow apart F/A-18 Hornets on flatdeck ships lol...
1651505310225.png

or going down in submarine to confront da boss...
1651505402284.png

...speaking of da boss of that stage, just look at this crazy motherfucker...
1651505433934.png

...he's even gotten his own picture art on internet, and drawn rightly so,
1651505559360.png

...just play it and try to beat this crazy bastard down, you'll see...
oh and as if this wasn't enough, next boss is...
1651505659111.png

a friggin VTOL jet!
and next stage happens 'on air', you go around fighting bad guys on wingtops of flying jets...
and in which old school game you could fight on a A-10 Thunderbolt-II ?
1651505760320.png

>Ay Johnny, but what about super lag ?
in original video game, there is nothing you could do, but fortunately on emulators, it's fixable
just use emulators like MESEN that has overclocking feature on it, turn it on for this one and set these settings, and it'll play as fast as other older Contra games...
1651506044184.png

ROM file => https://files.catbox.moe/jropl5.7z

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

sgVVT87CJQ05do-6Ux_C5XDG-sEEph_b5R3Qb0NQrfQ.jpg

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Replaced my old tablet with new Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+

It's a freaking beast. it costs more than I would have liked but I see myself using Tablet a lot more than my smartphone & I mean that.

Now a days, unless I am outside home & cannot carry my tablet, that's the only time I need my smartphone. Otherwise, it's a overpriced devise for calls and whatsapp.

Planning to add a 1tb sd card on this beast which already comes with 256gb space.
Going to try using this for work and see how it performs.

SKC

Country flag
Replaced my old tablet with new Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+

It's a freaking beast. it costs more than I would have liked but I see myself using Tablet a lot more than my smartphone & I mean that.

Now a days, unless I am outside home & cannot carry my tablet, that's the only time I need my smartphone. Otherwise, it's a overpriced devise for calls and whatsapp.

Planning to add a 1tb sd card on this beast which already comes with 256gb space.
Going to try using this for work and see how it performs.
Why Tablet?
Why Android Tablet?
Why not iPad?

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
One iPad will run life of several Android tablets. Will recover cost.
People are still using their iPad 3 and 4 quite well.
Samsung is pretty good.
My last one is over 7 years old and is still pretty good, only specs have become old.

Agreed on ipad being better, not the actual specs but the whole experience and service from Apple is miles ahead. If one can afford it, ipad is definitely worth it.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
One iPad will run life of several Android tablets. Will recover cost.
People are still using their iPad 3 and 4 quite well.
Ex iPad user here

Problem with iPad is, its software will slow down after each update, until the thing becomes almost useless. Also in Apple world your iOS device has to be on latest software otherwise many apps simply won't work. So its not that useful after a very long period of time.

SKC

Country flag
Ex iPad user here

Problem with iPad is, its software will slow down after each update, until the thing becomes almost useless. Also in Apple world your iOS device has to be on latest software otherwise many apps simply won't work. So its not that useful after a very long period of time.
That's something from Android world.
Infact the last few iOS update actually made the older iPhones and iPads much lighter and manageable in daily usage.
Most apps work quite good on the last Apple approved iOS update for that device generation.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
WTF!? @Haldilal billa did you make this?

UwUntu

The best WeabooOS :rofl:

Someone seriously needs to make a better version of this. This idea has so much potential.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
WTF!? @Haldilal billa did you make this?

UwUntu

The best WeabooOS :rofl:

Someone seriously needs to make a better version of this. This idea has so much potential.
Ya'll Nibbiars ask @AIETO Nibba only this nibba is a anime fan and has enough money to hire two college students to make this OS.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Back when assassin's creed game was actually based on assasins
My two cents played origins recently and playing odysse rn both are amazing games I perhaps odysse and Valhalla should have not been under AC title since assassins have very little role in it but origins is by far the best AC game ever

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles