Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovalpiston

Country flag
Please back up the data so you can someday restore the forum. BRF closed all non-defense related sub-forms due to lawfare against it. It is only the last couple of years that few fresh political threads have been allowed to reopen, but the open sub-forum is permanently shutdown.

I am trying to recall another forum which was setup by a BRF member after half of BRF shutdown due to legal reasons. The new forum was hosted and operated out of US or Canada, so outside of India's jurisdiction. If i can only remember the name of that forum and if it is still up then maybe we can seek temporary refuge there. Else 95% of social media is owned and populated by left liberals.

Jor_Se_Bolo_PKMKB

Country flag
Wtf ??

DFI closing. It certainly is not a funding issue. No one would close such an active forum without first trying to fund raise from members.

I'm guessing the government is finally in the mood / or is anticipating some action on either of our borders and DFI is one place where people collate and share info freely which might be causing inadvertent leaks to the enemy, like someone innocuously posting and revealing aircraft movements over their city or the like.

Closure of this forum makes sense in that case and I'm sure Yusuf and other owners would agree easily in support of such cause as would most of us

pankaj nema

Country flag
We need a New thread for Options Available to us

Reading this whole thread is very confusing

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Bet there's a legal notice. They said technical and operational, not financial.

Might have to be hosted by a member staying in a foreign country.
Wtf ??

DFI closing. It certainly is not a funding issue. No one would close such an active forum without first trying to fund raise from members.

I'm guessing the government is finally in the mood / or is anticipating some action on either of our borders and DFI is one place where people collate and share info freely which might be causing inadvertent leaks to the enemy, like someone innocuously posting and revealing aircraft movements over their city or the like.

Closure of this forum makes sense in that case and I'm sure Yusuf and other owners would agree easily in support of such cause as would most of us
DFI is registered and hosted in USA. GoI can't do anything. It has to be something like hackers doxxed the owners or they got legal notice in US only.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Yeah this is not funding issue. Pretty sure that whosoever is giving funds to host this earns more than expenditure through ad-revenue.
Could be due to legal issues or some personal reasons.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
:troll: time to hop on higher frequenceis and start a DFI telepathy wavelength, sab apna apna dimag tune kar ke mann se goshthi karenge, dekhte hai kaun aa kar IT laws dikhata hai

1719069199020.png

pic, future DFIans conversing

who's got highest chakra siddhis in DFI?

Jor_Se_Bolo_PKMKB

Country flag
I have some tech experience and can start building a no code based forum like this but for someone like me it will take a minimum of 4-6 months to get it running.

I'm sure there are more experienced guys who can accomplish the same in 4-6 weeks or even less.

Money should not be an issue as we can all pay like 500-1000 a year which should be sufficient to sustain this kind of forum.

It should be a non profit forum with existing mods acting as comptrollers of finance.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I have some tech experience and can start building a no code based forum like this but for someone like me it will take a minimum of 4-6 months to get it running.

I'm sure there are more experienced guys who can accomplish the same in 4-6 weeks or even less.

Money should not be an issue as we can all pay like 500-1000 a year which should be sufficient to sustain this kind of forum.

It should be a non profit forum with existing mods acting as comptrollers of finance.
Ya'll Nibbiars with the XenForo it's quick only need money.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Creating the forum isn't an issue we will do it eventually but in the process this websites data will be lost. There are two Many important threads that need to be saved like SF, War Threads, Archaeolgy, Space, DRDO.
Ya'll Nibbiars need to back up this data somehow, anyone here with that experience?.

Kaali244

Have to turn down on the whole gora bashing, gormint bashing, hindutwa thing in the next forum.
probably some librandu bureaucrat's work or most probably some chandigrah lobbyist has some resources to ban this small but yet powerful community

another_armchair

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars with the XenForo it's quick only need money.
Going by the traffic DFI generates, one can start with the business plan.

1719071345916.png

Rounding it off to USD 3k, that's about Rs. 2,52,000. Lets round it off to 3 lakhs. If 300 members contribute 1k each or 600 members contribute 500 each, we should be good for a year.

Will know the actual pricing if the owners decide to share those stats here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles