Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extraordinary

Country flag
Going by the traffic DFI generates, one can start with the business plan.

View attachment 258943

Rounding it off to USD 3k, that's about Rs. 2,52,000. Lets round it off to 3 lakhs. If 300 members contribute 1k each or 600 members contribute 500 each, we should be good for a year.

Will know the actual pricing if the owners decide to share those stats here.
Does xen foro deal with the storage part or do we have to use some AWS type service for it?

So far two thing needed.
1 Host
2 XenForo

What's next?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Does xen foro deal with the storage part or do we have to use some AWS type service for it?

So far two thing needed.
1 Host
2 XenForo

What's next?
Ya'll Nibbiars HTTP, security clearness per year this are minor, domain cost. External plugs.

hurrians

Country flag
Thank you
🙏
DFI is not a venture. It is purely passion. If we wanted to make money, we would have opened up to crowd sourcing and asked for donations - with monthly targets
😊

Admin on twitter

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars it's over.

Extraordinary

Country flag
There are 3 million post on this website let's chalk it up to 20 kb for each posts than its not more than.
We will have 60 GBs worth of Text data.
But the space takes are the image files those probably take up several Terabytes.
5 to 7 terabytes of Image easy.

alex86neo

Country flag
I rarely post here. But this was the great knowledge source for me. Thank you all for sharing. I hope a new platform will come up with similar mechanism.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Have to turn down on the whole gora bashing, gormint bashing, hindutwa thing in the next forum.
Gormint bashing can be turned down, but if gora bashing has to be turned down, and we're quite moderate in that, then the situation is quite dire. They have entire platforms like Twitter and Instagram where there's no limit to India bashing, but if we can't even have a small forum like this, then something must be done.

If anyones forming a group planning on starting a new forum, please add me to the discussion on how to move forward. We can't keep ceding ground like this.

Extraordinary

Country flag
Gormint bashing can be turned down, but if gora bashing has to be turned down, and we're quite moderate in that, then the situation is quite dire. They have entire platforms like Twitter and Instagram where there's no limit to India bashing, but if we can't even have a small forum like this, then something must be done.

If anyones forming a group planning on starting a new forum, please add me to the discussion on how to move forward. We can't keep ceding ground like this.
Do you have twittee? Or join the discord server
We will have new forum up once this shuts down but you have to stay in touch till than

Haldilal

Country flag

Concard

Country flag
If it is closing then all the data here will be lost. Don't see how it will be recovered and transferred to different forum.

another_armchair

Country flag

So far two thing needed.
1 Host
2 XenForo

What's next?
The cost details I shared are for the fully managed plans.

Xenforo takes care of everything as long as your usage falls within your chosen plan else you will have to upgrade.

Other option is to buy the software and manage it ourselves. Doable but need a team(tech) to manage the resources or at least monitor it. Can't depend on one person in case he/she goes AWOL or incapacitated due to some reason.

fooLIam

Hope owners and administrator will let us know real cause behind closure and in the mean time we need to save data on many of threads here like Aryan ,archeology etc threads amd all those propaganda busting thread .
Also contributing 1000 rs is way less to save this forum.we can definitely contribute.

Azaad

Country flag
What's the actual issue with regard to closure of dfi ?

Money ?
Or something else ?
Looks like something else. Either a legal problem as in a notice or someone may have alerted the owners of something cooking. Since the owners aren't running the show , it makes sense to shut it down rather than risk problems.

The only issue to be examined is if ownership can be transferred. I believe it can . Was on IDF once upon a time when a breakaway group of prominent Indian members like title holders - TTA , Elite & Senior members of PDF were running the show there - Nair , Ashwin , Hellfire , Levina & Ashish along with others .

They made an offer to buy out from the owner who turned them down . They decamped immediately & set up Strategic Front overnight.

If Singh or whoever is the owner is amenable to transferring the ownership it can be done. Lock stock & barrel. The only issue is IF..

Haldilal

Country flag
If it is closing then all the data here will be lost. Don't see how it will be recovered and transferred to different forum.
Ya'll Nibbiars can't be without the Owners premission.

Extraordinary

Country flag
The cost details I shared are for the fully managed plans.

Xenforo takes care of everything as long as your usage falls within your chosen plan else you will have to upgrade.

Other option is to buy the software and manage it ourselves. Doable but need a team(tech) to manage the resources or at least monitor it. Can't depend on one person in case he/she goes AWOL or incapacitated due to some reason.
Should I create a new thread where we discuss how to get the new forum up and running?
This is not proper thread.
My wallet and whatever assistance I can give I Will give.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Looks like something else. Either a legal problem as in a notice or someone may have alerted the owners of something cooking. Since the owners aren't running the show , it makes sense to shut it down rather than risk problems.

The only issue to be examined is if ownership can be transferred. I believe it can . Was on IDF once upon a time when a breakaway group of prominent Indian members like title holders - TTA , Elite & Senior members of PDF were running the show there - Nair , Ashwin , Hellfire , Levina & Ashish.

They made an offer to buy out from the owner who turned them down . They decamped immediately & set up Strategic Front overnight.

If Singh or whoever is the owner is amenable to transferring the ownership it can be done. Lock stock & barrel. The only issue is IF..
Contact @Yusuf

I know you, was there too, where parikrama was active

If you or anyone ready to take full ownership then I don't see any issue , the current owners will be completely absolved of any responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles