Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
Not sure if money is the problem.

More to do with owners getting uncomfortable with the carefree nature of posts here, sometimes treading into uncharted waters and beyond.

Mods/Owners of the forum, could you please share the size of the forum database and if the same could be migrated with your permission?

https://www.semrush.com/website/defenceforumindia.com/overview/

Traffic is manageable. Don't know a great deal about the forum expenditure but it should be north of USD 2.5-4k a month, maybe less, depending on how frugal one wants to be.

DFI is a gold mine of data accepting pov's of all kinds. Losing the last refuge for scoundrels like me is hardly an option.

Guys, can we move it to an Indian vendor and look for an affordable solution. Text only and external image links to begin with followed by other bells & whistles?

shashankk

Country flag
It would be good if @Yusuf can disclose the running costs for the website. If you are closing it anyway, it wouldn't hurt.
I can bet that cost is not the reason. It might be something else that has led to this decision. Not sure of there are legal or copyright issues thats prompting it.

Extraordinary

Country flag
Not sure if money is the problem.

More to do with owners getting uncomfortable with the carefree nature of posts here, sometimes treading into uncharted waters and beyond.

Mods/Owners of the forum, could you please share the size of the forum database and if the same could be migrated with your permission?

https://www.semrush.com/website/defenceforumindia.com/overview/

Traffic is manageable. Don't know a great deal about the forum expenditure but it should be north of USD 2.5-4k a month, maybe less, depending on how frugal one wants to be.

DFI is a gold mine of data accepting pov's of all kinds. Losing the last refuge for scoundrels like me is hardly an option.

Guys, can we move it to an Indian vendor and look for an affordable solution. Text only and external image links to begin with followed by other bells & whistles?
Saar can you please rope in @Kumata
We have our differences but we need to act like joos and cooperate for the sake of our covenant.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars posting the links again.

karn

Country flag
Damn ,.. Looks like there is no indication that this forum is up for sale . Looks like the site owner got a legal notice
In the age of fake news, deepfakes and stringent laws and compliances, despite our best efforts, we will be unable to sustain the necessary technical and operational requirements.
Money or organisation is the least of our problems here.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Some of us here need to talk to Yusuf da one on one to know the actual reason behind the closure. If it's about money, we can all pool our resources, donate and save this forum.

This forum has become a virtual home for me. Whenever I am down or feeling low for some reason, I come here, browse through the various posts and also post.

There are some hardcore tech discussions here in the form of posts and also many revelations like the posts of Porky Kicker.

We can't let this forum disappear into oblivion. Each of us has to make a stand and save DFI.

Senior dhoti shivering folks populate Bharat Rakshak. You can't discuss the type of stuff we do here there. It's more of a civilized forum for older descent folks.

SF has its own culture and we won't be able to assimilate there. The only option left is to start a new forum OR save this one no matter what's the cost.

another_armchair

Country flag
Damn ,.. Looks like there is no indication that this forum is up for sale . Looks like the site owner got a legal notice

Money or organisation is the least of our problems here.
Would really like to know the details if they ran foul with some 'power'.

The legal challenges are what stopped many in India from wading into an alt-twitter like space in the absence of GoI support.

Jimih

Country flag
I can bet that cost is not the reason. It might be something else that has led to this decision. Not sure of there are legal or copyright issues thats prompting it.
This forum is been hosted on American webserver software Cloudflare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles