Country flag

SKC

Country flag
S

Servers cost money to run?
How much does Xenforo cost
A lot of us don't understand how things run:

1. Domain - defenceforumindia.com, pdf, x.com

2. Webhosting - AWS, GCloud, Azure, etc....

3. A content management system or CMS - Joomla, droople, wordpress, PHPMyBB, XenForo, vBulletin, etc..

None of this is one time cost. Domain needs to be renewed yearly (you can buy for multiple years in one go)
CMS will expire in some time and renewed again.

Most costly is Web Hosting which is nowadays on cloud and has tier-based fees and tier moves up and down based on traffic on site and the mood of the company providing the hosting.

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
Arre Behenchodon , yahan aafat aayi nahin ki sab ke gand phat gaye & alvida kehne lage . Zindagi mein bhi aise hi ho kya ? If there is a problem find a solution goddamn it. I think I can now see why so many members are pessimists out here All we have here are boys - some 15 , some 50 & the rest in between . Not many men around here .
While I do not entirely disagree, we don't yet know the specifics of the situation, and I'd say the blame for this lies squarely on the admins. They just dropped the news and left without giving any clarifications!! Of course, people will despair and wallow.

Azaad

Country flag
A lot of us don't understand how things run:

1. Domain

2. Webhosting

3. A content management system or CMS

None of this is one time cost. Domain needs to be renewed yearly (you can buy for multiple years in one go)
CMS will expire in some time and renewed again.

Most costly is Web Hosting which is nowadays on cloud and has tier-based fees and tier moves up and down based on traffic on site and the mood of the company providing the hosting.
I can get hosting on MS Cloud through one of my contacts. But I'd need a figure on the data bytes required for storage capacity.

SKC

Country flag
What's the hosting & managing costs for a site like this on a per annum basis ? What's the payment schedule like ? Monthly quarterly or annual ?
I request the mods:

@Indx TechStyle @ALBY @ezsasa @Yusuf

To put a transparent breakdown of the monthly cost required to keep this running.

We can get an idea and we can plan future actions accordingly.

Kaali244

Country flag
It doesn't makes sense, the websites gather a traffic of almost 700k per month, google ads revenue must be enough to support server cost.

Hell no way this is a funding issue but security issue.
wonder why it got 522 error yesterday and closure news today , something is fishy. looks like an security issue only.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If it's true that nothing can be done to save the forum from closing then all I can say is that I am gonna miss each and everyone of you guys here. If it's possible to stay in touch through another form of social media then I am posting the link to my twitter account. Let's follow each other and be in touch.

But we need to try our best to save this forum. This forum has so much "gold" that I can't just stand here and let it shut down before my eyes. I joined this forum in November of 2021 when I was just 15, was teased frequently by the name "Neilesh Devandra Desooja". Now I am 18, came as a kid and leaving as an adult. I made more friends on DFI than I ever did in the real life. I learnt so much more on DFI than I ever did on school.

Let's try our best. I am gonna pray that the forum remains. I was literally planning on getting married, having kids and having their own accounts here, meaning Baby Super Flankers, sabkuch gaya paani mai. I can't fathom how much I learnt here, the amount of knowledge that I got about defence here made me win every school quiz/discussion in XI and XII on the topic of fighter aircraft, defence, politics etc.

My twitter account link. Lets follow each other. My account is public for some time, will private it in 2 more days.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
I request the mods:

@Indx TechStyle @ALBY @ezsasa @Yusuf

To put a transparent breakdown of the monthly cost required to keep this running.

We can get an idea and we can plan future actions accordingly.
@ezsasa just went on break two days ago. He will not be able to login when comes back. Somebody contact ago.

We mods anyway aren't aware about commercial aspects. We are just volunteer members with extra rights to control content.

• Sad
Reactions: SKC

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I still everyday visit this forum, I can't imagine it being closed. I became member in Oct 2009 afaik. I also wish and intend to keep it running and will contribute.

Friends here helped me a lot during stressful time of my life.

Something might surely be done. Don't lose hope guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles