Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadian

The suffering of Soviets is something which I feel real compassion towards them. Maybe that is also the root cause why they act so idiotically nowadays, seeing threats where there are non and letting kleptocracy run wild in the country. Loosing 80% of a generation is unimanigible. Even if Finns lost the war, in the end we won. Soviets lost even in victory.
Arguing that way, do you know who will be the biggest winner of WWII? It's France. Change sides for two times, become a winner in the war, get a place in UN securuty council - with almost no losses or destructions.

BTW, I can agree with you that many of our power people are corrupt. But at the same time you say that Ukraine, where corruption was twice as high and further tripled after Maidan, is on it's path to civilization and European values bla-bla-bla, that makes my mind blow up. Furthermore, this "kleptocracy" appeared after shocking ultra-liberal reforms of the 90-th, made with the help of American advisers and according to IMF recommendations, when Russia was 100% loyal to West. Such kind of well-wishing disgusts me a lot.

Khagesh

Arguing that way, do you know who will be the biggest winner of WWII? It's France. Change sides for two times, become a winner in the war, get a place in UN securuty council - with almost no losses or destructions.
Ouch!
:pound:

Let Ouch! find place in the french dictionary for 'damn it but true'.

jouni

BTW, I can agree with you that many of our power people are corrupt. But at the same time you say that Ukraine, where corruption was twice as high and further tripled after Maidan, is on it's path to civilization and European values bla-bla-bla, that makes my mind blow up. Furthermore, this "kleptocracy" appeared after shocking ultra-liberal reforms of the 90-th, made with the help of American advisers and according to IMF recommendations, when Russia was 100% loyal to West. Such kind of well-wishing disgusts me a lot.
I agree about France...they are Suave...@gabriel92. Cadian, do you know what is the biggest difference between you and us? How many times have west, sweden and Russia betrayed us? Too many to count, but we do not blame them. We always find a way to manage, and manage without bitterness of seeking revenge.

I guess we can do that because we have had rule of law for at least 200 years, you can build on that even in the biggest of crisis.

Corruption and kleptocracy is killing your society. When that is the norm, you cannot build. There are always those who prosper and those who suffer. NATO stories are just a tool to keep status quo for the ruling class.

Now Ukraine with help of the west is trying to build that rule of law society. It is a monumental task, I agree. The outcome is also uncertain.

pmaitra

I agree about France...they are Suave...@gabriel92. Cadian, do you know what is the biggest difference between you and us? How many times have west, sweden and Russia betrayed us? Too many to count, but we do not blame them. We always find a way to manage, and manage without bitterness of seeking revenge.

I guess we can do that because we have had rule of law for at least 200 years, you can build on that even in the biggest of crisis.

Corruption and kleptocracy is killing your society. When that is the norm, you cannot build. There are always those who prosper and those who suffer. NATO stories are just a tool to keep status quo for the ruling class.
Simply passing a law whitewashing theft, fraud, and bribery does not turn these corrupt acts into noble acts. The European Union is very good at seeing and showing a silver lining at everything.

The Germans have learnt that just by making bribery tax free will not make bribery a virtue. No wonder HDW got kicked out of an Indian order.

We are familiar with these so called European Values. Old debauchery, new attractive packaging. Not impressive.

Don't give up trying though.

jouni

Simply passing a law whitewashing theft, fraud, and bribery does not turn these corrupt acts into noble acts. The European Union is very good at seeing and showing a silver lining at everything.

The Germans have learnt that just by making bribery tax free will not make bribery a virtue. No wonder HDW got kicked out of an Indian order.

We are familiar with these so called European Values. Old debauchery, new attractive packaging. Not impressive.

Don't give up trying though.
There is corruption also in the west, the difference is that it isnt running the country like in India and Russia. Also the fight against corruption is fierce.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/patria_executives_found_guilty_of_bribing_croatian_officials/7809283

jouni

Arpakola and cadian. It gives me comfort that in these hard times you can find comfort in each other. Poor and innocent Russia and Greece were just walking in a meadow collecting flowers, when suddenly big bad west came and forcefully took them to economic crisis... Big bad west. LOL!

marrakesh

...........................Corruption and kleptocracy is killing your society. When that is the norm, you cannot build. There are always those who prosper and those who suffer. ...............................
Your understanding of corruption in Russia is greatly exaggerated.
The reality is different.
Now, there is a lot of activity to eliminate the corruption from the key species of the state.
Frequently, those examples, that the Western press as a result of corruption, are exampled combating it.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Lol, :pound:
Only one thing for Finland - neutrality, not NATO.
And your border will be impregnable.
@jouni To join NATO and the Finnish border will be inaccessible. The Benelux countries did not help npeytralitet, Ukraine has not helped its non-aligned status. If the country wants agresor attack, she will find a million other reasons.

pmaitra

There is corruption also in the west, the difference is that it isnt running the country like in India and Russia. Also the fight against corruption is fierce.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/patria_executives_found_guilty_of_bribing_croatian_officials/7809283
Who told you corruption is running India? If corruption were running India, then India would be like Ukraine, or like Poland, housing secret and illegal prisons for the US because the US cannot have it in the US as it would violate the US Constitution. If corruption were running India, then India would have allowed VISA free access to foreign soldiers on Indian soil, like Baltika, and we'd have foreign troops marching on Indian streets on India's Independence Day. If corruption were running India, then India troops would be sent around the world at the orders of some other country to fight wars it does not need to fight.

We have corruption, but it is not legalized through an act of law like in countries of the European Union. Unlike EU, we don't have a Holocaust Denial Law while our politicians keep blathering about Freedom of Speech.

India is doing a good job in the right direction fighting corruption. For one, the foreign funded NGOs are getting the boot. Russia is also doing a good job of keeping these NGOs in checks. Coming to PRC, they don't have any NGO worth mentioning at all.

jouni

@jouni To join NATO and the Finnish border will be inaccessible. The Benelux countries did not help npeytralitet, Ukraine has not helped its non-aligned status. If the country wants agresor attack, she will find a million other reasons.
NATO support is still only 30% in Finland. We all know that NATO was not the reason why Putin attacked Ukraine. The reason was that Ukraine people wanted no part in Putins corrupt klepto-union. You did the brave move by trying to develop modern society the European way. It is a long and difficult path, I hope you manage.

Agreements are just agreements, we have strong enough military to hold Russias biggest ambitions here. Also, I think that we have some secret one on one deal with the US otherwise they would not have sold us their latest JASSM etc. I think the deal includes satellite data and maybe deal to help if Estonia is attacked.

jouni

Who told you corruption is running India? If corruption were running India, then India would be like Ukraine, or like Poland, housing secret and illegal prisons for the US because the US cannot have it in the US as it would violate the US Constitution. If corruption were running India, then India would have allowed VISA free access to foreign soldiers on Indian soil, like Baltika, and we'd have foreign troops marching on Indian streets on India's Independence Day. If corruption were running India, then India troops would be sent around the world at the orders of some other country to fight wars it does not need to fight.

We have corruption, but it is not legalized through an act of law like in countries of the European Union. Unlike EU, we don't have a Holocaust Denial Law while our politicians keep blathering about Freedom of Speech.

India is doing a good job in the right direction fighting corruption. For one, the foreign funded NGOs are getting the boot. Russia is also doing a good job of keeping these NGOs in checks. Coming to PRC, they don't have any NGO worth mentioning at all.
Baltic countries deserve to be in the NATO, remember they were steamrolled by both Germans and Soviets and then their society destroyed and a lot of people killed or sent to Gulags. Their fear of Russia is real and it is great that they were taken to NATO ten years ago.

jouni

Regarding nineties. After stop of bilateral trade between Finland and Soviet Union we fell to huge crisis. At the same time European banks offered cheap interest rate loans to Finnish companies and private individuals. 1992 our "markka" was devaluated by 30-40%. Tens of thousands Finns lost everything, unemployment rose to 25% and our industry which was geared towards Soviet markets was not competitive in the west. We were few weeks away from taking to IMF control.

Our government cut spending and decided to invest in education and r&d, also decision to join EU was made in order to become competitive in global markets. Rest is history, we rose quickly to back on track. Our Government made the right decisions.

So our start of nineties was quite similar to yours....the end was not. You chose to blame west and start militarizing, turned to autocratic society and suppressed the press. I feel sorry for you, but looks like you have only yourselves to blame.

You had ten years of high oil prices which you could have invested in modernizing and r&d.... But of course that is not your way ;)

Burning bridges and waging war is more your thing...who cares about poverty in Russia, they are just subjects after all. You really are funny people.

Funny how we never realized that 90's recession was western plot against Finland, to keep Finland down ;)

Last edited:

pmaitra

You had ten years of high oil prices which you could have invested in modernizing and r&d.... But of course that is not your way ;)
Russia did invest in R&D. How else do you think they came up with modern military hardware?

Also, the government did not purely focus on military, as you allege.

The Stabilization fund of the Russian Federation (Russian: Стабилизационный фонд Российской Федерации) was established based on a resolution of the Government of Russia on 1 January 2004, as a part of the federal budget to balance the federal budget at the time of when oil price falls below a cut-off price, currently set at US$27 per barrel. In February 2008 the Stabilization Fund[1] was split into a Reserve Fund, which is invested abroad in low-yield securities and used when oil and gas incomes fall, and the National Welfare Fund,which invests in riskier, higher return vehicles, as well as federal budget expenditures.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabilization_Fund_of_the_Russian_Federation

jouni

Russia did invest in R&D. How else do you think they came up with modern military hardware?

Also, the government did not purely focus on military, as you allege.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabilization_Fund_of_the_Russian_Federation
Last year Russia filed 79 patents, Finland 630. Because of problems of the country IP is not safe in Russia. If you want to invent, you cannot do it in Russia.

http://www.epo.org/about-us/annual-reports-statistics/statistics/granted-patents.html

Gabriel92

Country flag
Ouch!
:pound:

Let Ouch! find place in the french dictionary for 'damn it but true'.
After all,we are just cheese eating surrendering monkeys,changing sides,surrendering is in our culture.
When i was in Mali,we surrendered to a man with a cow.
But afterall,who could have stopped the Blitzkrieg ? No one.

jouni

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
After all,we are just cheese eating surrendering monkeys,changing sides,surrendering is in our culture.
When i was in Mali,we surrendered to a man with a cow.
But afterall,who could have stopped the Blitzkrieg ? No one.

30 motherfracking characters :doh:

pmaitra

Last year Russia filed 79 patents, Finland 630. Because of problems of the country IP is not safe in Russia. If you want to invent, you cannot do it in Russia.

http://www.epo.org/about-us/annual-reports-statistics/statistics/granted-patents.html
Patents are issued a dime a dozen in some countries.

In some countries, a patent has a lot of value.

An invention should be unique, pioneering, and non-obvious, among other things, to qualify for a patent. Tweaking existing IPs and filing for a new patent, is not only a sign of issuing patents for the purpose of scoring numbers, it also shows moral decadence. I don't know about Finland, but if Finland has 630 patents filed in one year, I am willing to assume, 90% of those patents are spurious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles