Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Awesome article!, I have to say "my thoughts EXACTLY!!" its not just restricted to Russia and China, the next contender is India!, so we better be careful. Also I need to add, THIS is the reason why America advocates democracy. With democracy, you don't need to have a bloody coupe to take over the country, funding the opposite party is enough!. Which raises the obvious question, HOW did our current govt get Millions of Rupees, to fight the election?, which are still unaccounted for. Why was Modi hailed in the US, as a rock star?, and why did Obama get such a warm reception in India? why has our defense procurement suddenly tilted to the west? Its a classic you scratch my back, and I will scratch yours!.Lies repeated often enough, amount to truths... in today's world! My personal belief is that all was going well until the Cong. was unable to implement ( not just pass) US and wall-mart etc. policies. And I do understand all the Modi wave fanatics are gonna attack me on this, but seriously PLEASE give it a thought .

Russia was communist so it was criticized, now that it is a democracy its still attacked! so people need to make it VERY clear in their minds that this has Nothing to do with Democracy
I think many of the defense deals were already tilting towards the US during the prior regime.

It is indeed true that since Modi is in power, it could go two ways. Either he will really serve India's interests, or he will be a complete sellout, considering there is no opposition. This is another reason why I love the way the Rajya Sabha blocked one of Modi's bills. One Modi-fan fought with me for days, but I never gave up.

I think Ukraine is a good example to all Indians, as to why we need to be very suspicious of the west. Our suspicion levels should be the same as that we have for PRC.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Porkoshenko relieved oligarch neo-Nazi jew Kolomoysky from his governosrship post of Dniporpetrovsk

http://rt.com/news/243785-poroshenko-fires-kolomoysky-ukraine/

According to the presidential website, Kolomoysky decided to hand in his resignation, which the president accepted.

"We need to ensure peace, stability and tranquility. Dnepropetrovsk region should remain a bastion of Ukraine in the east," Poroshenko said while commenting on his decision. Meanwhile, Valentin Reznichenko was named acting governor of the eastern region.

The seemingly peaceful resolution came in stark contrast with statements voiced earlier by Kolomoysky's deputy, Gennady Korban, who on Tuesday said that "Kiev is occupied by thieves, and these thieves must go and free the way for honest people" and accused Poroshenko's government of "lying" about decentralization of power in the country and success in the so-called anti-terror operation in the east.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Awesome article!, I have to say "my thoughts EXACTLY!!" its not just restricted to Russia and China, the next contender is India!, so we better be careful. Also I need to add, THIS is the reason why America advocates democracy. With democracy, you don't need to have a bloody coupe to take over the country, funding the opposite party is enough!. Which raises the obvious question, HOW did our current govt get Millions of Rupees, to fight the election?, which are still unaccounted for. Why was Modi hailed in the US, as a rock star?, and why did Obama get such a warm reception in India? why has our defense procurement suddenly tilted to the west? Its a classic you scratch my back, and I will scratch yours!.Lies repeated often enough, amount to truths... in today's world! My personal belief is that all was going well until the Cong. was unable to implement ( not just pass) US and wall-mart etc. policies. And I do understand all the Modi wave fanatics are gonna attack me on this, but seriously PLEASE give it a thought .

Russia was communist so it was criticized, now that it is a democracy its still attacked! so people need to make it VERY clear in their minds that this has Nothing to do with Democracy
Don't know much about Modi yet, but what you say makes sense.
And the emboldened and underlined part is like you took the words right out of my brain.
Democracy allows nations to be penetrated in an easier fashion.
PS: It's a "coup," coupe is a kind of car.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

:facepalm:Where did AAP get its money from? Aliens from outerspace?

US, specially a left wing govt in US, has a lot to lose from having a Right Wing party in power in India- look at the NGO bans, BJP's stand on Multi retail FDI. Look at the religious tolerance jibe at Modi govt.

And most of the defence deals were signed during UPA. And US defence contractors have a lot to lose with this "Make in India" campaign and specially the left wing govt in power in US has a lot to lose if its companies start outsourcing to India

But then again, ciritical thinking and neutral unbiased thinking are not really the strong suit of AAPians like you now is it? :thumb:
I think many of the defense deals were already tilting towards the US during the prior regime.

It is indeed true that since Modi is in power, it could go two ways. Either he will really serve India's interests, or he will be a complete sellout, considering there is no opposition. This is another reason why I love the way the Rajya Sabha blocked one of Modi's bills. One Modi-fan fought with me for days, but I never gave up.

I think Ukraine is a good example to all Indians, as to why we need to be very suspicious of the west. Our suspicion levels should be the same as that we have for PRC.
Non sequitor reasoning at its best - since we need to be cautious of PRC/West, we have to be cautious of the Modi's bills. If you are going to say that RS should be a checkpoint for the LS, then yes, but not because of weak opposition, caution about west, nationalist/sellout Modi or any such thing, but because we need proper checks and balances between lower house(center) and upper house(.ie states)

Last edited:

sgarg

Kolomoysky episode is a diversion and a propaganda piece. It is meant to show Ukrainians the "power" of Poroshenko. The truth is Poroshenko is just a stooge - a man who got rich by illicit means and one who is always drunk.

Ukraine is not controlled by CIA. The Kiev regime is nothing but CIA. Kiev is now deeply bankrupt and cannot go even a couple of days without American money.

sgarg

Too much Modi discussion in Ukraine war thread!

Interesting things happening. UAToday reports Russia has drafted 150000 fresh soldiers. Not sure if this is just normal yearly intake or something unusual.

Kiev is also trying to draft maximum number of soldiers though it is not getting much success though.

The fresh offensives will need fresh soldiers. The muted action from Kiev side seems like manpower issues rather than any love of the so called "Minsk-2".

The number of Kiev losses may be even greater than what I wrote earlier. The killing of opposition politicians in Kiev has created an information vacuum about actual situation. However inferences can be drawn by the conduct of war.

pmaitra

@Mad Indian, again attacking a strawman? Did I accuse Modi of being a sellout? I clearly said it could go both ways. Also, I said there is no opposition. Did you get that? No opposition. I did not say there is a weak opposition. Right now, there is NO opposition. It is a two letter word - NO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Yes the defense procurement was already tilting more towards the west , but thats the oldest trick in the US's book! Fund both sides, one more then the other! that you win either which ways!. I am not saying that the Congress were honest or anything, all I am saying is that they failed to implement US policies, as the US wanted them to, hence an regime change was required.

Last edited:

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Lots of unrest, it seems

http://politrussia.com/news/mitinguy...e-v-kieve-306/

today, 4:41
Protesters in Kiev demanded the resignation of Yatseniuk
The building of the Ukrainian government today gathered about 400 people, who are demanding the resignation of the current Cabinet and its President Yatsenyuk.

The protesters accuse of corruption and Yatseniuk inaction in terms of the previously promised reforms.

In the hands of protesters banners reading "Yatsenyuk - a traitor dignity revolution" and others. Among the protesters prisutvuyut deputies of the party "Freedom".

Earlier, leader of the "Ukrainian choice" Viktor Medvedchuk said that Yatsenyuk has long forgotten his promises to the people. In addition, according to Medvedchuk deyatelnsti Yatsenyuk threw Ukraine 20 years ago.
Gleb Bazov · 11h 11 hours ago

FLASH—Per head of Ukraine SBU, Nalivaichenko, punitive forces will be conducting ATO in Odessa region this week until completely cleared

Here's the railway explosion:
Learned the details of the explosion of railway tracks in the Dnipropetrovsk region

Today at 16:48

This afternoon, in the Dnipropetrovsk region unknown blew up railway tracks between the stations "Demurinu" and "millet".
It is reported by the press service of the Office of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Donetsk railway.
"In the line of duty of the station Krasnoarmejsk received a message from railway workers that on March 25 at 12.45 on the stretch of stations" Demurinu-millet "(331 km), in odd ways under the car of a freight train was an explosion of unknown origin", - noted in the department.
According to preliminary information, the explosion in the ways of moving freight train loaded with coal in the direction of Dnepropetrovsk.
During the explosion damaged railroad tracks. Wheelset one of the cars of the train derailed.
The incident resulted in no casualties. At the scene works investigative team.

https://translate.google.com/transla...ws/281178.html

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
RT says:

Ukrainian oligarch Igor Kolomoysky has allegedly threatened to send volunteer battalions from eastern Ukraine to Kiev to seize a leading energy firm and power plant. The ex-governor's gamble comes after one of the companies was shut for non-payment.

http://rt.com/news/243933-dnepropetr...d-threatening/

Oh my gosh, Poroshenko is going after the Ultra-Nationalists and Bandera-followers, and Kolomoiskiy.
Welll, the "cynical Banderas".. somebody pinch me is this for real

I cant belive that he actually said this, i wonder how the Svoboda and the Right Sector are going to respond to this.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Russian developmental programs in Crimea

450 million rubles are currently being spent on seriously upgrading the postal services in Crimea and 170 new cars for mail distribution have been put into service so far:
«Почте Крыма» передали 175 новых автомобилей (ФОТО) / Сит новости

445 billion rubles are currently being spent on upgrading road infrastructure throughout the peninsula, including a new Kerch-Sevastopol highway, paving many hundreds of kilometers of roads that have been reduced to dirt/gravel due to zero maintenance since the collapse of the USSR and so on:
Строительство трассы Керчь – Севастополь начнется в этом году | Крыминформ

1.1 billion rubles being spent on housing and social programs for (mainly) Crimean Tatars:
На обустройство репатриантов в Крыму направят свыше 1 млрд рублей | Крыминформ

8 billion rubles worth of investments in urban development, infrastructure and agriculture in Olenovka (on the far-western tip of the pensinula):
Инвесторы из Тюмени реализуют в Черноморском районе градостроительный проект на 8 млрд рублей | Крыминформ

60 billion rubles being spent to address issues with freshwater storage and distribution:
Крым сегодня | РИА Новости

150 new school buses on their way from Russia (82 delivered) to aid education in rural areas (and to replace some old Ukrainian ditto that don't meet Russian safety requirements):
Крым получил 82 новых школьных автобуса

pmaitra

While Yatz is engrossed with blaming Russia for everything under the Sun, the angry crowds might get him by the hip.

pmaitra

RT says:

Ukrainian oligarch Igor Kolomoysky has allegedly threatened to send volunteer battalions from eastern Ukraine to Kiev to seize a leading energy firm and power plant. The ex-governor's gamble comes after one of the companies was shut for non-payment.

http://rt.com/news/243933-dnepropetr...d-threatening/

Oh my gosh, Poroshenko is going after the Ultra-Nationalists and Bandera-followers, and Kolomoiskiy.
Welll, the "cynical Banderas".. somebody pinch me is this for real

I cant belive that he actually said this, i wonder how the Svoboda and the Right Sector are going to respond to this.
So the chocolate seller did not know about the Banderovtsy and the Ukro-Nazis that paved the way for his ascendancy to the dictatorship he is occupying now? What was he doing for the last one year? Stuffing his pie-hole with chocolates?

Prometheus

Its only possible if majority of Indian people have the brain reasoning power of an AAPtard.

And people overestimate what US can do to India with its propaganda. It could do jack shit against Modi in 2014, it can do jack shit in the future elections. India is too big and too diverse to be controlled as puppets. Also, you are underestimating the power of the Indian intelligence agencies and the power the Indian govt wields
1)Dude with 9/11 we have seen that govts don't hesitate to kill their own people if it amounts to profits in terms of money!.

2)If an educated American public can be fooled, trust me Indians are no match!. The average Indian is a farmer ( and I am not saying they are stupid, but they have less exposure to the world and tactics ) who gets conned by a landlord. To see thorough a complicated international bankers plot, is NOT his strong point!.

3)the day you realize that people with money and power think of the general public as nothing more then cattle, you will stop calling yourself as MAD.

4) You must be living in a different India other than the one I am living in. I know that Indian planning is defective to begin with!. We cant even make a road to perfection, even small countries like Maldives and Seychelles (who live off Indian aid) are better organized then us!.

5) have you even visited any foreign country ? Have you seen people drive or Que? . Driving in India itself shows how thoughtless we can get, we just make a Jam! don't allow ambulances to pass etc. Even developed nations like Germany & UK fall in line with the US.

6)People in power DON'T have a religion or a nationality, they are smart enough to understand that these are fake boundaries created by other smart people, meant to control the masses (like yourself)

I would LIKE to see India as well organized like western countries, but its not gonna happen if moditards likeYOU (just the way Pakistanis rant) , continue to rant nonsense! . We are not the Best, in fact far from it! and we should always strive to be the best

Last edited:

sgarg

RT says:

I cant belive that he actually said this, i wonder how the Svoboda and the Right Sector are going to respond to this.[/COLOR][/B]
It is called diversionary tactics. This made up fight is for the consumption of Europeans and locals. It is to show that Poroshenko calls the shots where in reality he is just a stooge.

Did Kolomoysky commit "suicide"?? Is right-sector banned? There is huge difference in reality and talk when it is Kiev. Lying has been polished to perfection in modern Kiev.

I would not believe anything coming from Kiev except the actual events. Talk is cheap, who cares about that?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@Mad Indian, again attacking a strawman? Did I accuse Modi of being a sellout? I clearly said it could go both ways. Also, I said there is no opposition. Did you get that? No opposition. I did not say there is a weak opposition. Right now, there is NO opposition. It is a two letter word - NO.
"No opposition/weak opposition ----> Hence need for RS blocking bills/acting as a check for LS " is still a non sequitor logic.

I dint say anything about Modi being a traitor or not - Strawman argument

jouni

US has done a huge favor for EU, not just providing military help, but nowadays weakened Euro; it is almost the same level than dollar, giving EU export industry a boost. New BMW has never been this cheap for Americans ( hopefully for Indians also, I havent checked rupee lately...)

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Okey guys, don';t derail the thread. Its already too big.

sgarg

US has done a huge favor for EU, not just providing military help, but nowadays weakened Euro; it is almost the same level than dollar, giving EU export industry a boost. New BMW has never been this cheap for Americans ( hopefully for Indians also, I havent checked rupee lately...)
US always wanted a weak dollar. American banks are always buying Euros.

Not sure what you mean by US doing a "favor". Euro is weakening in response to currency printing.

The bigger "news" is that Ruble is going up steadily day by day, while UAH is weakening day by day.

The attack on ruble has fizzled out.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
4) You must be living in a different India other than the one I am living in. I know that Indian planning is defective to begin with!. We cant even make a road to perfection, even small countries like Maldives and Seychelles (who live off Indian aid) are better organized then us!.

5) have you even visited any foreign country ? Have you seen people drive or Que? . Driving in India itself shows how thoughtless we can get, we just make a Jam! don't allow ambulances to pass etc. Even developed nations like Germany & UK fall in line with the US.

6)People in power DON'T have a religion or a nationality, they are smart enough to understand that these are fake boundaries created by other smart people, meant to control the masses (like yourself)
I am afraid you make some judgmental errors.

1. India does make fine highway and that too under threat. The Delaram-Zaranj Highway in Afghanistan is one example of excellent work done by India.

2. Have you visited other foreign countries like Bangladesh, Thailand, or Tokyo in Japan, Vancouver, and so many others.They too are chaotic in varying degree. Lane jumping is quite common all over. In India, people do give away to ambulances, if for nothing else, but to be saved from its incessant siren wail.
Check this
https://in.news.yahoo.com/video/chaotic-traffic-jam-skopje-intersection-100115888.html

3. People in Power do FLAUNT Religion.
Heard of a chap called Bush?
George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq...
Mr Bush, who became a born-again Christian at 40, is one of the most overtly religious leaders to occupy the White House, a fact which brings him much support in middle America.
George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq' | World news | The Guardian
And this is what Cameron, PM of UK said
LAST week I held my fourth annual Easter reception in Downing Street. Not for the first time, my comments about my faith and the importance of Christianity in our country were widely reported.

Some people feel that in this ever more secular age we shouldn't talk about these things. I completely disagree. I believe we should be more confident about our status as a Christian country, more ambitious about expanding the role of faith-based organisations, and, frankly, more evangelical about a faith that compels us to get out there and make a difference to people's lives.
My faith in the Church of England
India is not a perfect country. But I would also add western or other countries are not perfect either. In fact, they no longer enamour me, as it did before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles