Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

@pmaitra sir.

Look most of Telegraph and ABP news org have generally posted anti Rebel news. Even Ray sir who reads the Telegraph will tell you this.

Only one newspaper,Bartaman(the newpaper that boasts "Bhagabhan chara kauke voi pai na") has published pro Russian news. It had claimed that the launch was designed to kill Putin and was originally aimed at his plane by Ukrainian armed authorities. Strangely it has stopped posting such news and now only posts about Tapas Pal and the political "maar dangas" of rural Bengal.
Have you had a chance to read my earlier posts?

We have analyzed two theories:
1. Kiev regime shot down the plane to use it as a diversion to launch a massive invasion in Eastern Ukraine. The invasion, they did launch.
2. The militia thought it was a bomber out there to kill them, and so shot it down.

@aerokan has presented a third theory. The militia did say they shot down an Antonov-26.

The bottom line is, we do not know for sure what has happened. Mr. Kerry think otherwise, but I am eagerly waiting for his "overwhelming evidence."

I could care a little less who purchases what from where.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Rebel tanks are being filled with the juice. Notice white ДТ letters on the upper red module of the gas station, it is a diesel fuel.

combined, Donetsk and Lugansk regions have approximately 255 gas stations;
permitted maximum fuel reservoir capacity inside city is up to 30 cubic meters, up to 60 cubic meter outside the city;
average gas station has 2-4 fuel reservoirs, 1 per dispenser. Each and every gas station provides diesel fuel for civil trucks and buses;
average gas station uses 15% of its reservoir capacity for diesel fuel.

Thus there is stil enough diesel fuel for rebel tanks and civil trucks in the region.

bhramos

Country flag
Bezler's group have captured UA T-64 in a clash near Donetsk. Vehicle is going to be repaired and brought back to service. Second one and a BTR have been destroyed in the same combat.
Crew "didn't make it".

bhramos

Country flag
Yuri Birukov, ukrainian volunteer of "Krilya Fenixa" (Wings of Phoenix) group reveals drastic situation on the fronts:
Волонтер «Крыльев Феникса» рассказал подробности прорыва 79-й бригады из оцепления российских террористов | НикВести — Новости НиколаеÐ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGsaBTlntPo

Summary:
There is now any CTO over there, it is full-scale war with tanks, artillery and aviation. And our forces are depleting.
Senior officers and generals literaly don't give a heck about this war. Their HQ near Amrosievka is shamelessly fancy. White and clean tablecloths, nice meals, great tents, adjutants, even sauna. But most important issue is dozens of their bodyguards. They are scared *****less if they have to ride to the combat zone. They arrive in armoured column, all clean and shiny, but no matter the odds they try to return back before the sunset. However, recently their camp was hit with Grad. "I do hope that now they'll understand that shrapnel gives their chubby bellies the same treatment as to grunts."
Junior officers and sergeants prefer not to report anything regarding movements of their units tothe commanding officers. Because if they do, the data of this column will be immediately given to separatists => ambush is inevitable => KIAs are inevitable. The amount of bust**rds and sc*m in HQ is higher beyond comprehension. NatiGuard recieved even worse treatment, some officers are very angry at NatiGuard, they think this war is their very fault, so they whistleblow all data regarding them to the separatists, who do not take "nazi-prisoners" alive.
Sheer amount of lies, BS-talkings, hoorah-patrotism is nondimensional. Everyone from a colonel to Mr minister of defence, including Parubiy, Poroshenko and Avakov live in their own world, where seps are killed in thousands daily, UA army is supplied with everything.
Awesome plans of mobilization is pure BS. To become experienced unit must go through fire and blood, smell stench of the gunpowder, witness gore and guts on the ground, spend night under direct fire. It is complete idiotism to expect professionalism from yesterday's students, workers, managers, salesmen, artists, unemployed who are torn away from their peacful lives and throun right into the grinder. They do no understand where they are sent, war is distant for them.
He is certain that in the short time all these liars, idiots and traitors will be cleansed and kicked away from the army.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
New York Times.

That is the answer.

Thank you @Peter.

Which "newspaper" first published news of the WMDs in Iraq, remind me again, @Peter?
Which "newspaper" first published pictures of an "Ossetian" fighter spotted in Slavyansk, that was debunked by Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet? Do you know?

Don't let this stop you from posting more fairy-tales. You said that you love reading them. Perhaps you are not the only one.
So the Telegraph posts fairy tales. Well then nearly a huge percentage of Indians like to read this daily fairy tale newspaper. Anyway I do not have anything more to comment on this conflict. Already I have been proven right on a number of issues here. I also know that I will be proven right in the future too. The real truth is no one is a saint. Neither the USA or Russia. Both are equally bad. However IMHO the Ukrainians have sided with the West/US because they want a better life- a life filled with cash and luxury. Of course this may not turn out to be true for them but it is their choice.

Btw where is Putin`s armed action against Ukraine that was predicted by DFIans a few weeks ago.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Of course you care about a picture where the number of the BUK-M1 is invisible. That is what suits your purpose the best - to obfuscate.
I'm not obfuscating. I just pointed out to you that you are wrong in believing the claim that Ukrainian Buk 312 being carried on a tractor trailer was the same one as the one shown by the Ukrainian government and later on used by the Kremlin Generals in their little publicity stunt.

pmaitra

I'm not obfuscating. I just pointed out to you that you are wrong in believing the claim that Ukrainian Buk 312 being carried on a tractor trailer was the same one as the one shown by the Ukrainian government and later on used by the Kremlin Generals in their little publicity stunt.
I think you have tried you best, and perhaps it is my deficiency that I still do not see the relevance of the picture of a barely visible BUK-M1 of unknown number.

pmaitra

So the Telegraph posts fairy tales. Well then nearly a huge percentage of Indians like to read this daily fairy tale newspaper. Anyway I do not have anything more to comment on this conflict. Already I have been proven right on a number of issues here. I also know that I will be proven right in the future too. The real truth is no one is a saint. Neither the USA or Russia. Both are equally bad. However IMHO the Ukrainians have sided with the West/US because they want a better life- a life filled with cash and luxury. Of course this may not turn out to be true for them but it is their choice.

Btw where is Putin`s armed action against Ukraine that was predicted by DFIans a few weeks ago.
New York Times does post a lot of fairy tales, if I was not clear enough in my previous post.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
However IMHO the Ukrainians have sided with the West/US because they want a better life- a life filled with cash and luxury. Of course this may not turn out to be true for them but it is their choice.
Unfortunately (for the Ukrainians), there is less chance of cash/luxury ahead, but a debt filled life is more likely.
Also likely is that foreigners like Hunter Biden (US Vice Prez. Joe Biden's son) are going to control Ukraine's industries (already the current illegitimate govt. of Ukraine has made moves toward this).

Can you point me toward these posts, I want to read them. Thanks.

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag
Have you been reading my posts? Because Putin provided the Buk used to shoot down MH17. He may not have ordered the rebels the shoot down commercial planes but they nevertheless did it by their idiocy.

The rest of your post is a repetition of the main conspiracy theory being peddled by Kremlin. As I said earlier, it is simply beyond reason to believe that Ukraine or even Putin will order the shooting down of a commercial airliner full of innocent civilians just for "stunt."
Yes, I have been reading your posts. Otherwise, I would not have got any idea how to lead majority of the brainless zombies like you. Putin did not provide the Buk to shoot down MH17. If he had provided Buk to rebels, it would have been for the purpose of defending from the air raids on civilians by the murderous thugs from Kiev. If the Kiev ATC hasn't issued a NOTAM even after knowing that rebels possessed Buk, the fault lies with the Kievien authorities. If MH17 was flying on the rebel controlled areas, and Kiev ATC has issued a NOTAM on airspace which it has no complete control over, who is the one to fault? I guess you wouldn't ask those questions because of your quasi-American citizenship.

Kremlin was peddling a different consipracy theory. My theory was purely based on incidents which came out, real hard data and nothing more unlike your parroting with 'indisputable evidence' which no one other you and Kerry saw.

aerokan

Country flag
Why am I supposed to wait for years to point a finger at anyone? I do have a mind to make a decision on what version to believe at? Obviously you believe the version of Russia that it was the Ukrainian government that shoot down MH17 for a media stunt to put blame on Russia.

Don't demean the memories of my dead countrymen in MH17 by trivializing their deaths with knee jerk association with America. The murder of MH17 is not about America.
Nobody has to demean the memories of your dead ex-countrymen in MH17. You already did and continue to do so by repeatedly refusing to look at all evidence instead of basing your conclusions on only some parts of the story. Please don't even pray for the dead in MH17. They deserve better countrymen than you.

pmaitra

State Dept. accuses Russia of firing artillery into Ukraine, refuses to provide any evidence

Government officials in the United States said Thursday that Russia is firing artillery across the border into Ukrainian territory, but refused to provide any evidence when grilled by an Associated Press reporter.

Matthew Lee, a veteran AP journalist known for his frequent showdowns with spokespeople during US State Department briefings, raised questions about the latest claims during Thursday's scheduled press conference.

"We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful rocket launchers to the separatist forces in Ukraine, and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russia to attack Ukrainian military positions," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters during the Thursday afternoon briefing.

When asked by Lee for any evidence, however, Harf said the State Dept. is unwilling at this time to disclose further details because doing so could expose the secret intelligence operations involved in making such claims.

"I would like to know what you're basing this new evidence that the Russians intend to send any heavier equipment," Lee asked.

The details, Harf responded, are "based on some intelligence information."

"I can't get into the sources and methods behind it," Harf insisted to Lee's chagrin. "I can't tell you what the information is based on," she said at one point during the back-and-forth.

According to Lee, previous allegations made by the Department of State have, to some, fallen short of being considered "definitive proof."

Nevertheless, Harf responded that evidence so far has suggested that Russia has indeed played a role in the ongoing crisis in eastern Ukraine, where militia have taken up arms against the Kiev government spawning an international incident. Now one week after Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 was shot down over the region in the midst of the uproar, the State Dept. says weapons are "continuing to flow across the border."

When Lee questioned the State Dept.'s decision to withhold any evidence to support the spokesperson's allegations, Harf asked: "If I can't give you the source and method, would you prefer that I not give you the information?"

"I think that it would be best for all concerned here if when you make an allegation like that you're able to make it up with something more than just 'because I said so,'" Lee countered. "You guys get up at the UN security council making these allegations , the secretary [of the State Dept., John Kerry] gets on the Sunday shows and makes these allegations, and then when you present your evidence to back up those allegations, it has appeared to, at least for some, fall short of definitive proof," Lee continued.

For now, Harf said, "the rest of the world"¦ has seen these separatists shot down a dozen planes," and can rely on the admission of a militia leader who took credit for downing a Ukrainian plane as being among the "preponderance of evidence" available to the public.

Previously, the US ambassador to the United Nations said "it is impossible to rule out Russian technical assistance" with regards to the surface-to-air missiles blamed for taking down MH17 last Thursday. In the week since, however, the Obama administration has been unable to directly link Moscow to the event.

During a highly publicized intelligence briefing where US officials were expected to present an assessment of MH17 downing on Tuesday, government representatives were forced to admit that no evidence currently points towards any Russian involvement.

"[W]e don't know a name, we don't know a rank and we're not even 100 percent sure of a nationality," one official at the briefing told the AP this week.

Other evidence touted by the administration as supposed proof of Russia's involvement in the crisis has turned out to be inaccurate, including images purported to show the Russian military fighting alongside an anti-Kiev militia printed by the New York Times later reported to be an "incorrect" representation.

aerokan

Country flag
I disagree with your views on the USA, Russia and China. Think I'll just leave it there.

As, I was saying I'm aware of who Soros is. Would not be surprised if he's, some how, involved in the situation in the Ukraine and would be surprised if the CIA weren't. But as I was saying before, that's what foreign policy entails.

I actually wont listen to Kucinich. As a person, I don't mind the guy and have no opinion of American domestic politics/ politicians. But, if you want to refer to him as a Presidential Candidate, I think it's fair for me to point that he was no where near being selected. Kucinich has also claimed to have seen a UFO as was supported by Sean Penn. While he's retired and can say whatever he wants now, I don't consider him important enough to pay attention to.

How has the Eurasian Union and Russia joining the WTO effected the Russian economy? A short(-ish) answer please.

Putin is the boss. When the organisation fails, the boss gets sacked. As to your ideas...

I also don't understand that. Also. I don't understand why you are construing that is what I said, as it clearly wasn't. Strongly suspect you just wanted to swear at me. Have fun with that.
If you don't listen to Kucinich, then atleast listen to Ron Paul, the best presidential candidate in the recent times. If you believe in Obama and not Ron Paul, then i guess there is no hope for most of the people.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I generally trust Reuters, but I am not willing to overlook the fact that Thomson-Reuters is, at the end of the day, a New York based source.

Reuters is founded in Canada and it main headquarters is still in Canada.

Its owner Thomson Reuters although headquartered in New York is also founded in Canada and is majority owned by Canadia's Thomson family through their holding company The Woodbridge Company. In 2010 Thomson Reuters was recognised as one of Canada's "leading brands."

Anyway, it does not mean that Reuters is infallible. They could have committed a mistake in translating some statements of Khodakovsky. But I think so far based on the denials from Russian sources they do not contradict the following statements attributed to Khodakovsky by Reuters:

"I knew that a BUK came from Luhansk. At the time I was told that a BUK from Luhansk was coming under the flag of the LNR," he said, referring to the Luhansk People's Republic, the main rebel group operating in Luhansk, one of two rebel provinces along with Donetsk, the province where the crash took place.
"That BUK I know about. I heard about it. I think they sent it back. Because I found out about it at exactly the moment that I found out that this tragedy had taken place. They probably sent it back in order to remove proof of its presence," Khodakovsky told Reuters on Tuesday.
Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile | Reuters

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@aerokan, many western politicians would be happy that MH17 was shot down. This is an excellent opportunity to direct global anger at Russia.

Like Lusitania's sinking which caused America to finally decide against Germany.

pmaitra

Reuters is founded in Canada and it main headquarters is still in Canada.

Its owner Thomson Reuters although headquartered in New York is also founded in Canada and is majority owned by Canadia's Thomson family through their holding company The Woodbridge Company. In 2010 Thomson Reuters was recognised as one of Canada's "leading brands."
Tell me something I don't know. It is based out of New York. As long as that is true, my point stands.
Anyway, it does not mean that Reuters is infallible. They could have committed a mistake in translating some statements of Khodakovsky. But I think so far based on the denials from Russian sources they do not contradict the following statements attributed to Khodakovsky by Reuters:

Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile | Reuters
Two, and some more theories. Zero evidence. Lots of animated gestures and wild accusations by one Mr. Kerry. I think the AP reporter, Mr. Lee, put the US government in a hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles