Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

The Ukrainian armed forces destroyed a column of Russian armored vehicles from Chechnya.

In sector "B" in the zone ATO was the Ukrainian army was destroyed a column of Russian armored vehicles.
In one of the tanks were discovered documents proving that the technique came from Chechnya.
In sector "B" destroyed a column of Russian armored vehicles, - said the chief editor of Tsenzor.net" Yury Butusov with reference to the Ukrainian military.
In the scorched tanks were discovered documents in the name of "Desyatov Alexander, 25.11.86 Mechanic / driver,m/u 16544, 8-I OMsBr, s. Borzoi Shatoi district of Chechnya". Tank of the Russian T - 72B3, numb. 632,m/u 54096, the third tank company".
ВСУ уничтожили колонну российской бронетехники из Чечни
Here is the picture at the article reporting a "destroyed" column from Chechnya.

Destroyed - hmmm.

We all know that there are volunteers from Chechnya amongst the pro-Russia militia, but I think we would welcome a picture proving the claims made by the news-site Khviliya.

jouni

@pmaitra, I see you quote Patton in your signature, you must also share his view about Russia? Just asking...

Last edited by a moderator:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Here is the picture at the article reporting a "destroyed" column from Chechnya.

Destroyed - hmmm.

We all know that there are volunteers from Chechnya amongst the pro-Russia militia, but I think we would welcome a picture proving the claims made by the news-site Khviliya.
Ты можешь свое ебло завалить? Какая в пизду разница какая картинка? Тебе чмырило не все равно? Все равно долбоебу ничего не докажешь. Якщо ты думаешь, что мы охуеваем тут от радости и ссым кипятком, что погибли россияне - твой примитивизм бы забавлял. Одно дело - рашисты, которые сюда прискакали. Другое - подневольные зольды, которые выполняют приказ. А теперь бань меня уебан, потому что я матерился!

Last edited:

pmaitra

@pmaitra, I see you quote Patton in your signature, you must also share his view about Russia? Just asking...
No, and I am aware of some of his silly rants. My allegiance is with that particular statement, not the individual as a whole.

This is important to understand, being in a forum, that it is one thing to focus on the message, and another thing to focus on the messenger.

pmaitra

Ты можешь свое ебло завалить? Какая в пизду разница какая картинка? Тебе чмырило не все равно? Все равно долбоебу ничего не докажешь. Якщо ты думаешь, что мы охуеваем тут от радости и ссым кипятком, что погибли россияне - твой примиивизм бы забавлял. Одно дело - рашисты, которые сюда прискакали. Другое - подневольные зольды, которые выполняют приказ. А теперь бань меня уебан, потому что я матерился!
@Akim, please share the pictures with us, proving the claims.

I repeat, we do not deny existence of Chechens amongst the militia, but we are also aware of the lies coming out of Kiev.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/member.php?u=11405" target="_blank">Akim</a>, please share the pictures with us, proving the claims.

I repeat, we do not deny existence of Chechens amongst the militia, but we are also aware of the lies coming out of Kiev.
I repeat. I hate to show. In Chechnya are not Chechens and the Russian soldiers. This fratricidal war,the fault of Putler.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
@Akim, please share the pictures with us, proving the claims.

He doesn't share any proofs and just come here time to time to rant and troll. I have to ask some of my Ukrainian friend here to represent their views from Kiev.

pmaitra

Thank you @Akim. One tank, with a log-book (Kartochka) with the name, apparently, Alexei Alexeyevich (from what I could read, but doesn't look like a Chechen name), one Sverbank card, and medical guide-book of the Russian Federation.

Hmmm, could be a Russian tank entering Ukraine (again, we do not deny Russian armour coming in to help the militia), but column of Chechen armoured vehicles? C'mon @Akim. This is an obvious exaggeration by your news media.

pmaitra

He doesn't share any proofs and just come here time to time to rant and troll. I have to ask some of my Ukrainian friend here to represent their views from Kiev.
He probably does not have much proof to share, but I don't think he is a troll, and you have to understand his situation, as his country is in the middle of a civil war.

Yesterday I was hanging out with my Russian friend, and showed him a video of one of the pro-Russia rebels. He said the person's accent is purely Russian and has no Ukrainian hint. So, there is propaganda on both the sides, however, my Russian friend totally supports Russia.

pmaitra

Talks in Minsk

Bread Kissing Ceremony?

"President" of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko

President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev

St. George's Ribbon

"George Ribbon" on the bag of one of the members of the Russian delegation

Neither a Molotov Cocktail Party, nor a Maidan, but Palace of Independence

Minsk "Palace of Independence," in which the negotiations took place

The Dramatis Personæ

From left to right: Nurseltan Nazarbayev, Vladimir Putin, Alexander Lukashenko, Poroshenko, Catherine Ashton, the EU on Energy and Commerce, Gunther Oettinger, and Karel De Gucht

The Serious Bit

Vladimir Putin said on illegal re-export of goods from the EU to Russia via Belarus. He showed the participants of the meeting a photograph in which, according to him, under the label "Made in Belarus" see the label "Made in Poland".

Poroshenko

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Thank you @Akim. One tank, with a log-book (Kartochka) with the name, apparently, Alexei Alexeyevich (from what I could read, but doesn't look like a Chechen name), one Sverbank card, and medical guide-book of the Russian Federation.

Hmmm, could be a Russian tank entering Ukraine (again, we do not deny Russian armour coming in to help the militia), but column of Chechen armoured vehicles? C'mon @Akim. This is an obvious exaggeration by your news media.
You are smart (irony)Yu.. I wrote in Russian. You won't prove anything. I can post pictures, but I will not do it. You child psychology in comparison with Russians people!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion | Reuters

Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said a group of Russian soldiers had crossed the border in armored infantry carriers and a truck and entered the town of Amvrosiyivka, not far from where Ukraine detained 10 Russian soldiers on Monday.

Ukraine's Security Services also said in a statement it had detained another Russian soldier in the east of the country who has confessed his unit provided military support to separatist rebels.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I guess we're seeing the fruits of direct Russian participation....

In other developments

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said he had received Polish intelligence reports that regular units of the Russian army were operating inside Ukraine

The Committee of Soldiers' Mothers in Russia's northern Caucasus said it had a list of 400 soldiers who had been killed or wounded - but it did not know where the injuries and deaths had happened

Ukrainian helicopter pilot Nadiya Savchenko appeared in court in the Russian city of Voronezh for a hearing on her continued detention in custody on charges of complicity in the killing of two Russian TV journalists

BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Rebels push into port of Novoazovsk

pmaitra

@asianobserve,

You did this with Liz Wahl - multiple posts on the same issue, and you are doing it again. Do not repeat the same thing multiple times. Read the thread. If you need time to read the thread, let me know.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
It seems like the goal is to make an example of Ukraine to the West: Russia will defend its strategic interests within its sphere of influence (so far) no matter the cost

Ukraine Reports Russian Invasion on a New Front

DONETSK, Ukraine — Determined to preserve the pro-Russian revolt in eastern Ukraine, Russia reinforced what Western and Ukrainian officials described as a stealth invasion on Wednesday, sending armored troops across the border as it expanded the conflict to a new section of Ukrainian territory.

The latest incursion, which Ukraine's military said included five armored personnel carriers, was at least the third movement of troops and weapons from Russia across the southeast part of the border this week, further blunting the momentum Ukrainian forces have made in weakening the insurgents in their redoubts of Donetsk and Luhansk farther north. Evidence of a possible turn was seen in the panicky retreat of Ukrainian soldiers on Tuesday from a force they said had come over the Russian border.

Russia, which has denied it is helping the insurgents, did not acknowledge the military movements. But the Russians have signaled that they would not countenance a defeat of an insurgency in the heavily Russian eastern part of Ukraine, which would amount to a significant domestic political setback for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia in his increasingly fractious relationship with the United States and its European allies.

"Russia is clearly trying to put its finger on the scale to tip things back in favor of its proxies," said a senior American official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was discussing intelligence reports. "Artillery barrages and other Russian military actions have taken their toll on the Ukrainian military."

The Russian military movements carried the potential to poison any hope that a halt to the five-month-old conflict was any closer, one day after the presidents of both countries, at a meeting in Belarus, professed their desire for a solution. Russia's behavior also raised the possibility of punitive new Western economic sanctions as a reprisal.

Andriy Lysenko, a spokesman for the Ukrainian military in Kiev, said the Russian armored column entered the town of Amvrosiyivka, south of Donetsk, expanding what Western and Ukrainian officials have described as one of the main fronts in a multipronged counteroffensive directed by Russia. This week, Ukraine accused Russia of sending an armored column toward the coastal city of Mariupol, far from the fighting around Luhansk and Donetsk, with the aim of diverting Ukrainian forces to deal with that new threat.

The Obama administration accused Russia of lying about its intentions, while European officials angrily demanded answers from the Kremlin. Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, who perhaps has the most cordial relationship with Mr. Putin, telephoned him on Wednesday to request an explanation, her office said.

Evidence that Russia was seeking to change the course of the conflict was abundant this week in the small southeast border town of Novoazovsk, where Ukrainian forces beat a nervous retreat on Tuesday, under attack from what fleeing soldiers described as columns of tanks, artillery and combat troops coming across the border.

Exhausted, filthy and dismayed, some Ukrainian soldiers staggering out of Novoazovsk for safer territory said they were cannon fodder for the attacking forces. As they spoke, tank shells whistled in from the east and exploded nearby.

Some of the Ukrainian soldiers appeared unwilling to fight. The commander of their unit, part of the Ninth Brigade from Vinnytsia, in western Ukraine, barked at the men to turn around, to no effect. "All right," the commander said. "Anybody who refuses to fight, sit apart from the others." Eleven men did, while the others returned to the city.

Some troops were in full retreat: A city busload of them careened past on the highway headed west, and purple curtains flapped through windows shot out by gunfire.

More fighting and shelling punctuated the area around the town on Wednesday, although it was unclear whether the assailants were Russian forces or members of the Donetsk People's Republic, the name the separatists have given themselves.

The Obama administration, which has imposed increasingly punitive economic sanctions on Russia because of the Ukraine crisis, has asserted over the past week that the Russians had moved artillery, air-defense systems and armor to help the separatists in Donetsk and Luhansk.

"These incursions indicate a Russian-directed counteroffensive is likely underway," Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said Wednesday. At the department's daily briefing in Washington, Ms. Psaki also criticized what she called the Russian government's "unwillingness to tell the truth" that its military had sent soldiers as deep as 30 miles inside Ukraine territory.

Ms. Psaki apparently was referring to videos of captured Russian soldiers, distributed by the Ukrainian government on Tuesday, that directly challenged Mr. Putin's assertions that Russia is a mere bystander in the conflict. The videos were publicized just as Mr. Putin was meeting with his Ukraine counterpart, Petro O. Poroshenko, in Belarus.

Russian forces have been trying to help the separatists break the siege of Luhansk and have been fighting to open a corridor to Donetsk from the Russian border, Western officials say.

To the south, Russia has been backing a separatist push toward Mariupol, a major port on the Sea of Azov, according to Western and Ukrainian officials. The Russian aim, one Western official said, may possibly be to seize an outlet to the sea in the event that Russia tries to establish a separatist enclave in eastern Ukraine.

Some Western officials fear the move might even be a step in what they suspect is a broader Russian strategy to carve out a land link to Crimea, the strategic Ukrainian peninsula that Russia annexed in March, setting off Moscow's worst crisis with the West since the Cold War.

The Russian military's use of artillery from within Ukraine is of special concern to Western military officials, who say Russian artillery has already been used to shell Ukrainian forces near Luhansk. And along with the antiaircraft systems operated by separatists or Russian forces inside Ukraine, the artillery has the potential to alter the balance of power in the struggle for control of eastern Ukraine.

The separatists have asserted that they are using captured Ukrainian equipment. But American officials say they are confident that the artillery in the Krasnodon area of Ukraine is Russia's since Ukrainian forces have not penetrated that deeply into that separatist-controlled region. American officials also say the separatists have no experience in using such weaponry.

The United States has photographs that show the Russian artillery moved into Ukraine, American officials say. One photo dated last Thursday, shown to a New York Times reporter, shows Russian military units moving self-propelled artillery into Ukraine. Another photo, dated Saturday, shows the artillery in firing positions in Ukraine.

Advanced air defenses, including systems not known to be in the Ukrainian arsenal, have also been used to blunt the Ukrainian military's air power, American officials say. In addition, they said, the Russian military routinely flies drones over Ukraine and shares the intelligence with the separatists.

In Novoazovsk, at least, there was no doubt among the retreating Ukrainians that their assailants were coming from Russia.

On the highway in Novoazovsk on Tuesday, Sgt. Ihor Sharapov, a soldier with the Ukrainian border patrol unit, said he had seen tanks drive across the border, although they were marked with flags of the Donetsk People's Republic. Others suggested the flags were a ruse.

"I tell you they are Russians, but this is what proof I have," said Sgt. Aleksei Panko, holding up his thumb and index finger to form a zero. Sergeant Panko estimated that about 60 armored vehicles crossed near Novoazovsk. "This is what happened: They crossed the border, took up positions and started shooting."

The Ukrainian Vinnytsia brigade met the cross-border advance over the six miles of countryside separating Novoazovsk from the Russian border, but later retreated to the western edge of town along the Rostov-Mariupol highway, where soldiers were collapsed in exhaustion on the roadside. "This is now a war with Russia," Sergeant Panko said.

The counteroffensive that Ukrainian officers said was at least in part staged across the border from Russia pushed the Ukrainian Army off a 75-mile-long highway from Donetsk south to the Azov Sea.

On Wednesday, it amounted to a no-man's land of empty villages, roads crisscrossed by armored vehicle treads, felled trees and grass fires burning out of control, and panoramas of sunflowers and corn rotting.
[MOD Edit: Added link.]
[LINK]

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Ukrainian troops still hold the road between Mairupol' and Novoazovsk.

Ukrainian law enforcers control track Mariupol - Novoazovsk

Servicemen of the Ukrainian Armed Forces control the route Mariupol - Novoazovsk. Ukrainian security forces set up checkpoints and smooth out the surrounding villages. In Mariupol gradually eroding the panic caused by the news that the tanks from Russia are preparing to enter the city and knock out Ukrainian troops.

The stores have food, transport works as usual, along the route Mariupol - Donetsk busses on a modified schedule.

Recall, on the Ukrainian-Russian border checkpoint "Novoazovsk" in the Donetsk region almost daily subjected to mortar fire .

Украинские силовики контролируют трассу Мариуполь - Новоазовск
Another government Mi-8 shot down.

militarizm: Сбитый украинский Ми-8 "62 желтый" из 16-й авиабригады

Samar Rathi

Country flag
On August 23, German Chancellor Angela Merkel met with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to discuss Ukraine's place in the context of Europe. She also offered 500 million euros for the reconstruction of the Donbas region. The following day, a military parade was held in Kiev, in which high profile armor and artillery was displayed to crowds. Meanwhile, rebels in Donetsk held a counter march in Donetsk where they paraded their prisoners of war, as onlookers threw trash at the captives.

Despite the high spirits at the Kiev parade, the display of equipment and artillery was perceived as a slap in the face to those fighting for Ukraine on the frontline — many of who are dying because they don't have the artillery and military equipment they need to put up a fight.

VICE News correspondent Simon Ostrovsky attended the parade and interviewed members of volunteer battalions, who recounted their experiences on the frontline.

[video=youtube_share;W57Tjs9BeLw]http://youtu.be/W57Tjs9BeLw[/video]

Read few comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles