Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

Funny how the western media is silent about phosphorus bombs, and are engaged in drama about humanitarian aid being sent to Ukraine, under the aegis of the Red Cross.

The way I see it, it all boils down to one thing - the west wants more and more people in Donbass to die, the injured to succumb, and the living to suffer and starve.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Anyway, you were saying something about "leftist." I am still eagerly waiting for you to articulate your point, if you have any at all, i.e.. :lol:
You mean that Obama is leftist? Maybe, but he is not in the league of Guardian newspaper. For sure Obama has not escaped the cross-hairs of Guardian if what you mean is that he (and the US) will get a pass this time from the latter as they are both "leftists."

jouni

Funny how the western media is silent about phosphorus bombs, and are engaged in drama about humanitarian aid being sent to Ukraine, under the aegis of the Red Cross.

The way I see it, it all boils down to one thing - the west wants more and more people in Donbass to die, the injured to succumb, and the living to suffer and starve.

The way I see it, is that west finally woke up that majority of Ukrainians want to reform their country. They want to develop it, get rid of corruption they want to finally come together as a nation, not being dependent on Russia on everything. Russian state policy is to have buffer zones around her, Russia is dependent of energy exports, it has no developed consumer or technology sector like the west, or developing countries like china, india, brazil etc. so it cannot offer Ukraine any help on developing those.

Putin has said that collapse of the Soviet Union was the greatest catastrophe of 20th century, he has said that Russia feels she has the obligation to "protect Russian speakers" on her neighbor countries. Let me ask you one thing, why does not great powers of the west Europe of Germany, France and UK have similar politics towards their neighbor. The reason is simple in consumer societies of today markets for your product means power for your country. A rich neighbor buys stuff from me and I get prosper, also my neighbor prospers if he generates the money from that trade to her development. A hundred years ago at the age of industry wars were fought over raw materials and resources. Somebody should advice Russia about that fact.

Regarding protecting Russian speaking people. What if prime minister of Sweden suddenly says: "We feel that the collapse of Swedish empire 1812 was a grave mistake, we feel we have the obligation to protect swedish speaking people in Finland, Denmark and Norway. Nato has surrounded us in south and west, we do not accept Finland have closer ties with NATO. In Finland there have been cases of suppression of swedish speaking population, even if swedish is on paper second official language of Finland, it is speaken with funny accent that cannot be accepted. Swedish speaking areas of Finland have full right to become independent and Finland must be a federal state. Finland should also resign European Union and join the new Scandinavian union to benefit from lower car taxes of sweden. Sweden also feel that the Ã…land islands that are between sweden and Finland have always been part of sweden and a referendum should be arranged for her rejoining motherland." I do not see such intentions coming from Sweden, thank god!

Dear Pmaitra, I am not trying to insult you, just try to show how strange the politics of our eastern neighbor look from our perspective.

jouni

And regarding phosphorus bombs: yes war is nasty business and a civil war especially. I think both sides try to use maximum forces to achieve their goals. The big question is what happens when the guns go silent. I hope from ashes emerge BOTH stronger and more stable Ukraine who develops civil society for the benefit of all AND Russia that finds her place in the international community and continue to develop better life for her citizen.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
American South Korea.

"Occupied" Japan (here at night you can walk),

New Zealand. Auckland. Here, the police closed their stations at 6 PM, and cars on the streets are not closed.

It's all "wild" American culture.
The photos were taken in the autumn of 2012.
Fans of the "Russian way" of life is not lived with us. And those Russian citizens who protect it, then Egypt, did not go anywhere.

bhramos

Country flag
Rebels took Stepanovka.

Footage includes different destroyed vehicles of Ukranian army around Stepanovka and few rebels stories.
Worth separate mentioning:
- Exotic view of destroyed Humvee (95th airmobile?) and latin letters handwritten markings on artillery command vehicle (who did it?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfXFJg8TaI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles