Chinese Navy Destroyers

SexyChineseLady

Bro seriously we have fought Naval battles we have necessary doctrine to engage
Experience and instincts come through battles for which we need to pay with blood but still it can create a havoc for a very large Navy
U are be building more which is increasing your quality but plan would never understand what's necessary for battle unless you fight it
With more and more ships and more and more missiles, nobody would want to fight China ;) They haven't for the past 40 years.

Again, if Brahmos is based on Yakhont, it is nothing special to Chinese designers of AA systems.

Angel of War

Country flag
I said it was among the best, 25 yrs ago. And Chinese fan expected the single weapon would be the killer, but the more we built, the more we learned, we realized we were naive.
What exactly made chinese fanboys overestimate P270 ?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
With more and more ships and more and more missiles, nobody would want to fight China ;) They haven't for the past 40 years.

Again, if Brahmos is based on Yakhont, it is nothing special to Chinese designers of AA systems.
This is what everyone understands until and unless that person doesn't fight wars are not based on who is bigger
Yes quantity has it's own quality and even quality is improving but u can't fight and win without a first fight

Angel of War

Country flag

brahmos derives its base design from P800 but its capabilities , maneuverability and ECCM capabilities are more advanced than p800

rockdog

Country flag
What exactly made chinese fanboys overestimate P270 ?
During 1996, there was Taiwan Strait crisis. Two USAN CBGs came to Taiwan strat, almost disable all the PLAAF's costal anti warship and airpower capabilities.

The Chinese fans were eager to find a "killer weapon" to counter CGB.

The P270 had similar advantage as Brahmos, it's big and fast, also over bluffed by Russian seller. And Chinese fan liked to buy it, i was the one.

Some Indian members's expection on Brahms made me recalled such mindset, i know it's part from patriotism, but i think they also need to see the whole system.

Imaigining even during 2000, the P270 were best in the world, but we had no chance to hit the USA CBG, they had GPS, datalink, E2C, even FA18 would sink all PLA's warships 800km away by its 0.8 mach harpon...

I also simulated the battle on the war game software Fleet Command based on 2002 situation, the result was pathetic, PLAN lost all warships, but USAN only lost two fighters...

SexyChineseLady

This is what everyone understands until and unless that person doesn't fight wars are not based on who is bigger
Yes quantity has it's own quality and even quality is improving but u can't fight and win without a first fight

The idea is to create such an overwhelming force that no one wants to fight China ;)

Again, China hasn't fought a war in 40 years and likes to make money not war. This new navy China is building is just part of a defense expenditure that is only 1.5% of national GDP.

Many more Type 055s, Type 052DLs, Type 075s, Type 095s, etc. are coming. They will make war very unlikely.

Angel of War

Country flag
The P270 had similar advantage as Brahmos, it's big and fast, also over bluffed by Russian seller. And Chinese fan liked to buy it, i was the one.
[
P270 was big , less maeuverable , short ranged ( export version reportedly had a 150km range) and had bad ECCM capabilties against US EW assets . Comparing it to brahmos does not make any sense . You know that during exercise malabar IN's missile flotila detatchment simulated an attack on US CBG . The results were shocking for the US navy , a salvo of brahmos was fired and it scored a stimulated kill against US Carrier .

Angel of War

Country flag
The idea is to create such an overwhelming force that no one wants to fight China ;)

Again, China hasn't fought a war in 40 years and likes to make money not war. This new navy China is building is just part of a defense expenditure that is only 1.5% of national GDP.

Many more Type 055s, Type 052DLs, Type 075s, Type 095s, etc. are coming. They will make war very unlikely.
Aren't they building all of this to make a war ' more likely' when seen in the context of Taiwan , SCS and senkaku dispute .

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

That's your thinking but warfare has many options not necessarily for element to contribute
A sharp objective a sharp calculation and next you won the battle not necessary for u to destroy a assets but still you can win if your objective is achieved history always states the proof
So if u think larger force will never make you lose war or battle then u can be surprised or pls check history

SexyChineseLady

brahmos derives its base design from P800 but its capabilities , maneuverability and ECCM capabilities are more advanced than p800
CX-1 was the same story with Chinese input instead of Indian on a Russian base. I understand, you are confident that the Indian input on Yakhont would somehow be better than the Chinese input.

But China has a much longer record on missiles and a much bigger electronics industry.

If you look at space launches (basically missiles!), China had 53 successes (3 failures) in 2021 to India's 1 success (and 1 failure.)

Anyone betting would put money on China's input on the Yakhont over India's to be perfectly honest. But China didn't put the Yakhont or CX-1 as its main frontline weapon unlike India because there were better missiles ;)

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
CX-1 was the same story with Chinese input instead of Indian on a Russian base. I understand, you are confident that the Indian input on Yakhont would somehow be better than the Chinese input.

But China has a much longer record on missiles and a much bigger electronics industry.

If you look at space launches (basically missiles!), China had 53 successes (3 failures) in 2021 to India's 1 success (and 1 failure.)

Anyone betting would put money on China's input on the Yakhont over India's to be perfectly honest. But China didn't put the Yakhont or CX-1 as its main frontline weapon unlike India because there were better missiles ;)
Last point is just awesome plan had other missiles so didn't equip its best missile cx-1

rockdog

Country flag
[
P270 was big , less maeuverable , short ranged ( export version reportedly had a 150km range) and had bad ECCM capabilties against US EW assets . Comparing it to brahmos does not make any sense . You know that during exercise malabar IN's missile flotila detatchment simulated an attack on US CBG . The results were shocking for the US navy , a salvo of brahmos was fired and it scored a stimulated kill against US Carrier .
To be frank, most Chinese fan don't have interest on how killing Brahmos it is. I bought my first military magzine on 1991, when the gulf war began. It said LCA and Arjun were most advanced weapon from developing nations and will enter the service soon, the specifcaitons from them were surprised, and during that time China had nothing to compare.

After these two weapons became the joke (from our POV), most of us lost intrest to any Indian weapon, even the Brahmos can be considered the only successfull project for last 3 decades.

SexyChineseLady

Aren't they building all of this to make a war ' more likely' when seen in the context of Taiwan , SCS and senkaku dispute .
It is making war less likely with Chinese ships and aircraft making Chinese patrols common place and routine because now one wants to stop them and risk war.

China doesn't stop the USN from exercising around the same seas for the same reason.

Nobody wants war when everyone is well equipped.

It becomes a game of who can put in more ships and maintain them in those seas. So China will build and build as war becomes less and less likely.

SexyChineseLady

Last point is just awesome plan had other missiles so didn't equip its best missile cx-1
Let's face it, both China and India had bought many of the same hardware from Russia. Some have direct equivalents in both India and China. The J-16 is a frontline SU-30 derivative just like the SU-30 MKI.

But the Yakhont (CX-1, Brahmos) is not one of them because there were simply better systems.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Bhai log , in chinoyon se behes karna chod do

Maveli

Country flag
Oh yeah ? You have no idea what a slavo of 6 brahmos missiles will do to a CBG . This has been stimulated during exercise malabar and the results were disastrous for the US navy . You should do more research about brahmos
How did they simulate a salvo of 6 Brahmos missiles? I can't imagine they actually fired 6 inert missiles at a US carrier group.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How did they simulate a salvo of 6 Brahmos missiles? I can't imagine they actually fired 6 inert missiles at a US carrier group.
It's a simulation sirji , I have also heard that a kilo class submarine sank a us navy ship too

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Let's face it, both China and India had bought many of the same hardware from Russia. Some have direct equivalents in both India and China. The J-16 is a frontline SU-30 derivative just like the SU-30 MKI.

But the Yakhont (CX-1, Brahmos) is not one of them because there were simply better systems.
After losing 39 soldiers PLA soldiers in Galwan Valley ..Poor CCP has to introduce Qi Fabao ( who was brutally kicked by Indian army) as torch bearer...the whole world knows how Indian army kicked the PLA in galwan....Now show some strength tell us the truth about the no of dead PLA soldiers were 39 or 69 !!!!

Indian Army is still waiting with bare hands.....PLA can try it again...Indian army dont require Brahmos...😂😂😂

Maveli

Country flag
It's a simulation sirji , I have also heard that a kilo class submarine sank a us navy ship too
That I can understand. If a submarine surfaces or actively starts pinging its sonar well within torpedo or anti-ship missile range of its target, it has proven it can evade the anti-sub warfare efforts of its adversary in an exercise.

But a simulated missile salvo from 100's of km's away? That requires an estimate of the defending fleets ability to detect, shoot down or jam the incoming missiles, as well as an estimate of the missiles ability to execute terminal phase homing, and estimated damage assessment. Not to mention the attacker's ability to detect the target elements ships without coming under fire themselves. That's an awful lot of estimates. I am speaking from an interested amateur's perspective, but it doesn't seem to me to be something to rely on.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles