Chinese Navy Destroyers

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
Really impressive.The rate of production is madness - like sausages on a machine.Formidable ships,but the development of chinese SSN and carriers is biggest threat.Wonder how they are training so many sailors and officers at once though.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Really impressive.The rate of production is madness - like sausages on a machine.Formidable ships,but the development of chinese SSN and carriers is biggest threat.Wonder how they are training so many sailors and officers at once though.
it'll take several years. launched and in service are totally different. navy build up has been the top priority since 2000 and accelerating after 2010. so largest portion of budget is shifted to navy. I think it has something to do with Taiwan. the plan is pretty clear. 6 aircraft carriers, 6 helicopter carriers, 60 destroyers, 60+ frigates. my personal view, there will be a Taiwan invasion around 2027. I don't think it has anything to do with India.

Deathstar

Country flag
it'll take several years. launched and in service are totally different. navy build up has been the top priority since 2000 and accelerating after 2010. so largest portion of budget is shifted to navy. I think it has something to do with Taiwan. the plan is pretty clear. 6 aircraft carriers, 6 helicopter carriers, 60 destroyers, 60+ frigates. my personal view, there will be a Taiwan invasion around 2027. I don't think it has anything to do with India.
It has everything to do with India. If china launches invasion of Taiwan it might even try and take Arunachal Pradesh which it calls as South Tibet. But i think Arunachal is not as sensitive as Taiwan for China

smooth manifold

Country flag
It has everything to do with India. If china launches invasion of Taiwan it might even try and take Arunachal Pradesh which it calls as South Tibet. But i think Arunachal is not as sensitive as Taiwan for China
you may think so. I think differently. I think the future is on the sea not on the land. sea power determines a nation's destiny.

if I were the president, i'd choose Taiwan——>Okinawa——>Guam——>Hawaii and split Pacific Ocean with US.

Last edited:

Deathstar

Country flag
you may think so. I think differently. I think the future is on the sea not on the land. sea power determines a nation's destiny.

if I were the president, i'd choose Taiwan——>Okinawa——>Guam——>Hawaii and split Pacific Ocean with US.
You seriously think China will capture Okinawa or Guam or Hawaii???? I am talking about the territorial disputes china has with its neighbours

smooth manifold

Country flag
You seriously think China will capture Okinawa or Guam or Hawaii???? I am talking about the territorial disputes china has with its neighbours
it's the long term goal: split or share the Pacific Ocean. this is reflected from Xi's envision " a new model of major power relations" introduced in 2014 but was strongly rejected by US.

Last edited:

Deathstar

Country flag
it's the long term goal: split or share the Pacific Ocean. this is reflected from Xi's envision " a new model of major power relations" introduced in 2014 but was strongly rejected by US.
Xi and China can even claim the whole earth for all they want. But is it even possible? Okinawa means war with Japan , Guam , Hawaii(a US state) direct war with the US.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Xi and China can even claim the whole earth for all they want. But is it even possible? Okinawa means war with Japan , Guam , Hawaii(a US state) direct war with the US.
Taiwan and Okinawa are geographically closer to China. Okinawa's historical link with Japan is weak. I think it's possible. As to Guam and Hawaii, it really depends. these islands are far from China. I'm not saying China is going to take these islands. instead, to share these islands.

Deathstar

Country flag
Taiwan and Okinawa are geographically closer to China. Okinawa's historical link with Japan is weak. I think it's possible. As to Guam and Hawaii, it really depends. these islands are far from China. I'm not saying China is going to take these islands. instead, to share these islands.
Japanese are re militarizing as they are uncertain of America. They might even get nuclear weapons of their own. Americans will never share their territory with anyone. Will China allow sharing of their reefs built in SCS??
Remember along with China even its adversaries are rising.
Taiwan has American nuclear umbrella. Even if America chickens out it will make sure to give nuclear weapons to Taiwan.
Anyways this is off topic on this thread.

smooth manifold

Country flag
Japanese are re militarizing as they are uncertain of America. They might even get nuclear weapons of their own. Americans will never share their territory with anyone. Will China allow sharing of their reefs built in SCS??
Remember along with China even its adversaries are rising.
Taiwan has American nuclear umbrella. Even if America chickens out it will make sure to give nuclear weapons to Taiwan.
Anyways this is off topic on this thread.
the South Koreas were betrayed. the South Vietnamese were betrayed. the Kurds are just betrayed. I'm not picking anyone. just state some historical facts. these islands are not US terrority .US acquired these islands only after WWII. this is a post WWII order. no one says this order will not change forever. friends can become enemies and enemies can become friends.

Deathstar

Country flag
the South Koreas were betrayed. the South Vietnamese were betrayed. the Kurds are just betrayed. I'm not picking anyone. just state some historical facts. these islands are not US terrority .US acquired these islands only after WWII.
Thats what Americans will just provide weapons. Can chinese afford destruction of Shanghai , Beijing etc. Most of the Chinese population and economy is situated on its east coast. Even with all the might of the Chinese ,taking Taiwan is not easy ,u will have to suffer losses

smooth manifold

Country flag
Thats what Americans will just provide weapons. Can chinese afford destruction of Shanghai , Beijing etc. Most of the Chinese population and economy is situated on its east coast. Even with all the might of the Chinese ,taking Taiwan is not easy ,u will have to suffer losses
if US could abandon South Vietnam, why US can't abandon Taiwan? I don't think Americans will sacrifice their own lives for Taiwan. US refuses to sell the most advanced weapons to Taiwan like F35. there are reasons. Taiwan can't resist. their generals(lots of them have relatives in mainland china) will defect to China before a full scale invasion. it's just like Crimea but more difficult since Taiwan has a much bigger population.

Last edited:

Deathstar

Country flag
if US could abandon South Vietnam, why US can't abandon Taiwan? I don't think Americans will sacrifice their own lives for Taiwan. US refuses to sell the most advanced weapons to Taiwan like F35. there are reasons. Taiwan can't resist. their generals(lots of them have relatives in mainland china) will defect to China before a full scale invasion. it's just like Crimea but more difficult since Taiwan has a much bigger population.
Its not quite easy as u think. If u believe the Taiwanese will just hand over their land to CCP ,then you are deluded. We will what happens in 2027 if only Xi remains in the office.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Taiwan has American nuclear umbrella
No one uses nuclear weapons. If Chinese need to capture Taiwan they need strongest navy on earth to stop there supplies and let people rot on that island when there spirit is finished take over that area.
No one is going to use nuclear weapons. Conventional war is the reality that's why nations spend so much on defence.
Chinese know this that's why they have created so many conventional subs for sea denial. India also used more conventional subs in 90s because we had threat from bigger navy's. Chinese naval building capabilities are terrific i think in near future they will unofficially have unchallenged superiority in south China sea. no matter how much American aircraft carrier travels from there.

India is focused on countering Chinese in indian ocean only.
Both side nuclear retaliation will mean 2 billion people dead.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
If u believe the Taiwanese will just hand over their land to CCP ,then you are deluded.
Ironically, that is exactly what Americans worry about: Taiwaneses will surrender if US forces doesn't show up within 2 weeks.
Oh, currently, the time is 3 days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles