Chinese Jasmine Revolution Spreads Online

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Aha, the sun still rising from the East! ;)

an equivalent to western attacks is not to attack itself, but to attack the west.
Therefore, it is not the same as honest reporting of Zonaeuropa where they (Zonaeuropa) have produced the Chinese post verbatim criticising the western media and calling them liars!!

JustForLaughs

I mean what I have said.

You are merely obfuscating and enveloping it with a smokescreen.

I mean - Does the Peoples Daily (not blogs) publish news that is carried in the western media, for example, the western media stories that the Chinese system is repressive and that there is no freedom in China?
thats retarded, why would they print that, its not even true.

JustForLaughs

Aha, the sun still rising from the East! ;)

Therefore, it is not the same as honest reporting of Zonaeuropa where they (Zonaeuropa) have produced the Chinese post verbatim criticising the western media and calling them liars!!
uhh, it is true western media are using different pics and saying that was part of the jasmine revolution. it is NOT true that there is no freedom in China.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
uhh, it is true western media are using different pics and saying that was part of the jasmine revolution. it is NOT true that there is no freedom in China.
Freedom is total in China. I think Hu said that when he visited the US. I could be wrong.

I am quite sure there was no Jasmine Revolution, for if it were there, then there would have been some fall out, right?

They were merely some protests as usual and the online issue was some western plant on the cyberspace!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
on issues that ARE true. like corruption, there are ample articles on it. dont need to quote western media just for the sake of it being western. that is silly.

China admits corruption still serious problem in some areas

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-03/05/content_10948561.htm
Of course it is silly to quote the western media.

It can open up the eyes!

Corruption is rampant and so how can one hide it?

And anyway, corruption is a world wide phenomenon and so one can always report it since it would only be a 'one of the many' club and nothing earthshaking to start a revolution!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
21 February 2011 Last updated at 10:22 GMT

China's security tsar warns over 'jasmine revolution'

By Chris Hogg BBC News, Shanghai

China's official in charge of the state security apparatus has warned of the need to find new ways to defuse unrest.

Zhou Yongkang urged senior officials to improve "social management" and "detect conflicts and problems early on", the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

He was speaking at a weekend seminar which took place as an internet campaign tried to provoke a "jasmine revolution" in China.

On Sunday, police dispersed a meeting of people who had answered the call.

In Shanghai, three men were detained. Leading human rights activists and lawyers were taken into police custody in the hours before the protests were due to begin.

But the call for mass participation in the demonstrations went largely unheeded.
'Mass incidents'

Mr Zhou - a member of the Chinese Communist Party's nine-man ruling politburo - is responsible for maintaining law and order in the country.

During the seminar, he also told officials that they needed to build a national database with basic information about Chinese people, Xinhua reported.

Mr Zhou's comments followed others made by senior officials in recent days that suggested the country's leadership was worried about challenges to its rule in the longer term as the country's uneven economic development continues.

Figures published last year suggested the Chinese government spent almost as much on maintaining internal security as on defence.

A leading government think-tank has said there have been 90,000 so-called "mass incidents" - examples of public unrest - in China every year since 2007.

Some in China have questioned whether there was ever a serious plan to get people out onto the streets last week.

Academics said it appeared the government was reacting to "rumours" by arresting activists.

The conditions did not yet exist here for such a mass movement to succeed, they said. The controls on the internet, and out on the streets were too strong.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12522856
I wonder if these are mere protests that are ongoing that is being dubbed as China's Jasmine Revolution.

There is no doubt that the expectation of the Chinese workers and people have increased and they are looking for greater opportunities to increase in pay. Obviously, that is no always feasible if the prices of finished products are to be kept internationally competitive. Hence, there will be a tussle between the management (looking for profits) and workers (looking for better pay and perks).

In addition, if what the Chinese posters state is correct, the Danwei system that looked after the workers interests in social and economic terms is no longer valid in the classical sense, then the workers are on their own to meet their needs and that too, not on easy terms as it was earlier. Therefore, it is a break from the past and is not in conformity of the 'orderly' way life was. Hence, the dissatisfaction would be justifiably palpable.

If again what the Chinese posters state that protests are quite common in China, then maybe this so called 'Jasmine Revolution' of China is but only another of the usual protests.

One wonders if the so called Jasmine Revolution is mere western hype!

If the prices are increased so as meet the aspiration of the labour and the white collar workers, there will be less demand for Chinese good leading to close downs and unemployment.

JustForLaughs

Freedom is total in China. I think Hu said that when he visited the US. I could be wrong.

I am quite sure there was no Jasmine Revolution, for if it were there, then there would have been some fall out, right?

They were merely some protests as usual and the online issue was some western plant on the cyberspace!!
there wasnt. if you think that thing last week was a revolution you are insane. there were more foreign journalists there than protesters.

i already showed Chinese media printing western perspective and openly criticism of itself. you want Chinese media to print something we know is false just because its western source. too stupid.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
there wasnt. if you think that thing last week was a revolution you are insane. there were more foreign journalists there than protesters.

i already showed Chinese media printing western perspective and openly criticism of itself. you want Chinese media to print something we know is false just because its western source. too stupid.
You have showed me nothing.

You are a fervent roader of the Communists and have an acute case of tunnel vision.

Please read my post at Post 127 which states:

If again what the Chinese posters state that protests are quite common in China, then maybe this so called 'Jasmine Revolution' of China is but only another of the usual protests.

One wonders if the so called Jasmine Revolution is mere western hype!

I wonder who is stupid and with the ideal vacuum between his two ears!

I am now convinced that there indeed is a 50 cent Army at work!!!!!

In addition to the pathetic refrain without cogent explanation - Yues are Hans and such bilge!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't know what is your background, but psyops, psywar and disinformation surely is not your forte and hence comprehension.

JustForLaughs

again, your only point after seeing how western media lies in its pics, is to say why Chinese media dont print things like China having no freedom. which is a lie. so basically, Chinese media should just print western stories just because its western. forget about if its wrong or not.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
again, your only point after seeing how western media lies in its pics, is to say why Chinese media dont print things like China having no freedom. which is a lie. so basically, Chinese media should just print western stories just because its western. forget about if its wrong or not.
Look friend, you better wake up.

I don't take kindly to crudeness, which barbarians tend to use.

Don't use the word 'lie'. I have posted links. I maybe misinformed, which I know I am not, but you better not use the words like lie.

This is the second time you have used it.

You claim to know English as you mentioned in your post so proudly, being an overseas Chinese. It is time you display it.

China is afraid to print what the western media states. Because they are steeped in a fear psychosis - fear of their own people and their system of govt.

Western media prints what the Chinese media states without any fear that their people would revolt by Chinese propaganda.

That is the difference.

Got that?

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
No expert on china here ...it seems such a contained country that it seems impossible that external intereference is ever possible ..... if there is any revolution in prc, it has to be something the people feel really strong about especially considering the strength of the police force against them .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks.

Just my point as I stated in Post 127.

In addition, given that the Chinese do not find radical changes very comfortable, unless it is guaranteed to be beneficial, there are hardly any grounds for any revolution or such activities.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I just visited rediff.com, and there is an artcle talking about "Jasmine revolution" in China. However, it is not the article by rediff.com but a comment by an Indian netizen named IMTIAZ KHAN that fascinates me, which I would like to share with both Indian and Chinese members. I think what is said by IMTIAZ KHAN may partly explain India's enthusiasm over such a revolution in China.

David : I completely agree with you. We in India believe a change for democracy in China would be good but fail to realise a succeeding regime would pursue perhaps the same territorial policies.

But an alternative angle is that with an uprising likely to happen today or tomorrow, the moment of turmoil should be ceased by us to ensure Tibet and Xinjiang secede. If that happens then China would have lost 35% of its territory and a big buffer in the form of Tibet would emerge. This does not only help us in ensuring better military security but a succeeding Tibetian regime would be India dependent and friendly which will ensure our water security.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/braman-jasmine-strolls-worry-authorities-in-china/20110301.htm

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I just visited rediff.com, and there is an artcle talking about "Jasmine revolution" in China. However, it is not the article by rediff.com but a comment by an Indian netizen named IMTIAZ KHAN that fascinates me, which I would like to share with both Indian and Chinese members. I think what is said by IMTIAZ KHAN may partly explain India's enthusiasm over such a revolution in China.
We wish Jasmine revolution in China for a free and democratic expression of Chinese people's aspiration and in the process if Xinxiang and Tibet is liberated then its bonus. :D

amoy

Jasmine Revolution - in another perspective - Class/Strata Analysis
Who have benefited the most during CCP's reign? Which Class/Strata is likely to gain or lose the most in the revolution? Do Andhra peasants have the same priorities from Rajasthan landlords? Or is the agenda of Bengali textile workers in convergence with Karnataka enterpreneurs? Regional disparity aside, motivations for a 'revolution' inevitably vary across the spectrum. In that light is there a synergy for 'radical' changes?

By the way it may be misleading to conclude on basis of a few posters who are but a few samples. Like in India the vast majority don't know English nor do they surf on fora. Hardly can their voices be heard by means of blogs or twitters. Their appraisals of the ruling party's performance against its KPIs (key performance indicators, again diverse among 'classes') are sometimes, somehow neglected. What's constantly available are perhaps mostly of a few so-called 'elite in the tower of ivory.

JustForLaughs

Look friend, you better wake up.

I don't take kindly to crudeness, which barbarians tend to use.

Don't use the word 'lie'. I have posted links. I maybe misinformed, which I know I am not, but you better not use the words like lie.

This is the second time you have used it.

You claim to know English as you mentioned in your post so proudly, being an overseas Chinese. It is time you display it.

China is afraid to print what the western media states. Because they are steeped in a fear psychosis - fear of their own people and their system of govt.

Western media prints what the Chinese media states without any fear that their people would revolt by Chinese propaganda.

That is the difference.

Got that?
so you keep saying. yet your own examples of what Chinese media is not printing are wrong. so you are basically pointing out Chinese media doesnt print false things. "no freedom" is simple false.

and if you think Chinese media are going to rely on things like CNN or BBC who are proven to lie in the pictures you are even crazier. these western media have already discredited themselves so dont be surprised if no one bother to re print their news.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
so you keep saying. yet your own examples of what Chinese media is not printing are wrong. so you are basically pointing out Chinese media doesnt print false things. "no freedom" is simple false.

and if you think Chinese media are going to rely on things like CNN or BBC who are proven to lie in the pictures you are even crazier. these western media have already discredited themselves so dont be surprised if no one bother to re print their news.
Its not just CNN or BBC which are showing these pictures or news on Jasmine revolution in China. Go to google news and type "Jasmine revolution China", you will find thousands of articles talking about this. It is also supported by the fact that China has blocked the words like "Jasmine" form the internet. It is for everyone to see that who is scared to see this revolution. So, don't delude yourself that China is being willfully maligned by western media.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2029336/linked-china

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Global Defence

New threads

Articles