China Military News & Updates

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Dont u think its copy of euro copter tiger ???????????????????????????????????????

Remember James bond 007, Golden eye
No, it's not.

China manufactures Eurocopter Dolphin as Z-9.

This is a tandem sit version of it.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
La Tigre, not even close. Dauphin with some modifications. It is the only attack helo China is going to have for a long time. Only good in low altitudes so no threat to India.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Think it looks same as the helicopter used to attack the abottabad building of Osama-Bin-Laden......

ice berg

Think it looks same as the helicopter used to attack the abottabad building of Osama-Bin-Laden......
If you cant see the difference between an heavy armed helo and a light helicopter, then I suggest you go trolling somewhere else.

ROFL, compare z-19 to Apaches......ROFL

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If you cant see the difference between an heavy armed helo and a light helicopter, then I suggest you go trolling somewhere else.

Hope you did not read the first post. The person who posted this himself has told that this is familiar as the design is similar to that the US Coast gaurds fly. This is the post

"Check out these latest photos of China's newest attack helo, the Z-19. The twin-seat bird, an updated version of the Z-9W that's been in service since the 1990s, is just one more example of China's military modernization.

If the chopper's lines look vaguely familiar, it's because the bird is based on the Eurocopter Dauphin series, you know, the same ones the U.S. Coast Guard flies. The Z-9 series are licence-built versions of the Dauphin. Now Beijing has modified it into an attack helo".

Mr. Ice berg I am not here for trolling, instead it is you who is trolling here. Mind your tongue and language. Be careful and do not underestimate anyone.
You do not know anything about me. You have no right to tell that I am trolling around here.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman

Since you are such an expert, could you help enlightening us?

Trolling?

Guess who is talking?!

Ray

The Chairman
They do not have a engine for this Helicopter all models made were with Pratt whitney engines that USA has forced Canada to
stop exporting.

Canadian engine flies Chinese attack helicopter

That is the weakness of China.

They can't make engines or get the designs for the same through the usual means that they normally adopt.

ice berg

Hope you did not read the first post. The person who posted this himself has told that this is familiar as the design is similar to that the US Coast gaurds fly. This is the post

"Check out these latest photos of China's newest attack helo, the Z-19. The twin-seat bird, an updated version of the Z-9W that's been in service since the 1990s, is just one more example of China's military modernization.

If the chopper's lines look vaguely familiar, it's because the bird is based on the Eurocopter Dauphin series, you know, the same ones the U.S. Coast Guard flies. The Z-9 series are licence-built versions of the Dauphin. Now Beijing has modified it into an attack helo".

Mr. Ice berg I am not here for trolling, instead it is you who is trolling here. Mind your tongue and language. Be careful and do not underestimate anyone.
You do not know anything about me. You have no right to tell that I am trolling around here.
Here was your statement:
Think it looks same as the helicopter used to attack the abottabad building of Osama-Bin-Laden.....

You do realise they used Apaches for that mission, right?

Now tell me why this is not trolling when you try a cheap shot like that?

What does the bolded part got to do with the statement of yours?

I say again stop trolling around if you cant see the difference between z-19 and an Apache.

ice berg

Since you are such an expert, could you help enlightening us?

Trolling?

Guess who is talking?!
I am certainly not an expert in this, but at least I know the difference between a light helo and an heavy armed Apache. Mrs, Brigadier.

MOD NOTE: Learn how to address people properly. Take some time off.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

ice berg

They do not have a engine for this Helicopter all models made were with Pratt whitney engines that USA has forced Canada to
stop exporting.

When you cite a 5 years old artikle,which by the way was talking about z-10, the least you could do is actually read it:

Pratt and Whitney Canada's PT6C-67C engine was selected to power the civilian variant while a Chinese-built engine was to power the military model, he said in a statement.

"We sought and received Canadian government approval to provide 10 engines for the development of such platform, and these engines were delivered between 2001 and 2002," Mr. Hamelin said in an e-mail.
But Mr. Hamelin said there were delays with the Chinese engine, so Pratt and Whitney engines "were used during the development of the common platform."

He said since 2002, no other engines have been provided to the Chinese.

wrigsted

Country flag
Here was your statement:
Think it looks same as the helicopter used to attack the abottabad building of Osama-Bin-Laden.....

You do realise they used Apaches for that mission, right?

Now tell me why this is not trolling when you try a cheap shot like that?

What does the bolded part got to do with the statement of yours?

I say again stop trolling around if you cant see the difference between z-19 and an Apache.
No Sir, it was Highly modified H-60s, Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk helicoptes use in Abottabad.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
When you cite a 5 years old artikle,which by the way was talking about z-10, the least you could do is actually read it:

Pratt and Whitney Canada's PT6C-67C engine was selected to power the civilian variant while a Chinese-built engine was to power the military model, he said in a statement.

"We sought and received Canadian government approval to provide 10 engines for the development of such platform, and these engines were delivered between 2001 and 2002," Mr. Hamelin said in an e-mail.
But Mr. Hamelin said there were delays with the Chinese engine, so Pratt and Whitney engines "were used during the development of the common platform."

He said since 2002, no other engines have been provided to the Chinese.
Give me a recent credible article with the engine being used.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The WZ-10 runs on the dozen P&Ws they got before they were cut off by US investigations. There are only three or four testing samples. Chinese wish for their own engine is just a dream. They are importing Turbomeca like it is going out of style. They can't mass produce Z-10.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
The WZ-10 runs on the dozen P&Ws they got before they were cut off by US investigations. There are only three or four testing samples. Chinese wish for their own engine is just a dream. They are importing Turbomeca like it is going out of style. They can't mass produce Z-10.
French don't plan on sending any engines until 2015. How the Chinese are mass producing these helicopters is a mystery.
And the definition of mass production has a new meaning ,only 8 WZ-10 have been built so far? The French engines
will very llikely have a strict no export clause. Defense manufacturers don't need China to be a middleman cutting into
their markets with their own engines,repeating the stupidity of the Russians .

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Turbomeca ships engines and assemblies several times a year. There are hundreds on order. Not for the Z-10. They can't mass produce it as they can't make helicopter engines.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Turbomeca ships engines and assemblies several times a year. There are hundreds on order. Not for the Z-10. They can't mass produce it as they can't make helicopter engines.
They will do what they do best reverse engineer and pass it of as being better than the original.
This sums up almost everything in defense China has done.

Articles