China Military News & Updates

Ray

The Chairman
even if china starts manufacturing huge no of ships and submarine but shouldnt they realize a fact that usa's technology is far far ahead of them... usa is pretty much ahead of china in terms of quality as well as quantity.
in terms of operations in far away land, usa is not only capable but experienced and there experience is of last 100 years. soviet russia showcased many advanced fighters and weapon systems but when it came to manufacturing them and inducting them it was a big disappointment. china is displaying much but its effectiveness is unknown and its deployment is questionable
[COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]​

All said and done, China is closing in fast.

That is the Gospel Truth!

JayATL

Here is a fact. If indeed chinese arsenal be it aircrafts or ships are of true might- why can't we see any benchmarking done on them? What I mean by it is, take a look at it's submarines... supposedly large in numbers and mighty but then you read this China's Noisy Subs Get Busier -- And Easier to Track | Danger Room | Wired.com ( [h=1]China's Noisy Subs Get Busier — And Easier to Track )[/h]We are yet to see any serious analysis ( independent) done on J 10, J17 and many others. Nobody knows if they are worthy or just hype, because china holds it so close to their chest. Is it because , just like the supposedly great submarines they make- turn out to be so noisy ? do they not want anyone to know the true depth of their other hardware?

I'll take their word on missiles, but rest of so claimed technology. I'll reserve any " great or good" accolade till we see them in action.

ice berg

Here is a fact. If indeed chinese arsenal be it aircrafts or ships are of true might- why can't we see any benchmarking done on them? What I mean by it is, take a look at it's submarines... supposedly large in numbers and mighty but then you read this China's Noisy Subs Get Busier -- And Easier to Track | Danger Room | Wired.com ( China's Noisy Subs Get Busier — And Easier to Track )

We are yet to see any serious analysis ( independent) done on J 10, J17 and many others. Nobody knows if they are worthy or just hype, because china holds it so close to their chest. Is it because , just like the supposedly great submarines they make- turn out to be so noisy ? do they not want anyone to know the true depth of their other hardware?

I'll take their word on missiles, but rest of so claimed technology. I'll reserve any " great or good" accolade till we see them in action.
China plays down her capacity. The west plays up her capacity. It is a game. Get used to it.

JayATL

China plays down her capacity. The west plays up her capacity. It is a game. Get used to it.
that's your take on it? west does not have to play it up, it backs it up ...

If anything, nobody plays it down- why would you? only reason you are silent is because,well, look at your submarines. They turned out to be amateur technologies.

illusion8

Lets forget for a moment of chinese warships and subs as laymen lets just review any chinese product that we have come across, chinese pistols are crap compared to colt or a glock. I haven't come across a chinese quality product till date let it be cigerette lighters or LED lights, toys or any crappy electronics till date in India. chinese goods are cheap and crappy, agreed the products are useful to a certain degree and cheap but doesn't rank up as quality products. What else can u expect from products assembled by part time factory workers and part time farmers. Also they are masters in forgery, I still cannot forget chinese made swiss watches i have seen a while back in India selling for 2000 Rs.

noob101

Also the US military planners, strategists and ship commanders are of a much better quality and experience than the PLAN, they given a higher degree of independence. And they have much more experience from the days of the world war 2.

plus numbers wise US ships are much better quality with all the older ships being upgraded constantly to current standards the older PLAN ships are little more than rust buckets not much useful for anything other than coastal defense if that.

Last edited:

illusion8

Hypothetical situation : War breaks out The US navy takes on PLAN - end result - my bet is PLAN will run away with their collective tails between their legs.

Illusive

Country flag
One hell of a navy China is building. Every body knows what US can do, while China hasn't shown any naval might(in terms of war), so everybody seems to underestimate it. But not US and defiantly not India.

ice berg

that's your take on it? west does not have to play it up, it backs it up ...

If anything, nobody plays it down- why would you? only reason you are silent is because,well, look at your submarines. They turned out to be amateur technologies.
The west plays up Chinas capacity....sigh

How you gonna keep selling weapons if you dont play the China card?

If you think China has no reason to play down her capacity, then so be it.

Ray

The Chairman
China has been slowly and surely building up its military might.

There is no secret in that.

It is not that the US is undertaking scare mongering, it is China's actions that itself is showcasing their might and intent.

And why not?

China, after all, has made a Great Leap Forward from the days of Mao in not only their economy, but also in their military power.

ice berg

Troll alarm. Request the mods to close this thread. It has served the purpose.

Bhadra

Country flag
Great show to make the world more interesting and our forum more active!
The forum will remain active with denial of visa only.
But is piracy that big a threat in Malacca strait ? Pirate threaten China?? Are they Indian pirates or Malaysians and Thais??

Bhadra

Country flag
We are yet to see any serious analysis ( independent) done on J 10, J17 and many others. Nobody knows if they are worthy or just hype, because china holds it so close to their chest. Is it because , just like the supposedly great submarines they make- turn out to be so noisy ? do they not want anyone to know the true depth of their other hardware?
They are not in the markets yet except J17 and whatever is in the market is worth Pakistan only ??

H.A.

Z - 19 China's newest attack HELO

Check out these latest photos of China's newest attack helo, the Z-19. The twin-seat bird, an updated version of the Z-9W that's been in service since the 1990s, is just one more example of China's military modernization.

If the chopper's lines look vaguely familiar, it's because the bird is based on the Eurocopter Dauphin series, you know, the same ones the U.S. Coast Guard flies. The Z-9 series are licence-built versions of the Dauphin. Now Beijing has modified it into an attack helo.

Blackwater

Dont u think its copy of euro copter tiger ???????????????????????????????????????

Remember James bond 007, Golden eye

Last edited:

Articles