China Military News & Updates

Now what remains a puzzle is, did NoKo designed the plutonium bomb by itself or were they given the design by some one else?.
The first bomb was all NK design. They were trying for a warhead to fit ontop of the Nadoong rockets. From what I can deduced from open source, it is not a Chinese design because the tritium is either non-existing or way too small or not in the correct proportions to known Chinese warheads.

The 2nd test we don't know squat and there are strong indications that it was faked.

advaita

we havent intended to use nukes to against India, even before India had nukes, it is your illusion that we are threating you, so "deter china" is just an excuse for India to develop nukes.
Common wiki stuff
On 17 September 1965, while the Indo-Pak war was on, India received a letter from China. In the letter, China alleged that the Indian army had set up army equipment in Chinese territory, and India would face China's wrath, unless the equipments are pulled down. In spite of the threat of aggression from China, Shastri declared "China's allegation is untrue. If China attacks India it is our firm resolve to fight for our freedom. The might of China will not deter us from defending our territorial integrity."[19]. The Chinese did not respond, but the Indo-Pak war resulted in great personnel and material casualties for both Pakistan and India.

Everyone include indian will feel insulted if his/her country is described as "other's attack dog", I hope our discussion can be carried on in a polite way. I suggest that such sentence should never appear during our further discussion.
It is great that India can establish the NFU policy, it indicates that india is a responsible country. But it doesnt mean Pakistan must have that policy ,too. And it shouldn't be surprised that Pakistan doesnt observe such policy, neither do coutries like US and Russia. Pakistan is a sovereign country, she can determine what policy she wants to take. And again, the relationship between China and Pakistan is normal and equal, we respect the decision they have made.
Common wiki stuff
TIME magazine reported that India held 690 mi2 of Pakistan territory while Pakistan held 250 mi2 of Indian territory in Kashmir and Rajasthan. Additionally, Pakistan had lost almost half its armour temporarily.[48] The same article stated that -
Severely mauled by the larger Indian armed forces, Pakistan could continue the fight only by teaming up with Red China and turning its back on the U.N.

Antimony

I am so sad that i have heard so much about preparing for war with china, but i have never heard something about preparing for peace with china.
There is not going to be peace if you convince youself there wont be.
There is going to be war eventually if you convince youself there will be.
May god bless China and India!
Hey Nimo,

Apparently your fellow countryman believes differently about your intentions as a nation

The US&India's dominance of Indian ocean is a impede of restoring of China's glory of the past.But we have intelligence and patience,we will get the achievement just we did in the past.In the early of Han dynasty,China was besieged by Huns.It took 3 emperors' lifetime from start of accumulating power to first strike back against Huns.After a series of expeditions lasting 127 years From Wu emperor's crown to Xuan emperor's.Finally,Huns were driven out from china,they fled to Europe.

In the case of Malacca&India ocean predicament.We should learn something from history.Following Deng Xiaoping's guideline,who had the same family name with me,is a proper way.His word is “韬光养晦,有所作为”.I have no idea of its proper interpreting.Simple interpreting is "Hide your true capacity,do something in proper time.
Can there be a clearer way of announcing your intent?:wink:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Then why did China proliferate its nukes to a rogue country like Pakistan which it again proliferated to more rogue countries like NoKo, Iran etc. Did China behaved like a responsible country by giving such goodies to irresponsible nation.
You should be aware that you are making a very serious accusation by saying that China proliferated its nukes to other country. Since China have signed "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", what you are suggesting is that China have violated that treaty. I hope you can give me very hard evidence that can directly prove China have done that. I have some questions to ask you, my english is not very good, but i wil try my best to express clearly.

Have either China or Pakistan admitted that China have given nukes to Pakistan?

If China have violated the treaty as you suggested, did the IAEA initiate a investigation on that, if it did, did the investigation reached a conclusion that China had done that and China had violated the treaty?

What i mean by asking these questions is that, just like in reality, person A may claim person B have done something bad, A turns the case to the court and may provide some evidences which he believes can support the accusation. But before the judge deems B have done that, everyone should keep his/her mouth shut.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Hey Nimo,

Apparently your fellow countryman believes differently about your intentions as a nation

Can there be a clearer way of announcing your intent?:wink:
Deng has said there are two main themes in the future - development and peace, what msaterofsea said focuses on development and mine focuses on peace.

Since China have signed "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", what you are suggesting is that China have violated that treaty.
Technically, the PRC did not violate the NPT since the proliferation was done before 1996, the year the PRC signed.

Admitted? No, caught red handed, yes. Read the following link.

http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/as...ry-developments-discussions-47.html#post60321

Daredevil

On Vacation!
You should be aware that you are making a very serious accusation by saying that China proliferated its nukes to other country. Since China have signed "Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons", what you are suggesting is that China have violated that treaty. I hope you can give me very hard evidence that can directly prove China have done that. I have some questions to ask you, my english is not very good, but i wil try my best to express clearly.

If China have violated the treaty as you suggested, did the IAEA initiate a investigation on that, if it did, did the investigation reached a conclusion that China had done that and China had violated the treaty?

What i mean by asking these questions is that, just like in reality, person A may claim person B have done something bad, A turns the case to the court and may provide some evidences which he believes can support the accusation. But before the judge deems B have done that, everyone should keep his/her mouth shut.
Listen smart boy, I never talked about any treaty, so don't put words in my mouth. I said, China has given nukes to an irresponsible nation which has illegally proliferated to other rogue countries. By giving nukes to a rogue nation (Pakistan) China didn't behave as a responsible country.

But then you have never answered many points that I have raised and trying digress from what we started on.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
China urges US to end military surveillance near its shores​

Beijing, Aug 28(ANI): After a series of territorial disputes between China and US earlier this year, China has urged US to reduce, and eventually end the military surveillance, which it does by both aircraft and ships near its shores. The Chinese Ministry of National Defense made the request during a session about maritime safety involving the countries on Thursday, which came after both the countries agreed to resume military relations during the two-day Strategic and Economic Dialogue (SAED) held in Washington in July.

"China believes the constant US military air and sea surveillance and survey operations in China's exclusive economic zone led to military confrontations between the two sides," The China Daily quoted a ministry official, as saying. "The way to resolve China-US maritime incidents is for the US to change its surveillance and survey operations policies against China. Decrease and eventually stop such operations," the official added. Chinese ships have confronted US surveillance ships near its territory on five occasions.

Meanwhile, spokeswoman at the US Embassy in China Susan Stevenson, confirmed the report about the request, and said that US government position has not changed. Stevenson further supported an earlier statement made by US Undersecretary of Defense Michele Flournoy, which said that the US "exercises its freedom of navigation while putting emphasis on taking care to avoid any unwanted incidents". The US says that waters 12 miles from China's shoreline are open to shipping, while China says that US should not venture without permission inside its 200-mile exclusive economic zone. (ANI)

Link

nimo_cn

Country flag
Listen smart boy, I never talked about any treaty, so don't put words in my mouth. I said, China has given nukes to an irresponsible nation which has illegally proliferated to other rogue countries. By giving nukes to a rogue nation (Pakistan) China didn't behave as a responsible country.

But then you have never answered many points that I have raised and trying digress from what we started on.
My friend, all i want to suggest is that it is irresponsible to say that other people has done something illegal before the judge rules.

As for other points u have raised such as giving nukes to countries like Vietnam. I think u have the answer already. China will object that, it would threaten the security of China, and it would threaten the security of the whole world.The rest of the world will object that,too.

nimo_cn

Country flag
China urges US to end military surveillance near its shores​

The US says that waters 12 miles from China's shoreline are open to shipping, while China says that US should not venture without permission inside its 200-mile exclusive economic zone. (ANI)

Link
I want to know if the waters 12 miles form USA's shoreline are open to shipping.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
China to Unveil New Missiles At National Day Parade

BY : PEOPLE
China will unveil a range of previously unknown missiles during its National Day parade Oct. 1, including intercontinental ballistic nuclear missiles, state media said Sept. 2.
New hardware on display also will include conventional cruise missiles, and both short- and medium-range missiles, the Global Times newspaper reported, citing an unnamed People’s Liberation Army source. “These missiles are domestically designed and manufactured and have never been officially reported before,” the source, who is with the PLA’s strategic missile defense unit, was quoted as saying.
The weapons have already been distributed to the military and are ready for operation, the source said. China’s missile development program has caused concern overseas, particularly in the United States, amid projections that it could soon tip the security balance in the Taiwan Strait. An August report by the Rand Corporation, a U.S. think-tank, said China was increasing both the quantity and quality of its short-range ballistic missiles, which could challenge the United States’ ability to protect Taiwan from possible attack.
China also caused alarm overseas in 2007 when it successfully tested an anti-satellite missile, raising fears of a space arms race. China issued a military policy white paper earlier this year, saying its missile program was aimed mainly at “deterrence.” However, it added it was also capable of “conducting nuclear counter-attacks and precision strikes with conventional missiles.”
China will stage a huge military parade and pageant Oct. 1 in Beijing to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of communist China. The parades, held every 10 years, typically showcase new-generation weapons systems and are closely scrutinized by both domestic and foreign military watchers for clues about Chinese development trends.
The expert quoted by the Global Times did not reveal the model names or numbers of the missiles. However, missiles believed to have been developed by China include the Dongfeng 41, a solid-fuel ICBM with an estimated range of up to 7,500 miles (12,000 kilometers). The missile would be China’s longest-range ICBM, according to U.S.-based GlobalSecurity.org, a leading independent source of military information.
China to Unveil New Missiles At National Day Parade IDRW.ORG

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Five types of missiles to debut on National Day

www.chinaview.cn
2009-09-02 09:33:25
Print
BEIJING, Sept. 2 -- China will showcase five new types of domestically designed missiles at the Oct. 1 National Day parade, a leading missile expert from the Second Artillery Force, revealed Tuesday.
A number of advanced weapons of air and sea forces will also be on display, other sources said.
Five types of missiles, including nuclear intercontinental ballistic missiles, conventional cruise missiles and medium-range and short-range conventional missiles, will be displayed for the first time at the highly anticipated military parade, said the expert, who asked to remain anonymous and has been closely following the preparations of the strategic force of the People's Liberation Army (PLA).
"These missiles are domestically designed and manufactured and have never been officially reported before," he said, adding that they belong to a second generation of missiles that have already been distributed to the military and are ready for operation.
He declined to disclose the model numbers of the missiles, citing state-secrecy reasons.
"The third generation is still under development and is unlikely to be displayed this time," he said.
Military aficionados have been expecting to see the Dongfeng 41, known as the DF-41, and the CSS-X-10, which is said to be a third-generation, solid-fuel, intercontinental ballistic missile.
While China is a late starter in the milssile development, compared with the US and Russia – countries equipped with fifth-generation missiles and in the process of developing sixth-generation missiles – it has made rapid progress, the expert said.
"Our second generation can match their third and fourth generations, and the third generation under development is comparable to their fifth and sixth generations," he said.
Progress made by the Second Artillery Force in the decade since the last military parade in 1999 will be highlighted at the Oct. 1 event, with marching soldiers and vehicles carrying missiles, three for every type.
"The force has created weaponry and equipment with nuclear and conventional missiles, both solid-fuel and liquid-fuel missiles, with different launching ranges, quick emergency response and precision strikes," he said.
The Second Artillery Force is a strategic unit under the direct command and control of the Central Military Commission, and the core force of China for strategic deterrence, according to a white paper entitled "China's National Defense in 2008," issued earlier this year by the Information Office of the State Council.
One of the force's responsibilities is "conducting nuclear counterattacks," the paper said.
"The statement indicates that the force can survive a nuclear attack before carrying out a counterattack. Any country that attempts to attack China with nuclear weapons must get ready for revenge, even if it has an anti-missile system," the expert said, adding that China's nuclear missiles, though few in number, have a high strike accuracy and formidable power.
A new submarine-launched ballistic missile, Julang 2, also known as JL-2 and CSS-NX-4, is also highly anticipated by fans of military hardware to make an appearance at the parade. It is said to have a maximum range of 8,000 kilometers and be designed to be installed onboard current and next-generation Chinese nuclear-powered submarines.
Li Jie, a naval expert, didn't exclude the possibility of Julang-2's appearance on Oct. 1. Li told the Global Times that the navy would showcase some types of ship-to-ship missile, ship-to-air missile and multiple rocket launchers at the parade.
"Maybe two to three of them will be unveiled for the first time," Li said. "The new weapons will help enhance the navy's combat capability in any future sea war."
Dai Xu, an air force colonel and military strategist, told the Global Times that a large part of the weaponry and equipment of the air force would be showcased at the parade, including third-generation warplanes, land-to-air missiles and sophisticated radar equipment.
"The backbone warplanes of the major military powers in the world are third generation. The qualities of some of our warplanes are at a level that is advanced in terms of the rest of the world," Dai said.
Li Daguang, a senior military expert at the PLA University of National Defense, emphasized that the military parade is not for saber rattling but aims to promote national pride, confidence and awareness of national defense.
"Some countries, observing China's parade with colored glasses, show off their weapons around the world on the battlefield instead," Li said.
Li Jie argued that the parade can reflect the current situation and tendency of China's military weaponry, as well as a way of showing China's military openness and transparency, and how it is aligned with international military standards.
According to the arrangement, President Hu Jintao will offer a keynote address at the huge celebration at Tian'anmen Square on Oct. 1, followed by the military parade and a mass pageant involving 200,000 people, 60 floats and a fireworks display.

Five types of missiles to debut on National Day_English_Xinhua

sayareakd

Country flag
we should put our satellites on the chines capital to get first shorts of the missiles.

mig-29

China aims to become the fifth major player in commercial aircraft manufacturing

China is trying to become the fifth major player in commercial aircraft manufacturing, but it is unclear whether the "China-made" product can be a commercial success.No-one doubts that commercial aircraft can be manufactured in the country, but whether its aircraft can succeed against established players such as Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer is another question. The newly formed Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac) is spearheading the initiative. This Shanghai-based company is headed by two political heavyweights - chairman Zhang Qingwei and president Jin Zhuanglong.

Zhang was previously minister of China's Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defence and Jin was a vice-minister. Both men are credited with managing China's successful space programme, which in September 2008 put the first Chinese astronauts into space. Zhang is higher on the political ladder than Lin Zuoming, China Aviation Industry Corporation's president, and Comac was formed in May 2008 by taking key businesses from AVIC. These were AVIC I Commercial Aircraft (ACAC), Shanghai Aircraft (SAC) and aircraft design outfit First Aircraft Institute.

ACAC is responsible for China's ARJ21-700 regional jet programme. So far three ARJ21s have been built for the test programme and six test aircraft will be built, including one for fatigue testing and one for static testing. ACAC has recently transferred an ARJ21 to the national flight test centre in Xian.

ORDER CLAIM

The company claims to have orders for more than 200 ARJ21s, but some are letters of intent or memoranda of understanding. Its largest customer is Shenzhen Airlines' Kunpeng Airlines, which on 21 December 2007 - during a nationally televised roll-out of the ARJ21 - signed a firm order for 50 ARJ21s with options for 50 more. In March, Kunpeng disclosed that it will be the launch operator of the ARJ21 and is due to receive its first ARJ21 by the end of 2010.

The launch customer was to have been Shandong Airlines, which has a firm order for 10 aircraft, but it has delayed getting ARJ21s. A new timeframe for delivery has yet to be determined. There are also doubts over Shanghai Airlines' order for five ARJ21s now that China Eastern Airlines is taking over the smaller Shanghai carrier. China Eastern has a mandate from the government to do whatever it takes to be profitable, even if it means delaying or cancelling aircraft on order.

Shenzhen Financial Leasing has a firm order for 20 and GE Commercial Aviation Services has ordered five. But Shenzhen Financial Leasing in 2000 ordered 60 Xian MA60s, although received only a handful because it was unable to find customers for the aircraft, particularly in China. It is unclear whether Shenzhen Financial Leasing and GECAS can find customers in China for the ARJ21 because of the impediments that inhibit the growth of regional aviation in the country. Today there are about 1,300 commercial aircraft in China, but only 110 are regional aircraft, accounting for 7-8% of the total commercial fleet. In the USA and Europe regional aircraft account for 43% and 36% respectively.

Beijing has told carriers that there needs to be more air services in western China and other remote regions. Governments, particularly provincial governments in these remote areas, have been offering subsidies to those that operate on new regional routes, but the carriers appear slow to take up the offer. An analysis by Embraer China, using publicly available information from the Civil Aviation Administration of China, shows that at the end of 2008 China had 152 commercial airports, with 47 accounting for 96% of the total passenger traffic. There are 98 airports with fewer than 10 flights a day.

Embraer's analysis also reveals that there were 470,000 flights last year with fewer than 100 passengers on board aircraft with more than 150 seats. ACAC has attempted to promote regional aircraft to Chinese airlines but, like Bombardier and Embraer, faces an uphill battle, with one of the hurdles being that regional aircraft such as the ARJ21 have a higher cost per available seat kilometre than larger aircraft. Airlines in China have done little to differentiate their service and have resorted to discounting air tickets. Passengers generally book with whichever airline is the cheapest, which means carriers are focused on protecting their yields by reducing operating costs as measured by cost per ASK. On regional routes it is difficult to charge a premium to make up for the higher cost per ASK.

Because passengers are used to cheap fares on trunk routes, they are unwilling to pay more to fly on regional routes. Pilot shortages also remain a problem and inhibit the growth of regional aviation. Traditionally pilots who operate regional aircraft earn less than pilots flying larger aircraft. But because of the shortage, regional aircraft pilots are demanding the same as their counterparts who fly narrowbodies such as Airbus A320s and Boeing 737s. Some also prefer large aircraft because they can operate on longer routes, making it easier to generate the flight hours used to calculate wages. Pilots of regional aircraft, which generally fly shorter routes, must perform more take-offs and landings to generate the same amount of flight hours.

All these factors work against regional aviation and have led to Chinese airlines ordering larger aircraft from Airbus and Boeing - China accounts for 15% of Airbus's total sales. But China is no longer content to just keep ordering aircraft from the two industry giants. This explains why Comac has taken the ambitious step of starting to develop a 130- to 200-seat jet aircraft, the Comac 919. Comac aims to have the 919 enter service in 2016 and the company is working on the design and seeking suppliers for the engines, landing gear and avionics. Some industry observers are concerned Comac may be stretching its resources too thin by pursuing two commercial aircraft programmes simultaneously.

Many involved in the ARJ21 programme are also assigned to work on the 919. There are also concerns 2016 may be too soon for the aircraft. China wants the 919 to enter the market before Airbus and Boeing have a chance to launch new narrowbodies. But another goal the government has set the nation's aerospace firms is that they be more involved in the development of aircraft systems, which will take time. AVIC Engines, for example, is bidding to supply the engines to power the 919. The firm is open to partnering Western engine makers, but wants to develop new and technologically advanced engines and own the intellectual property rights.

The tight deadline for service entry means some Western suppliers are predicting Comac will end up choosing systems in existence today that are proven and tested. So far Comac has yet to secure launch customers for the 919 and Chinese carriers are more unwilling to order Chinese aircraft simply to please the government, becoming increasingly adept at getting out of aircraft deals, as evident by Shandong Airlines' handling of its ARJ21 order.

Concerns also persist over whether Comac can properly support its products in China and overseas to the level airlines have become accustomed to. As Shanghai Airlines' chairman Zhou Chi said in 2003, Chinese aircraft makers in the past have "not had a perfect [after-sales] service system" and Shanghai Airlines hopes Chinese aircraft makers can raise their game. He made the remarks soon after Shanghai Airlines ordered five ARJ21s and added that ACAC had "promised to build a nice after-sales support system". ACAC is building a customer support centre in Shanghai to support Shanghai Airlines and other Chinese customers, but it may take decades for aircraft makers to develop a comprehensive international support network.

View attachment 1057

View attachment 1058

ASIAN DEFENCE: China aims to become the fifth major player in commercial aircraft manufacturing

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
we should put our satellites on the chines capital to get first shorts of the missiles.
You want a satellite to take pics when you can get better pictures of it in the papers and the internet the next day. :rolleyes:

The National Day parade is beamed on CCTV as well, all over the world. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sayareakd

Country flag
You want a satellite to take pics when you can get better pictures of it in the papers and the internet the next day. :rolleyes:

The National Day parade is beamed on CCTV as well, all over the world. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
kummunist you are missing the point here, if our satellite take the pic from the parade, then it will be ours to be compaire in future, with actual deployment near our border. it will be in our data base.

they want to show it to the world, we will put that pic in our data base.

i hope you got the point.

tanay

Hi all,
This is my first post to the forum.
I like to draw your attention towards the recent Chinese troop movement along side a ridge in Bhutan called 'Jampheri ridge'. This place is very near to Indo-Bhutan-China trijunction, overlooking the disputed area of Dolham Plateau. The plain land of Bengal is just 2hrs Journey from here. This report was published in the Kolkata edition of TOI on 3rd of September.

Articles