China Economy: News & Discussion

badguy2000

Respected Member
guys, let me show you how china today works.....

1. most post-80s(born after 1980s,I mean) chinese youth

they might be office boys/girls in modern office

or workers along assembling-line

or Couriers

or waiters

2. whatever those youth are, most of their parents might still live a retired life in their home villages and are like this

badguy2000

Respected Member
3. so, what would happen to those elegant chinese youth,when they return to home village for week-long chinese-new-year vacation accompanying their villager parents ?

here are some funny pictures
it shows how abruptly urbanization has reforged/reshaped china during the past 2 decades.

most of indians here never noticed that most elegant Chinese youth in CHinese cities are peasant-borm boys/girls.

without the economy successs, those elegant peasant-born chinese youth would be just poor slumdogs.

or

if india had a economy as successful as China, many slum-boy would be as elegant as those chinese youth.

it is the aburpt urbanizaiton/modernaization that raises those chinese youth to modern life.

left( elegant urban daily life ) VS right( the same guy during Chineese new year vacaiton accompanying with their parent in rural home villages)

http://digi.163.com/16/0212/10/BFK855NM0016688K.html[
http://wemedia.ifeng.com/49967106/wemedia.shtml

http://i1.bvimg.com/632324/ed253f3870377a44.jpg

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
still
before returning home VS after returning home
those pictures proves :

however elegant chinese youth are in their daily urbanized life, they would have been the most unelegant peasant boys/girls ,if China's economy had not grew so rapidly.

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

EU Nations in eastern Europe, like Hungary, Cezch, their office worker are even lower than this, somewhere like 800-1000 Euro per month...

or Couriers

or waiters

2. whatever those youth are, most of their parents might still live a retired life in their home villages and are like this

3. so, what would happen to those urbanized chinese youth,when they return to home village for week-long chinese-new-year vacation accompanying their villager parents ?

here are some funny pictures
it shows how abrupt/wide the huge gap between urbanized china VS rural China is.

left( urban daily life ) VS right( week-long vacation life with their parent in rural home villages)

http://digi.163.com/16/0212/10/BFK855NM0016688K.html[

http://i1.bvimg.com/632324/ed253f3870377a44.jpg
Entirely off topic....

Do you understand what Macro Economics is!!!???

It is not one person buying a car, it is no of cars sold in one area (China, in the current case) in a given period of time.

If you have nothing to say, just stay out of this thread.

I don't deny that people's lifestyle isn't improving in China.

According to some reports, in the last 2-3 decades China pulled more people out of poverty than entire world combined. We get it.........but poverty and Macro Economics both are not same.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

or Couriers

or waiters

How do their old retired parents earn a living? Are they supported by their children or does the government provide for them? Do they generally stay with their children?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Entirely off topic....

Do you understand what Macro Economics is!!!???

It is not one person buying a car, it is no of cars sold in one area (China, in the current case) in a given period of time.

If you have nothing to say, just stay out of this thread.

I don't deny that people's lifestyle isn't improving in China.

According to some reports, in the last 2-3 decades China pulled more people out of poverty than entire world combined. We get it.........but poverty and Macro Economics both are not same.
1.macro economics success consists of millions of mirco success.
and millions of mirco success constitutes a maro success.

if governments tell you macro economy is a success but all around you are failures, governments usually are lying.

if all around you are full of succeuss but west medias insist telling you the macro economy is a failures, you of course have reasons to assure west medias are either idiots or are lying.( I do not think they are idiots)

2. the change in CHina is by far beyond 'lifting people out of poverty', it is lifting CHina from 'pre-industrialized soceity' to industrialzied one.

China was a pre-industrialized society once ,just like India when I was a students in 1980s-1990s.

But now, China can harldy still be called a 'pre-industrialized society' any more.(after all, few Chinese youth live on planting crops now ,while 70% of CHinese lived on planting crops 20 years ago)

and the life-style in one industrialzied society is completely different from that in
pre-industrialized one.

20 years ago, most Chinese life-style was alike most indians'/africans'/egyptians' one ,but now it is different.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
BTW.

I still remember:

several years ago,When I had a dinner in a neat cafe nearby Ankor wat, one combodian boy in rags with nake feet sneaked in and hawked cards to me.( 5 cards cost 1$).

when I refused such hawks by saying ' I have no money.......', the boy got a bit angry and shouted at me :'if you had no money, you would not stay here and have such a expensive dinner.....'

at the word, I found suddenly that the cafe was full of foreigners and there was hardly combodians having dinners here.......maybe a 10$-dinner here was indeed too expensive to local people.

I looked around ,and found all(roads/houses/salaries/real life quality....) there were quite like ones in China 20-30 years ago and the poor angry combodian boy in rags was quite alike many chinese boys 20-30 years ago.

I couldn't help mumbleing to my wife nearby: ' we once was as poor as they.....and thanks for the god, we are not so poor any more。。。。。。'

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

1.macro economics success consists of millions of mirco success.
and millions of mirco success constitutes a maro success.

if governments tell you macro economy is a success but all around you are failures, governments usually are lying.

if all around you are full of succeuss but west medias insist telling you the macro economy is a failures, you of course have reasons to assure west medias are either idiots or are lying.( I do not think they are idiots)

2. the change in CHina is by far beyond 'lifting people out of poverty', it is lifting CHina from 'pre-industrialized soceity' to industrialzied one.

China was a pre-industrialized society once ,just like India when I was a students in 1980s-1990s.

But now, China can harldy still be called a 'pre-industrialized society' any more.(after all, few Chinese youth live on planting crops now ,while 70% of CHinese lived on planting crops 20 years ago)

and the life-style in one industrialzied society is completely different from that in
pre-industrialized one.

20 years ago, most Chinese life-style was alike most indians'/africans'/egyptians' one ,but now it is different.
To say you're a successful macro economy, you don't put forth a million stories, but the amount of units you sold. Like I said, silly logics don't work in macro economics.

Tell me, in your countries growth rate do you put the numbers(of sales, purchases, profits, losses) or smiling pics!!??

No one denied about the status of chinese people!!!

Talk about the recent deals, units sold in the last quarter, possible estimations for coming quarters, govt plans on energy security, new investment projects, forecasts and predictions about chinese economy by other financial rating institutions.....

No the smiling pics, individual succes stories....These don't give you the whole picture.

badguy2000

Respected Member
To say you're a successful macro economy, you don't put forth a million stories, but the amount of units you sold. Like I said, silly logics don't work in macro economics.

Tell me, in your countries growth rate do you put the numbers(of sales, purchases, profits, losses) or smiling pics!!??

No one denied about the status of chinese people!!!

Talk about the recent deals, units sold in the last quarter, possible estimations for coming quarters, govt plans on energy security, new investment projects, forecasts and predictions about chinese economy by other financial rating institutions.....

No the smiling pics, individual succes stories....These don't give you the whole picture.
there are such discussions about 'unit sold' on the page of 72-73

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/china-economy-news-discussion.2744/page-73

well,just study the following data, you can easily find that :

1. per capita electricy consumpiton can tell the extent of industrialization.
4000KWH seems to be the threshold of industrialized economies.
Generally speaking, those economies can be looked on as a 'industralized economies ,when its per capita electricty consumption is more than 4000KWH

so,
CHina(4500-5000KWH) and Chile(4000-5000KWH) will be industrialized economies soon,if it is not yet.
the industrialization of India(1000-1300KWH) is still in early phrase.

2. auto sale per 1K residents can tell the real quality of life.
China's one(20.3) is the most of developing economies and even more than many of industrialized economies like Poland,Taiwan,Hungary,Russia and Greece.It means that the real life quality of Chinese might be much higher than its per nominal GDP(8K) shows.

3. both auto sale per 1K residents and per capita electricity show that S.korea might be the main candidate of the next member of G7 club( 'highly industrialzaed economies').

4. the real quality of life in many 'moderate industrialzied economies' might be lower than many devloping economies,such as Greece,Russia and Taiwan ,according to auto sale per 1K residents.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highly industrialized economies
1.Canada, per capita elctricity consumption 20000+ KWH,every 1K residents bought 54.8 autos, per nomial GDP 50000+ USD;
2.USA,per capita elctricity consumption 14000+ KWH,every 1K residents bought 55.1 autos , per nomial GDP 50000+ USD;
3.UK.per capita elctricity consumption 5000-6000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 47.6 autos, per nomial GDP 40000+ USD;
4.German,per capita elctricity consumption 8000-9000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 44.9 autos, per nomial GDP 40000+ USD;
5.Japan,per capita elctricity consumption 8000-9000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 39.2 autos, per nomial GDP 37000+ USD;
6.France,per capita elctricity consumption 8000-9000 KWH, every 1K residents bought 38.4 autos,per nomial GDP 38000+ USD;
7.Italy,per capita elctricity consumption 4500-5000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 33.5 autos, per nomial GDP 30000+ USD;

Moderate industrialized economies:
8.S.Korea, ,every 1K residents bought 35.9 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 10000+ KWHper nominal GDP 27000+ USD;
9.Spain,every 1K residents bought 29.1 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 5000-6000 KWH,per nominal GDP 27000+ USD;

10.Czech,per capita elctricity consumption 8000-9000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 27.6 autos, per nominal GDP 18000+ USD;
11.Portugal,every 1K residents bought 23.7 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 5000-6000 KWH,per nominal GDP 19000+ USD;
12.Poland,every 1K residents bought 13.33 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 4000-5000 KWH,per nominal GDP 12000+ USD;
13.Hungary,every 1K residents bought 12.6 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 3000-4000 KWH,per nominal GDP 11000+ USD;

14.Taiwan,every 1K residents bought 11.1 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 10000+ KWH
per nominal GDP 22000+ USD;
15.Russia,]per capita elctricity consumption 7000-8000 KWH,every 1K residents bought 9.8 autos,per nominal GDP 8000-14000 USD;
16.Greece,every 1K residents bought 8.8 autos,]per capita elctricity consumption 5000-6000 KWH,per nominal GDP 19000+ USD;

Mid-income developing economies:
17.china, every 1K residents bought 20.3 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 4000-5000 KWH, per nomial GDP 8000+ USD;
18.chile,every 1K residents bought 17.6 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 4000-5000 KWH,per nomial GDP 12900+ USD;
19.Argentina, every 1K residents bought 16.3 autos, per capita elctricity consumption 3000-4000 KWH, per nomial GDP 12000+ USD;
mid-income economies with slums
20.Turkey,every 1K residents bought 12.8 autos, per capita elctricity consumption 3000-4000 KWH, per nomial GDP 9000+ USD;
21.Brazil,every 1K residents bought 9.9 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 2000-3000 KWH, per nomial GDP 10000+ USD;
22.Mexico,every 1K residents bought 13.5 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 2000-3000 KWH, per nomial GDP 8000+ USD;
23.Tailand,every 1K residents bought 11.1 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 2000-3000 KWH, per nomial GDP 5000-6000+ USD;
24.Romania,every 1K residents bought 7.2 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 3000-4000 KWH,per nomial GDP 9000+ USD;
25.Peru,every 1K residents bought 5.4 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 1500-2000 KWH,per nomial GDP 6000+ USD;

low-income developing econommies:
26.Egypt,every 1K residents bought 2.9 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 1500-2000 KWH, per nomial GDP 3000+ USD;
27.Vietnam,every 1K residents bought 2.9 autos, per capita elctricity consumption 1500-2000 KWH,per nomial GDP 2000+ USD;
288.india,every 1K residents bought 2.8 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 1000-1300 KWH, per nomial GDP 1700+ USD;
29.Pakistan,every 1K residents bought 1.1 autos,per capita elctricity consumption 500-1000 KWH,per nomial GDP 1400+ USD

badguy2000

Respected Member
How do their old retired parents earn a living? Are they supported by their children or does the government provide for them? Do they generally stay with their children?
1. the old in rural areas have no pensions,but they have their own land providing basic food and accomodation.(which is s in fact the assurance of rural people).
the old in urban areas have pensions but have no land.

of course, the government now also start to gift some 'Subsidy' to old peasant without peansions,but such 'subsidy' usually is symbolic (say 10-50 USD/month)

2. usually childern provide some cashes to their old parents,where their parents live in ruarl areas or urban ones.

3. medic-assurance system have covered both rural Chinese and urban ones. it used to cover only urban ones.
so, medic-assurance can provide most medic-expenditure for even rural old parents .

4. Most chinese rural youth stay/work in cities and and leave their old parents(and perhaps their kids) in home villages.
those youth only returned home village during Chinese new year vacation.

5. more and more Chinese youth buy houses in cities( big cities and countytowns) and leave village for ever, and their old peasant parents would usually move in cities with their childerns.
thus ,more and more villages are vacant and become 'ghost village'.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
EU Nations in eastern Europe, like Hungary, Cezch, their office worker are even lower than this, somewhere like 800-1000 Euro per month...
Chinese post-80s(born after 1980s) youth are hardly ready to take such hard jobs like building workers.

so, when those pre-80s(born before 1980s) building workers retire, CHina would meet much more serious shortage of labours.

it is inevitable that China mass-induct foreign cheaper labour in 10 years.

if china were to open labour market to india, many indians perhaps would try their fortune in china.

BTW
last weekend, I dated a Hobby Group for my 5-year-old kid,I amanzedly found that many english-learning group tutors are guys from east europe such as Romania.

Considering here is just a undeveloped 3 tier chinese city, it surely prove that China now is a more and more attractive destination for many foreign labours

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Chinese smartphone market suffers a hard-landing, shipments decline by 21% in Q1 2018
Thursday, 26 April 2018

Smartphone shipments in China suffered their biggest ever decline in Q1 2018, down by more than 21% annually to 91 million units, a number first passed some four years ago in Q4 2013. Eight of the top 10 smartphone vendors were hit by annual declines, with Gionee, Meizu and Samsung shrinking to less than half of their respective Q1 2017 numbers. Huawei (including Honor) managed to grow shipments by a modest 2%, maintaining its lead and consolidating its market share to about 24% by shipping over 21 million smartphones. Second-placed Oppo and third-placed Vivo bore the brunt of the overall decline, with shipments falling by about 10% to 18 million and 15 million respectively.

https://www.canalys.com/newsroom/ch...ers-hard-landing-shipments-decline-21-q1-2018

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Chinese smartphone market suffers a hard-landing, shipments decline by 21% in Q1 2018
Thursday, 26 April 2018

Smartphone shipments in China suffered their biggest ever decline in Q1 2018, down by more than 21% annually to 91 million units, a number first passed some four years ago in Q4 2013. Eight of the top 10 smartphone vendors were hit by annual declines, with Gionee, Meizu and Samsung shrinking to less than half of their respective Q1 2017 numbers. Huawei (including Honor) managed to grow shipments by a modest 2%, maintaining its lead and consolidating its market share to about 24% by shipping over 21 million smartphones. Second-placed Oppo and third-placed Vivo bore the brunt of the overall decline, with shipments falling by about 10% to 18 million and 15 million respectively.

https://www.canalys.com/newsroom/ch...ers-hard-landing-shipments-decline-21-q1-2018
Is there any report on mobile components exports?

john70

Country flag
https://m.timesofindia.com/business...-deficit-in-17-years/articleshow/64041924.cms

BEIJING: China has recorded its first quarterly current account deficit in nearly 17 years, ending its dream run of accumulating trade surplus as a top exporter for a period during which it amassed the world's largest foreign exchange reserves of over $3.14 trillion.

China saw a current account deficit of $28.2 billion in the first quarter of this year, the country's first quarterly deficit since the second quarter of 2001, data released on Friday by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) showed.

More at ....
https://m.timesofindia.com/business...-deficit-in-17-years/articleshow/64041924.cms

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

BEIJING: China has recorded its first quarterly current account deficit in nearly 17 years, ending its dream run of accumulating trade surplus as a top exporter for a period during which it amassed the world's largest foreign exchange reserves of over $3.14 trillion.

China saw a current account deficit of $28.2 billion in the first quarter of this year, the country's first quarterly deficit since the second quarter of 2001, data released on Friday by the State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) showed.

More at ....
China has been enjoying low oil prices but as they rise the cost of imports rise. It looks as if they did not account for them going up in time for the quarterly report.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China's ZTE may be first major casualty of trade war with US
Company ceases sales and workers take naps after US bans American firms from selling hardware and software to the telecom equipment maker

ZTE, one of the world’s largest telecom equipment makers, may be the first major casualty of a trade war brewing between China and the US.

The Shenzhen-based company said it had ceased “major operating activities”, in a filing late on Wednesday to the Hong Kong stock exchange. The announcement comes less than a month after the US banned American firms from selling hardware and software to ZTE for seven years, effectively cutting off the company’s supply chain.

ZTE said in its filing it maintains “sufficient cash” and is “actively communicating” with the US for a modification or reversal of the order, issued by the US commerce department over violations of a previous settlement regarding illegal sales of ZTE phones and equipment to Iran.

ZTE, known in China as Zhongxing, or “China prospers”, operates in Africa, the Middle East and the US, where it is the fourth-largest smartphone maker after Apple, Samsung and LG. It depends on US parts: chips made from California-based Qualcomm account for more than half of its phones shipped globally and almost all of its phones in the US, according to Counterpoint.

“The impact is huge. Without US providers, they cannot actually produce their phones,” said Flora Tang, a research analyst at Counterpoint Research in Hong Kong.

On Thursday, online ZTE stores on its website and major e-commerce platforms were “under construction”. The company’s official channel on Tmall, owned by Alibaba, carried a photo of shirtless men rowing a dragon boat and the phrase “Spring is used for struggle”, a slogan Chinese president Xi Jinping once used in a speech in 2013.

According to reports, workers at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen are reporting to work but “with not much to do”. Factory workers told the New York Times manufacturing had been shuttered. Instead, workers have been attending training sessions, napping, or hanging out in their dormitories.

ZTE products were still on sale on smaller e-commerce platforms such as JD.com, and in offline retail stores.

The ban on ZTE, one of China’s first telecom companies to succeed internationally, is also a sign of how deeply entrenched frictions between the US and China are amid an ongoing trade dispute. China’s ministry of commerce said officials made “solemn representations” on behalf of ZTE during trade talks in Beijing last week with a visiting US delegation but they yielded few results.

“It could be a national-level problem ... we expected the Chinese government would be able to help ZTE, so it’s a surprise,” said Tang.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-be-first-major-casualty-of-trade-war-with-us

rockdog

Country flag
China's ZTE may be first major casualty of trade war with US
Company ceases sales and workers take naps after US bans American firms from selling hardware and software to the telecom equipment maker

ZTE, one of the world’s largest telecom equipment makers, may be the first major casualty of a trade war brewing between China and the US.

The Shenzhen-based company said it had ceased “major operating activities”, in a filing late on Wednesday to the Hong Kong stock exchange. The announcement comes less than a month after the US banned American firms from selling hardware and software to ZTE for seven years, effectively cutting off the company’s supply chain.

ZTE said in its filing it maintains “sufficient cash” and is “actively communicating” with the US for a modification or reversal of the order, issued by the US commerce department over violations of a previous settlement regarding illegal sales of ZTE phones and equipment to Iran.

ZTE, known in China as Zhongxing, or “China prospers”, operates in Africa, the Middle East and the US, where it is the fourth-largest smartphone maker after Apple, Samsung and LG. It depends on US parts: chips made from California-based Qualcomm account for more than half of its phones shipped globally and almost all of its phones in the US, according to Counterpoint.

“The impact is huge. Without US providers, they cannot actually produce their phones,” said Flora Tang, a research analyst at Counterpoint Research in Hong Kong.

On Thursday, online ZTE stores on its website and major e-commerce platforms were “under construction”. The company’s official channel on Tmall, owned by Alibaba, carried a photo of shirtless men rowing a dragon boat and the phrase “Spring is used for struggle”, a slogan Chinese president Xi Jinping once used in a speech in 2013.

According to reports, workers at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen are reporting to work but “with not much to do”. Factory workers told the New York Times manufacturing had been shuttered. Instead, workers have been attending training sessions, napping, or hanging out in their dormitories.

ZTE products were still on sale on smaller e-commerce platforms such as JD.com, and in offline retail stores.

The ban on ZTE, one of China’s first telecom companies to succeed internationally, is also a sign of how deeply entrenched frictions between the US and China are amid an ongoing trade dispute. China’s ministry of commerce said officials made “solemn representations” on behalf of ZTE during trade talks in Beijing last week with a visiting US delegation but they yielded few results.

“It could be a national-level problem ... we expected the Chinese government would be able to help ZTE, so it’s a surprise,” said Tang.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-be-first-major-casualty-of-trade-war-with-us
If Trump/US goes insane,we don't know who is going to be hurt next:

sthf

Country flag
While some clowns were busy posting pictures of waiters in the fucking economy thread, Americans slaughtered the largest telecom in China without much fanfare.

I'll wait for the aforementioned clowns to completely skirt this issue and post the pics of Chinese barbers next.

:hehe:

rockdog

Country flag
While some clowns were busy posting pictures of waiters in the fucking economy thread, Americans slaughtered the largest telecom in China without much fanfare.

I'll wait for the aforementioned clowns to completely skirt this issue and post the pics of Chinese barbers next.
While Chinese hardware and IT companies are deeply integrated with hi-tech supply chain, Indian mobile phone market are slaughtered by Chinese brands, Indian internet companies are hunted by Chinese VCs...

I'll wait for the some clowns to completely show off the some outsourcing offices and call center seats.

nimo_cn

Country flag

:hehe:
ZTE is the second largest telecom vendor and significantly smaller compared to HUAWEI.

What is happening between China and America is trade war. When there is war, there will be casualties. Americans picked one of weakest point of Chinese economy and hit it rather hard.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles