China Economy: News & Discussion

SexyChineseLady

Pls list the countries BEGGING Tesla for a factory. Tesla's poised to establish a plant in Indonesia . I didn't see the Indonesians begging for Tesla or is that what you're implying ? That Widodo's government was begging & pleading Musk to establish a plant in Indonesia ?
;)
IMG_9003.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

I mean CATL would be more than happy being a supplier to 70-80% of the world's EV automobile manufacturers if it can help it . So would the CCP. And the closer it gets to this goal the more the risk of a trade war escalates.

Speaking as an Indian , this is what we anticipate & events seem to be moving in the same direction.
Ah, you guys don't know that the trade war had already started in 2018 with Trump and you think that it will come later.

You people do not trade much so I don't blame you for being so out of touch.

The trade war had been raging for five years and the reason Musk, Dimon and those other American CEOs are in China is they were given the go ahead by the US government that the trade war had peaked and that the US wants re-engagement.

IMG_9005.jpeg

It's not going to get a lot worse if that is what you are hoping ;)

IMG_9004.jpeg

You people can't anticipate anything about China. Frankly, because you are too blinded by racism and envy.

SexyChineseLady

Jensen Huang was born on Taiwan but his visit to China will be treated like the Return of the Prodigal Son!

Azaad

Country flag
Ah, you guys don't know that the trade war had already started in 2018 with Trump and you think that it will come later.

You people do not trade much so I don't blame you for being so out of touch.

The trade war had been raging for five years and the reason Musk, Dimon and those other American CEOs are in China is they were given the go ahead by the US government that the trade war had peaked and that the US wants re-engagement.

View attachment 208439

It's not going to get a lot worse if that is what you are hoping ;)

View attachment 208440

You people can't anticipate anything about China. Frankly, because you are too blinded by racism and envy.
The trade war hasn't started in earnest lady which is what I think you mean . What you're seeing now is opening shots being fired . It hasn't gathered the momentum it should have . Which will happen now that the west is heading towards a recession which has grave implications for China too given they're an export driven economy.

What you're seeing now is some sort of a cease fire . What this will do is see the Chinese try to consolidate their domestic consumption for which their priorities would quite obviously be for Chinese manufacturers . See that's when everything hits the fan & these very same western OEMs operating out of China will start feeling the heat going into the red rapidly.

As you've rightly pointed out since we don't trade as much as China does or even the west does , we'd be impacted too but the impact would be limited. To what extent would it be is difficult to quantify now .

As far as racism goes it reminds me of an incident which my cousin narrated which happened to a friend of his who was employed in Singapore. Being a Tamilian he was a shade or two darker than most Indians which made him the butt of jokes of his Singaporean colleagues almost all of Chinese extraction. Everytime he walked into the office out came the jibes - oh what happened la ? It's suddenly turned so dark la followed by a lot of tittering.

The Tamilian took all this in his stride in good humour much to the amazement of his Indian colleagues till one day this happened. On a rainy day much darker than usual , when he made his entry into office out came the same jibes - Oh Bala ( his name ) it's so dark as it is why did you come to office ? Why didn't you stay at home ? Oh God , it's suddenly turned dark ! I think we're expecting a typhoon . To which Bala turned around & casually remarked - you should have prayed to the very same God to bless you with more rounded eyes instead of the slits he gave you . You could hear a pin drop , my cousin narrated. From that day on the jibes stopped.

So if you think us giving it back to you is racism , remember who started it ? Frankly I don't think you guys are used to be on the receiving end which is why you end up feeling offended.

Azaad

Country flag
The UK CEOs are in China too . . .

With the cession of Hong Kong under the 1842 Treaty of Nanking, the firm, by then named Jardine, Matheson & Company, set up its headquarters on the island and grew rapidly, smuggling illegal opium from British-controlled India into China. Jardine Matheson has been called the "most successful opium smuggling company in the world".[15]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jardine_Matheson#cite_note-:0-15

Seems to be that the colour of money doesn't matter to the Chinese as long it's coming in . Strangely it didn't matter to the Hanjian nearly 2 centuries ago when they collaborated with the gwailou to ruin their own countrymen.

@RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Don't forget to like the quoted post ? @jai jaganath

Azaad

Country flag
Musk's "quiet" trip to China! :D

But maybe Louis Vitton's CEO will get even more play!

So in spite of all the progress China's made they still can't make luxury goods like lady's handbags & purses in spite of their space program , their manufacturing of TFs for civilian & military programs , the tremendous achievements in HSR , MAGLEV & Hyperloop , they're still so mentally colonised that they kowtow to foreign luxury brands. Nice to know.

SexyChineseLady

It takes awhile to build brands but they are surely coming ;)

IMG_9010.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

IMG_9012.jpeg

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jardine_Matheson#cite_note-:0-15

Seems to be that the colour of money doesn't matter to the Chinese as long it's coming in . Strangely it didn't matter to the Hanjian nearly 2 centuries ago when they collaborated with the gwailou to ruin their own countrymen.

@RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Don't forget to like the quoted post ? @jai jaganath
Macau gambling is used by all CCP elites for money laundering. Dirty money from mainland China goes to Macau for whitewashing. Similarly the CCP elites have used HK stock market as a way to launder money and in the process destroyed the reputation of the market. Of course HK is no longer an IFSC thanks to the US withdrawing the special accreditation to HK. So, yes, Chinese elites, party secretaries, urban elites are all about money - however it comes. Under the CCP, they have lost all scruples, ethics, morals and have become soulless thieves. Expected as the CCP deliberately destroys spirituality and preaches money making at all costs - beg, borrow, steal, reverse engineer, kidnap, recycle oil whatever. Dystopian country with a cunning, evil government.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
By the way C919, aircraft carriers, HSR all have been made with substandard materials and the CCP corruption is deep. One guy associated with all these projects is claimed to have swindled close to 6 billion yuan - that is bahubalinormous. They have used substandard steel in their carriers and the company that made steel for those carriers were highly corrupt. Same goes for C919. After seeing this video below, I don’t trust any Chinese product big or small and no way I am flying any airline that flies the COMAC C919. This plane is headed for a crash.

Azaad

Country flag
By the way C919, aircraft carriers, HSR all have been made with substandard materials and the CCP corruption is deep. One guy associated with all these projects is claimed to have swindled close to 6 billion yuan - that is bahubalinormous. They have used substandard steel in their carriers and the company that made steel for those carriers were highly corrupt. Same goes for C919. After seeing this video below, I don’t trust any Chinese product big or small and no way I am flying any airline that flies the COMAC C919. This plane is headed for a crash.

That was quite illuminating. If even a fourth of what was shown in that documentary is true then it only confirms what ardent China watchers have been claiming since long. That given Chinese familiarity with SU & now Russian systems one could see the Chinese systems, platforms & armaments as either on par with the Russians or slightly ahead or behind it except for electironics where the Chinese are clearly ahead given traditional SU & later Russian backwardness in this one domain something they could never crack. If the Russians aren't present in any domain or are woefully inadequate in it, you can bet the Chinese would be lacking as well.

As if on cue comes this documentary exposing the Chinese. Then there's the J-15 carrier based FA too which's been a dud, their TFs & its performance notwithstanding. That it's based on the Russian Su-33 another dud should tell you its quality. Our own experience with the INS Vikramaditya & the MiG-29K should be revealing in this regard.

Let's see how well their 5th Gen FA like the existing J-20 & the forthcoming J-31 perform. I've a hunch they've nothing to offer besides being LO & I'm not even referring to VLO here. Apart from that there's the new family of TFs they churning out in rapid succession. Even if they're heavily derived from the Russian TFs which they are, I don't think they'd manage to mimic their performance or even longevity which is saying a lot given that in both these as well as several other parameters Russian TFs are way behind the west.

SexyChineseLady

The C919 airframe is just the beginning. Avionics and engines are coming next.

If the US bans, then that COMAC and Airbus simply take over Boeing's share.

I think Boeing is more likely to negotiate an assembly line like Airbus than to give up the China market entirely! :D
IMG_9020.jpeg

IMG_9013.jpeg

rockdog

Country flag
Jensen Huang was born on Taiwan but his visit to China will be treated like the Return of the Prodigal Son!
Before 2020 he visited China frequently. I saw him in person from a Baidu Assembly during 2018. I can feel that he was trying the cooperation between chinese companies with NVIDIA as much as possible.

Do youb know that Lisa Su and Huang are relatives? is thst true?

rockdog

Country flag
The Make in India dream keeps colliding with the Chinese reality
SECTIONS
The Make in India dream keeps ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
The best case scenario is the "make in India" still shinning inside India, and China would continuously provide intermediate products like the current trade surplus of China presents. This will be the win win situation, maybe not China wins twice any more, but still every side is happy.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles