China Economy: News & Discussion

SexyChineseLady

China surge: Flights in and out soar after Beijing loosens COVID restrictions

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
December 28, 2022 11:43 AM

The number of flight bookings in and out of mainland China has increased significantly over the last week, just days after the country announced it would lift COVID-19 restrictions for travelers.

The number of airline tickets flying out of China increased 254% on Tuesday morning compared to the day before, according to flight databy Trip.com Group

The country also saw a massive surge of inbound flights, which increased 412% during the same time period, the data show. The majority of those out-of-country travelers are coming from Australia, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Looks like people are heading to the movies again!

what do you mean again?
Chinese only went to movies in numbers after they and the lying thieving Taoist robots stole trillions from the Net of the West.
Taoist life destroyers vs life.

Genesis will run backwards. Genesis will have revenge.

SexyChineseLady

China's car exports has become a new export pillar only since 2020 (basically doubling in three years) and it's growing by leaps and bounds!

124548CE-8B16-4722-A63D-DBD96A3CF776.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

Sharp drop in metro traffic and now a sharp increase. V-shaped recovery from Covid in Shanghai should bode well for economy post Chinese New Year!

8F9493C3-630C-4AE1-8DAA-CD283774ED8E.jpeg

SexyChineseLady

Something incredible is happening in China. Three years of Zero Covid is being washed away by massive infections and then rapid recovery within weeks:

SexyChineseLady

;)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
if i remember correctly there were Indian into the spaces much earlier than China.
Indians flew into space on Soviet spacecraft. The space program of India remained way slower given it was not linked to military and didn't have access to critical tech even till 2000s which China and Japan acquired quickly introduced medium lift launch systems before 90s.
Plus, TOT and techinical cooperation is not crime, the key is how to leverage it.
Nobody said it's a crime. I refuted the garbage that it was India which was propped by west for challenging superior self sufficient China which has been a mainstream cope in PRC's nationalistic folks. India was isolated and strangulated for the larger part until collapse of USSR. It had strained relations with most great powers at many points of history.

PRC meanwhile was an "accepted" country by them in their league.
Even after 2020 border conflict, China is still open to India on space tech somehow, but 20 years later when India has own space station, it will be unfair to say China gives huge help to India for its success, right?
That's a strawman argument.

Diplomatic signaling doesn't make a good argument. India and Pakistan are open to each other for cooperation in medical, cultural and scientific sectors which they don't do much. China and India, China and US, Europe and Iran are open to each other similarly in all parts. India even supplied medical aid to China during COVID crisis which doesn't equal to kind of "help" I am talking about.

Indeed these countries are not to prop each other's absolute power unlike what US did to China after Sino Soviet split or is promising to India since rise of China.

Sachinananda

Indians flew into space on Soviet spacecraft. The space program of India remained way slower given it was not linked to military and didn't have access to critical tech even till 2000s which China and Japan acquired quickly introduced medium lift launch systems before 90s.

Nobody said it's a crime. I refuted the garbage that it was India which was propped by west for challenging superior self sufficient China which has been a mainstream cope in PRC's nationalistic folks. India was isolated and strangulated for the larger part until collapse of USSR. It had strained relations with most great powers at many points of history.

PRC meanwhile was an "accepted" country by them in their league.

That's a strawman argument.

Diplomatic signaling doesn't make a good argument. India and Pakistan are open to each other for cooperation in medical, cultural and scientific sectors which they don't do much. China and India, China and US, Europe and Iran are open to each other similarly in all parts. India even supplied medical aid to China during COVID crisis which doesn't equal to kind of "help" I am talking about.

Indeed these countries are not to prop each other's absolute power unlike what US did to China after Sino Soviet split or is promising to India since rise of China.
Exactly I never understood how we were earlier into space than China as their people pop out without any facts
We never had support of what Chinese got from USA during their peak relations
We never had that vanilla period
Forget that even after that they were getting considerable tech from weak Russia as their economic status was worse
On other hand we were in relation with soviets who were very powerful and even then they weren't sharing any tech
And with Americans now things started developing before that we were literally stated anti America and sanctioned too
But no Chinese have tendency to think on today's basis if today our relation with usa is good then in past it has to be good
Such statements are nothing facts but just proof of superiority complex sadly

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Exactly I never understood how we were earlier into space than China as their people pop out without any facts
We never had support of what Chinese got from USA during their peak relations
We never had that vanilla period
Forget that even after that they were getting considerable tech from weak Russia as their economic status was worse
On other hand we were in relation with soviets who were very powerful and even then they weren't sharing any tech
And with Americans now things started developing before that we were literally stated anti America and sanctioned too
But no Chinese have tendency to think on today's basis if today our relation with usa is good then in past it has to be good
Such statements are nothing facts but just proof of superiority complex sadly
Most of the stuff in which CCPia is ahead is mostly throwing money at things. The technologies are not bleeding edge and have existed since the 60s including high speed rail, space station and what not. The US will maintain its edge as the bleeding edge technology provider for decades, as an ageing workforce does not affect R&D much.
Having said this, we must rapidly urbanize and increase employment in R&D. We need to become an innovation driven economy. We also need to raise a lot of financing to get people to upper middle income fast. Too man youth especially in the Ganga belt are sitting around doing low income jobs. This must change. Hopefully the startup culture spreading all over India will get us technologically advanced faster.

Sachinananda

Most of the stuff in which CCPia is ahead is mostly throwing money at things. The technologies are not bleeding edge and have existed since the 60s including high speed rail, space station and what not. The US will maintain its edge as the bleeding edge technology provider for decades, as an ageing workforce does not affect R&D much.
Having said this, we must rapidly urbanize and increase employment in R&D. We need to become an innovation driven economy. We also need to raise a lot of financing to get people to upper middle income fast. Too man youth especially in the Ganga belt are sitting around doing low income jobs. This must change. Hopefully the startup culture spreading all over India will get us technologically advanced faster.
According to me we should say anything about them as we stand nowhere near them
It's easy to comment and tease nations who has achieved wonders but reaching there makes u feel the pain
Teasing them is just like acting like porkies
They have achieved the unachievable in whatever means they had to
Moreover we don't stand even near them
Gap is way too large and can't be closed in next century though if we see our pace

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
According to me we should say anything about them as we stand nowhere near them
It's easy to comment and tease nations who has achieved wonders but reaching there makes u feel the pain
Teasing them is just like acting like porkies
They have achieved the unachievable in whatever means they had to
Moreover we don't stand even near them
Gap is way too large and can't be closed in next century though if we see our pace
List the things where the gap is too big between them and us.

fooLIam

List the things where the gap is too big between them and us.
Trade
Technology
MIC
1)GDP
2)Industrialisation
3)Imfastructure
4)Stable social conditions (handling their peacfuls population pragmaticly the way it should be handled)
5)Stable geographic and political conditions conditions (Created buffer zones so as to mainland remain safe and above all no Pakistan like country)
6)Stable local political conditions
7)Efficient buerocracy which implements their Cpc mandates
8)Not outright traitorous judiciary and media
10)culling of traitors and detractors efficiently
11) no protests be it if any kind is null and void and dealt with the way they should be dealt

I can list many things but these comes top of my mind.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Be it mic, electronics manufacturing, space missions, automobiles manufacturing, critical tech manufacturing, semiconductors, list is too long
let’s take automobile manufacturing. China produces 3 times the volume that the US does? So, are they way ahead of the US in manufacturing technology?

Sachinananda

let’s take automobile manufacturing. China produces 3 times the volume that the US does? So, are they way ahead of the US in manufacturing technology?
I am not comparing them to usa in my post I was saying regarding our comparison
They have vibrant automobile industry compared to us They are producing new tech in the industry earlier compare to us infact in few years they will be innovating and leading in this industry just like phones
How can we forget their ev its far ahead than us in terms of manufacturing, technology and processing
They will literally dominate ev after few years I mean they will set trends and everyone else will follow

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles