China among top five arms exporters, India top buyer

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Africans always look up to India and China for inspiration on doing things because these two countries are the most admirable ones in the eyes of African. Our daily life is full of India and China.

I dare say that China receive more respect from African than India. We respect them because this is the country that dares to fight the giant.......
He's a Chinese guy, originally from Hong Kong. Not sure why he's pretending to be a Nigerian

J20!

Country flag
Aww don't you go liberal on me buddy. Screw these pansy gooks, they are not our friends and are here to troll us and try to make us look inferior. They are also doing what the muzzies do, they act as the aggressor when they have the advantage and where they lack the numbers and get their own medicine back, they play the victim card.
And you've hit the nail on the head.

Whenever a Chinese poster puts up a thread on a new Chinese military achievement, some Indian posters such as yourself believe its a propaganda offensive to give them "dhotti shiver" or whatever u call it.

Gents, DFI is a defence forum. We post on the CHINESE SUBFORUM about CHINESE DEFENSE INDUSTRY/MILITARY DEVELOPMENTS to share information that you all might not have known about.

That's the whole PURPOSE of a DEFENSE FORUM. If pictures or articles about Chinese weapons make you "feel inferior", that's not my fault. And I don't believe that gives anyone the right to insult or attack my person.

But go ahead calling every day people "50 centers" because their posts "frighten" you. Like I said, I won't stop posting relevent articles and pics because it intimidates some members.

How come pics of new US/Japanese/European/Korean developments don't give you inferiority complexes?

armyofhind

Country flag
And you've hit the nail on the head.

Whenever a Chinese poster puts up a thread on a new Chinese military achievement, some Indian posters such as yourself believe its a propaganda offensive to give them "dhotti shiver" or whatever u call it.

Gents, DFI is a defence forum. We post on the CHINESE SUBFORUM about CHINESE DEFENSE INDUSTRY/MILITARY DEVELOPMENTS to share information that you all might not have known about.

That's the whole PURPOSE of a DEFENSE FORUM. If pictures or articles about Chinese weapons make you "feel inferior", that's not my fault. And I don't believe that gives anyone the right to insult or attack my person.

But go ahead calling every day people "50 centers" because their posts "frighten" you. Like I said, I won't stop posting relevent articles and pics because it intimidates some members.

How come pics of new US/Japanese/European/Korean developments don't give you inferiority complexes?
Take a look at the posts of the guy going by the name of SexyChineseLady first and how they are filled with veiled attacks on India then talk.

Had it been just pure posting and giving updates about Chinese defense industry, nobody would've had a problem anyway.

Rest assured of this though, you be nice, we'll be nice.
You try to troll, you'll get it back in equal measure. If not more.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
its a propaganda offensive to give them "dhotti shiver" or whatever u call it.
We're not getting Dhoti Shivers, we don't even wear Dhotis in modern times, you're the ones getting "Yellow Fever" in your "Socket Faces" :bounce::bounce:

"frighten" you.
Oh absolutely, you ricers are so big, manly and intimidating. :bplease:

J20!

Country flag
Take a look at the posts of the guy going by the name of SexyChineseLady first and how they are filled with veiled attacks on India then talk.

Had it been just pure posting and giving updates about Chinese defense industry, nobody would've had a problem anyway.

Rest assured of this though, you be nice, we'll be nice.
You try to troll, you'll get it back in equal measure. If not more.
1. I don't have any ascociation with @SexyChineseLady. I post pics an articles on this defense forum because I'm a defense enthusiast. Period. Why should I answer for another poster because I'm Chinese?

2. Indexstyle(I'm not sure how he spells that) seems genuinely interested in Chinese space projects and is a regular contributor on that thread. You on the other hand have explicitly said you "hate Chinese" on a thread that had nothing to do with politics. See how I can differentiate between posters of the same ethbicity? Try it.

3. This thread had nothing to do with IndiavsChina, but cue the trolls to come rants endlessly about Pakistan and "failed states". So I don't understand how your "reciprocal trolling" has any merit in this case.

Can we get on with the subject matter at hand now? Or is this still a trolling fest?

India22

Many days ago I read in an article that Pakistan although began to buy large quantity of Chinese products, soon they found out Chinese equipment was inferior to Western ones. For example Chinese MiG 21 or J 7 did not match level of quality of Russian MiG 21 till 1980s.

J20!

Country flag
We're not getting Dhoti Shivers, we don't even wear Dhotis in modern times, you're the ones getting "Yellow Fever" in your "Socket Faces" :bounce::bounce:

Oh absolutely, you ricers are so big, manly and intimidating. :bplease:
I quoted you directly saying posts on this sub-forum make you feel inferior.

Most Chinese military developments are ususally focused on improving the PLA's position vis-a-vis the US military which has ringed the Chinese mainland with military bases, vessels and installations.
Comparatively even PLA deployents are heavily focused on the eastern sea-board and less so on the LAC.

Its not about India. Take a chill pill and look at the geopolitics in North East Asia. Getting all offensive about developments that rarely have any direct impact on India is really quite comical to read.

India22

Most Chinese military developments are ususally focused on improving the PLA's position vis-a-vis the US military which has ringed the Chinese mainland with military bases, vessels and installations.
Comparatively even PLA deployents are heavily focused on the eastern sea-board and less so on the LAC.

Its not about India. Take a chill pill and look at the geopolitics in North East Asia. Getting all offensive about developments that rarely have any direct impact on India is really quite comical.
If not about India then why Gwadar Port? Why China tried in Sri Lanka? Why regularly intruding into India? Why are their missile sites in Tibet including nuclear warheads? Why so many air bases in Tibet? And you say we dont have the right to feel offended. China will not dare an attack on US but may do so on India because India most powerful country opposed to China after US. Defeating India will frighten Vietnam, Japan and Philippines too to concede and demoralize US.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I said trying to make India look inferior, try to read the whole thing buddy. Don't tell me to take a chill pill chief - you want to post Chinese defense articles go ahead, this is the right place to do it. However, if you race bait your posts using words like "Dhoti shivers" and other subtle references don't expect to be shown any mercy. Stop quoting me and carry on.

J20!

Country flag
I said trying to make India look inferior, try to read the whole thing buddy. Don't tell me to take a chill pill chief - you want to post Chinese defense articles go ahead, this is the right place to do it. However, if you race bait your posts using words like "Dhoti shivers" and other subtle references don't expect to be shown any mercy. Stop quoting me and carry on.
How does posting a CHINESE MILITARY development equate to "trying to make India look inferior"?

You're back tracking.

Mercy? Please man, I'm old enough not to be provoked by juvenile insults. Carry on...

J20!

Country flag
If not about India then why Gwadar Port? Why China tried in Sri Lanka? Why regularly intruding into India? Why are their missile sites in Tibet including nuclear warheads? Why so many air bases in Tibet? And you say we dont have the right to feel offended. China will not dare an attack on US but may do so on India because India most powerful country opposed to China after US. Defeating India will frighten Vietnam, Japan and Philippines too to concede and demoralize US.
If you can, try putting yourself in China's shoes Geopolitically.

Your eastern sea-board is completely dominated by the US miltary and US alliance system. From the Northern seas to the South China sea.

Various choke points where a huge sum of Chinese trade and oil suppiies pass ie Malacca and the Japanese isles are dominated by advesarial armed forces.

Realistically, the US Navy could close off all Chinese trade routes. That's a fact that the US Naval College has stated that explicitely.

Gwadar is an economic trade route of which middle-easten oil is a priority. No PLA naval or air bases have been declared there as is the case in Djibouti.

Sri Lanka port developments are economic in nature. But I'm sure a PLAN SSK docking there for supplies blew Indian minds however non-significant it was.

The whole New Silk Road developments are economic in nature and India is participating in some of the ascocialted infrastructure developments and free trade agreements. RCEP involves both India and JAPAN.

Yes Pakistani fanboys tend to overhype the military significance of the whole CPEC initiative, but I believe anyone with the eyes to look at a map can see who China's real worry is.

Mind you, the real hegemon in the Indo-Pacific oceans is the US Navy and Airforce, not the Indian armed forces.

If you where in the Chinese govt's shoes, a big IF I know; who would be dedicating your resources towards? A growing India, or an economically declining but militarily ascendant USA which can halt your economic life-lines on a whim?

Maybe this is a discussion for another thread tho. Seems massively OT.

J20!

Country flag
Many days ago I read in an article that Pakistan although began to buy large quantity of Chinese products, soon they found out Chinese equipment was inferior to Western ones. For example Chinese MiG 21 or J 7 did not match level of quality of Russian MiG 21 till 1980s.
Very true WRT Mig21/J7. Even though the Soviets licensed the Mig21 to Chengdu, it took that design house decades to build a comparative jet due to a very backwards manufacturing and avionics industry back then.

But I believe the Pakistani F7 project gave Chinese companies and design houses a very good platform to improve the airframe and avionics on offer. The PLAAF even inducted a few varients developed for Pakistan since they were significantly superior to the previous developments in Chinese service.

The main reason the F7 became an export success was that it was offered with western tech that was unavailable to the Chinese Airforce. Pakistan selected the Italian Grifo radar over a Chinese offering and armed them with aim 9 short range AAM's instead of the PL5's on offer from the Chinese side.

Bangladesh and Namibia went with the Chinese offering in the 2000's but only after they and their supply chains were significantly improved.

India22

Your eastern sea-board is completely dominated by the US miltary and US alliance system. From the Northern seas to the South China sea.

Various choke points where a huge sum of Chinese trade and oil suppiies pass ie Malacca and the Japanese isles are dominated by advesarial armed forces.

Realistically, the US Navy could close off all Chinese trade routes. That's a fact that the US Naval College has stated that explicitely.

Gwadar is an economic trade route of which middle-easten oil is a priority. No PLA naval or air bases have been declared there as is the case in Djibouti.

Sri Lanka port developments are economic in nature. But I'm sure a PLAN SSK docking there for supplies blew Indian minds however non-significant it was.

The whole New Silk Road developments are economic in nature and India is participating in some of the ascocialted infrastructure developments and free trade agreements. RCEP involves both India and JAPAN.

Yes Pakistani fanboys tend to overhype the military significance of the whole CPEC initiative, but I believe anyone with the eyes to look at a map can see who China's real worry is.

Mind you, the real hegemon in the Indo-Pacific oceans is the US Navy and Airforce, not the Indian armed forces.

If you where in the Chinese govt's shoes, a big IF I know; who would be dedicating your resources towards? A growing India, or an economically declining but militarily ascendant USA which can halt your economic life-lines on a whim?

The fault was of China, threatening Taiwan if they declare independence, claiming all of South China sea, claiming Japan's islands etc. Why do sometimes Chinese submarines appear in Indian ocean, near Andaman, Myanmar or Pakistan? We are not fool that we will be fooled by Chinese statement of Gwadar is of economic in nature. What Chinese troops are doing in PoK?

A growing India is not going to contribute money to China. Until Tibet and Xinjiang become free, India-China peace is not possible. Next time PLA intrudes into india, I want India to take a hard stand.

amoy

Ecuador receives Chinese multipurpose vehicles
Alejandro Sanchez, Washington, DC - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
12 December 2016

The Ecuadorian Army's Second Division in Guayaquil has received 17 Chinese multipurpose vehicles, including seven vehicle-launched bridges and 10 trucks.

The platforms, which were received on 6 December but announced on 8 December, were then delivered to the Huancavilca Regional Logistical Command No 74 and will be distributed among other units.

This completes delivery of a fleet of Chinese vehicles that Quito acquired a year ago, the army said. In 2015 Ecuador acquired 709 vehicles, including 4x4 and 6x6 multipurpose trucks, 6x4 fuel and water trucks, and different types of buses in a deal reportedly worth USD81 million. On 8 December the army carried out a demonstration with new equipment by installing a 105 m mechanised bridge near Guayaquil.

China's Howo Heavy Duty Trucks

Chinese assistance gives earthquake victim chance to walk again
Seven months before, on April 16, China had provided $2 million in emergency cash and 60 million yuan ($8.69 million) in humanitarian aid after the most devastating earthquake since 1949 hit Ecuador's northwest, claiming 673 lives and injuring more than 27,000. Among the injured was 28-year-old Navarrete, a university student from Quito.

J20!

Country flag
Not technically military, but a slew of US shipyards contracted by the US Navy have been buying Chinese Dry-Docks from Chinese Shipyards, with one arriving via ocean-going tug in San Diego from China this month:

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/12/08/...arrives-in-san-diego-after-voyage-from-china/

At least three shipyards that do work for the US Navy have bought and used drydocks from China. This would seem to lower the stakes for Huntington-Ingalls Industries, currently searching for a Chinese drydock of its own with help from homestate Senator Thad Cochran, as reported yesterday in the Washington Post.

BAE Systems’ San Diego yard — which will receive its Chinese drydock later this year — and Vigor Industrial’s Portland yard — which got its $50 million Chinese dock in 2014 — do repair work for the US Navy. The Bath Iron Works yard in Maine which does build new warships got a Chinese drydock in 2001. The Ingalls yard in Pascagoula, which is currently shopping for one, also builds new warships, mostly notably LPD-17 San Antonio-class amphibious ships and DDG-51 Arleigh Burke destroyers.
http://breakingdefense.com/2016/09/us-navy-yards-already-use-chinese-built-drydocks/

amoy

Thailand orders Chinese SAM
13th December 2016 - 19:58by Sompong Nondhasa in Bangkok

The Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bought a battery of KS-1C medium-range surface-to-air missiles from the China Precision Machinery Import-Export Corporation (CPMIEC), with delivery expected in December.

This is the RTAF’s first medium-range SAM system, and it will defend the most important air base in southern Thailand

airtel

Country flag

why Indian Aid to mangolia blew chini minds however non-significant it was ??

why a phone call of trump (to Taiwan govt.) blew chini minds however non-significant it was ??

what will be the reaction of china if submarines of India Navy started docking in Vietnam ??

You know it very well what Your Govt. is doing .............................stop playing this Victim card .

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
As for Thailand's procured weapons from China, the unreliable Type-69 main battle tanks acquired in 1987 were withdrawn from service after a short service with the Thai Army, many were dumped in the sea to serve as artificial reefs and to improve the eco system. :lol:

The Chinese warships are now mostly equipped with western naval weapons systems, communications and sensors replacing the primitive and unreliable Chinese systems. Chinese made 130mm artillery pieces were also placed on reserve status.

1281406683_46049.jpg
1281406683_49028.jpg
1281406683_64274.jpg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I am not impressed.They can be even no.1.The quality and innovation of other countries on the list is way above chinese technology.

Actually with copy and paste you can never be no.1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles