Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Its not about Gucci dude, question is its efficacy, how will you use it in Ladakh, Rajasthan or even in jungles coz its too brown. There are better camos which they should’ve gone with. MARPAT has been pretty effective while this is one is a joke.
It won't be effective against a perfectly brown or golden background like in Rajasthan or Ladakh. Also snow/artic surrounding requires different camo. Best will be having a theatre-based camouflage.

This and MARPAT are pretty close IMO, yes it is different if you stand 5 feet from them, but from 100 feet both are equally effective because they have the same color ratios and pixelation to break the silhouette.

How do you know it's more effective?
The current pattern is too orange, lacks green, and does not effectively break the silhouette.

assam aao sir.
Lived in Assam for 3 years.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Let's see our soldiers wearing this uniform in different environments. The army might not be the most modern organization, but it definitely is not blind. They must have tested MARPAT as well along with many other patterns to reach this conclusion.

No we don’t and we’ll be using this only, in both Ladakh and Rajasthan.
Wait and watch they might also change the olive greens to that watchman dress.

Dude I loved the old camo
Old camo looks like from 80s. Heard the army was unhappy with the new camo in 2000s when it was first introduced because it was too bright.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Let's see our soldiers wearing this uniform in different environments. The army might not be the most modern organization, but it definitely is not blind. They must have tested MARPAT as well along with many other patterns to reach this conclusion.

Old camo looks like from 80s. Heard the army was unhappy with the new camo in 2000s when it was first introduced because it was too bright.
Dude they legit had a concern with other CAPFs using the same camo which Indian army uses and thats why MARPAT was avoided because its already in widespread use among CAPFs especially CRPF and thats why Army didn’t go for MARPAT, no other reason.

1641999907047.png

Mangal

Country flag
No we don’t and we’ll be using this only, in both Ladakh and Rajasthan.
Wait and watch they might also change the olive greens to that watchman dress.

Dude I loved the old camo
The MTP based camo could have been a worthy successor to the old French styled camo. I had seen a pic last year of joint INDO US exercise where there MTP was so effective that an US operator besides Indian soldier was nearly invisible. But just like AK 203 we chose the digitised LTTE camo.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
They spend shit tonnes of money on R&D thats why their stuff is usually better than the rest.
MULTICAM for general purpose, Arid for deserts and Ladakh, Tropic for jungles, Alpine for Siachen and Black for Law Enforcement (NSG).
1642000271010.png

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
This is military at least we didn't spend billions like the americans on the UCP for this garbage
Ironically India is one of handful countries that still continue to use UCP even after it was phased out by its original creators. UCP and especially it’s variant UCP-Delta can still have some use in urban warfare settings other that they are not good.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Our new camo's pattern is similar to turkey in some ways

View attachment 131353
Ironically Turkey also called in there fashion Institute and hired a famous Turkish fashion designer to design that Camo pattern and it’s uniform material. they did this back in 2008

Last edited:

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
What if this all is an elaborate prank to set us off their tail
So Jan 15 can be a real surprise
1642001160380.png

Right now you guys are this pepe
1642001192764.png

Back when pics of several camos were release you guys were this pepe
If this is all a Prank/sajish
1642001241338.png

You will be this pepe in Jan 15
Meanwhile me after two hits of Copium and Hopium:-
1642001293785.png

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Ironically Turkey also called in there fashion Institute and hired a famous Turkish fashion designer to
View attachment 131357
View attachment 131358
View attachment 131359
View attachment 131360
if this happens,i will shout in my home wooooooooo

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 131357
View attachment 131358
View attachment 131359
View attachment 131360
Kaha se nasha kiya hai boliye
Hum bhi mangvange

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Its not about Gucci dude, question is its efficacy, how will you use it in Ladakh, Rajasthan or even in jungles coz its too brown. There are better camos which they should’ve gone with. MARPAT has been pretty effective while this is one is a joke.

Anyways I’m becoming a Stockholm syndrome victim of this camo and I’ve started liking it a bit don’t know why.
Ones it is inducted and orders go out to the manufactures then there is no turning back. Indian Army from all pictures has already accepted this pattern and will be using this is in there new uniform. So all of us have to eventually just accept this Camo pattern. maybe if Army can make other variants or versions of this camo pattern then it might not be that bad.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles