Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Let's face it. We're all still sitting in Cope Department (pvt ltd) Headquarters

I'm sure most of us were hoping for something like this: (Multicam but with greener and darker colours).

s-l400.jpg

Instead we're getting some digital camo that looks like a PLA knockoff. And the Army will be wearing that for the next 20 years.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Let's face it. We're all still sitting in Cope Department (pvt ltd) Headquarters

I'm sure most of us were hoping for something like this: (Multicam but with greener and darker colours).

View attachment 131663

Instead we're getting some digital camo that looks like a PLA knockoff. And the Army will be wearing that for the next 20 years.
Our new camo may not be the best

But it's definitely better than just copying the camo of our colonial masters. How would it help the self esteem of our soldiers ?

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Yah definitely . There's no double about it.
You do what works .army had no problems in getting the french CCE and soldiers self esteem?like it or not those soldiers who fought for the british indian army were heroes that fought everywhere their history is still shameful for some people because of their ego

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
You do what works .army had no problems in getting the french CCE and soldiers self esteem?like it or not those soldiers who fought for the british indian army were heroes that fought everywhere their history is still shameful for some people because of their ego
Ya'll Nibbiars pixilated forms of the Central European Camouflage is not bad. And also it think it still would be tuck in not tuck out as many posted.

Haldilal

Country flag
Are you sure similar pattern is not being used by western countries and the new pattern is unique to India?
Ya'll Nibbiars no pixilated forms of the Central European Camouflage dose not exists atleats in the main stay and also it dosen't even have slight similarities with the older PLA Type 07 pattern both have different colour scheme and also the pixilated forms is totally different.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Wouldn't it hurt the ego of an Indian that his country was enslaved for 200 years & his people had to fight on behalf of their European masters ? Or should I glorify, that British used Indians to defeat India.

Haldilal

Country flag
Wouldn't it hurt the ego of an Indian that his country was enslaved for 200 years & his people had to fight on behalf of their European masters ? Or should I glorify, that British used Indians to defeat India.
Ya'll Nibbiars Many communities sided with the British still Celebrat the defeat of the Peshwas then what?.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
It hurts that doesn't mean we should bury their history. They may have fought for the british but many fought because of their condition

Blank

Country flag
Well, I guess it's time to glorify the Opium Wars 😂 . How British used Indians to bring the Qing dynasty to its knees and how Chinese are still salty about it.

ShouvikGhosh

Country flag
Well, I guess it's time to glorify the Opium Wars 😂 . How British used Indians to bring the Qing dynasty to its knees and how Chinese are still salty about it.
Yah , and we should also contemplate why we haven't been able to replicate that kind of war outcome since the British left.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles