BrahMos Cruise Missile

Galaxy

Country flag
Why waste Brahmos on PAF.

Archers , adders , alamos are enough.

And i forgot to say about Mig-29 too.:taunt1:
MKI + M2K to start offence and destroy strategic assets.

Jaguar + MIG29 for 2nd phase destruction when their is no resilient as per their capability and role.

Galaxy

Country flag
Any preliminary work on integrating it with Su-30 reported?
KOCHI, September 18, 2011

BrahMos airborne launcher prototype undergoing tests

Nirbhay most likely after 3-4 years only i suppose. Also once we have Brahmos, Nirbhay won't make any different in PAK case.

The BrahMos Aerospace Thiruvananthapuram Limited (BATL) has been contracted to build five prototype airborne launchers of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile with its first flight test on a Su-30 MKI aircraft slated to take place by the end of 2012.
So, By 2013-2014 induction most likely.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
MKI + M2K to start offence and destroy strategic assets.

Jaguar + MIG29 for 2nd phase destruction when their is no resilient as per their capability and role.

i would still give MKI , a rest....

Our pilots are seasoned more on the lesser ones , though most exercises are reported on high profile ones.

Was much surprised how much low media coverage was given on an air exercise involving Jaguars and Mig-27's during last year in my city.. no media was covering anything but the jets soared all over.

Country flag

Our pilots are seasoned more on the lesser ones , though most exercises are reported on high profile ones.

Was much surprised how much low media coverage was given on an air exercise involving Jaguars and Mig-27's during last year in my city.. no media was covering anything but the jets soared all over.
These planes frames may not be strong enough for air launched weapons. Sukhois are getting special reinforced frames.

Galaxy

Country flag
I have seen and posted it somewhere.. was asking about Nirbhay... maybe same laucher can be used too..
It will take 3-4 years more.

Next year, It will be 1st land version test, after few tests and Limited production, Air variant most likely.... Not before 2014

SpArK

SORCERER
These planes frames may not be strong enough for air launched weapons. Sukhois are getting special reinforced frames.
Yup could be true.. some are in their midlife ...some waiting for scrapyard.

And whats with rumour on MRCA result today???

Galaxy

Country flag

MIG27 and Jaguar are ground attacker and not capable enough to fight against F-16 & J-10.

Only MKI, MK2 and MIG29 (2nd phase) will give us edge.

Our MKI is what gives us Air-Superiority. Best is always used 1st.

SpArK

SORCERER
MIG27 and Jaguar are ground attacker and not capable enough to fight against F-16 & J-10.

Only MKI, MK2 and MIG29 will give us edge.

Our MKI is what gives us Air-Superiority. We will hit with those which hits most !!
Its a mix... thats why added Mig-21,29..... Jag,M2K's and 27s.

Galaxy

Country flag

And whats with rumour on MRCA result today???
Some says Super Hornet too :confused:

MRCA is full of rumours these days until real news comes !!

SpArK

SORCERER
It will take 3-4 years more.

Next year, It will be 1st land version test, after few tests and Limited production, Air variant most likely.... Not before 2014

So FGFA or AMCA will also have it. gr8.

Country flag
The Su-30MKI Info Page - Vayu Sena

Sukhoi, head of the Sukhoi Experimental Design Bureau, ..... Su-30MKIs also have a high percentage of composites used in the air-frame ... The Su-30MKI will have a reinforced airframe in order to accommodate air-launched Brahmos.

Written by a Sukhoi pilot and a member of DFI

SpArK

SORCERER
Yes, But not sure true or not.

Although I always preferred Typhoon but now I prefer Rafale as both K.S.A. and U.A.E. will operate Typhoon and PAF will surely get their hand on that.

Also, We should ask for nEUROn UCAC from France as discount !!

I have been crying this ummah factor for a long time and wanted Rafale to loose UAE. :scared1:

Love to see the exclusive jet user in Asia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles