Balasore Train Accident Jun 2023

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This seems like deliberate political sabotage. We are headed towards some serious trouble if the investigation is not done properly and culprits are not punished.
not necessarily, until inquiry report says so.
for me, it is a reminder of the scale and density of the country.

shade

Country flag
This seems like deliberate political sabotage. We are headed towards some serious trouble if the investigation is not done properly and culprits are not punished.
Perhaps, last year there were some mullahs caught fiddling with train tracks but idk, another time once again mullahs were caught breaking some embankment in Assam

Anyway in Greece some months back there was a train accident like this, 36 people died and some 100 injured

It then resulted in months long protests with 50k protestors

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But this does not look like a human error.
The first train derailed near a goods train and than the second one had too less of a time to react.
Windows for both train accident could be less than 1/2 hour. If accidents took more time than that means the system is at fault.
From what I hear is that sf express derailed then after few minutes coromandel coming at 130 rams it
Few coaches were like in air and went to hit stationary malgadi
That's what I heard from locals

another_armchair

Country flag
Sequence of events:

1) Bengaluru-Howrah super fast derails near Balasore.

2) Coromandel Express coming from opposite direction rams into derailed coaches.

3) 12 Coromandel Exp coaches derail, some of which hit stationary Goods Train on the third track.
Still doesn't explain the presence of Bangalore-Howrah SF at the spot at that time.

Was it running late?

Khair, just nitpicking.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
disaster response on the spot seems to be much better than what it used to be a decade ago, now NDRF/SDRF teams even seem to have "jaws of life" cutters, earlier gas cutters were a common sight in the "golden hours" itself.

another_armchair

Country flag
Its Crazy: Two train derailed at almost same time at same station in UP & DOWN tracks!

Very less time to react.

View attachment 208622
So 12864 was indeed running late.

1685771894112.png

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The rescue operation has been completed, now we are starting the restoration work. Kawach was not available on this route: Amitabh Sharma, Railways Spokesperson

Porkislayer

Country flag
Perhaps, last year there were some mullahs caught fiddling with train tracks but idk, another time once again mullahs were caught breaking some embankment in Assam

Anyway in Greece some months back there was a train accident like this, 36 people died and some 100 injured

It then resulted in months long protests with 50k protestors

In Kerala too they've set coaches on fire more than a couple of times now. The same train (not sure about this).

another_armchair

Country flag
That fucking train is always late. That one and Kalka Mail pisses me off
Had the misfortune of traveling in YPR-HWR express once. The A/C coaches are garbage and the biotoilets are overflowing. You step into a watery pool of floating feces.

BC sight is enough to make you retch.

Absolute hell on wheels.

My cousins have traveled more often and they share similar stories.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
*No one from reserved coaches of Bengaluru-Howrah Express train injured or dead few in GS coach wounded.
Railway officials here on Saturday said as per the latest information available, no one from the reserved coaches got injured or died, while few passengers from the General Seating (GS) coach had some injuries.

994 reserved and around 300 unreserved passengers are estimated to have boarded the Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express from Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal (SMVB) in the city.

2 GS coaches and Brake Van of the express train that left from SMVB derailed, they said, "As they were unreserved coaches, it will take some time to ascertain identity of passengers. In reserved coaches, details of passengers including contact number are available in the database as they are registered during reservation of ticket."

Upon receipt of more updates, more details would be shared with the public, they added. According to an update available from Balasore, officials said the unaffected portion of the train with passengers has left towards Howrah.
After detaching the damaged coach from the rake at Balasore, the remaining 19 coaches with passengers onboard left #Balasore at 05.08 am and continued its onward journey towards Howrah, the express train's destination, with speed restriction of 40 kmph, the update further said.

NutCracker

Country flag
Had the misfortune of traveling in YPR-HWR express once. The A/C coaches are garbage and the biotoilets are overflowing. You step into a watery pool of floating feces.

BC sight is enough to make you retch.

Absolute hell on wheels.

My cousins have traveled more often and they share similar stories.

it was YPR-HWR or HWR-YPR

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I think we need to put it in perspective for the much younger members. Back in 90s and even early 00's, every week you'd see a couple or more train accidents. I still remember the Mughalsarai train accident on tv, newspapers vividly from my childhood.

We are much better off now, yes we will have disasters when we run such a huge train network. It is very tragic what happened, but remember we are here after a looong struggle with even worse situations.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles