Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Damian

Seems to be the first photo of "Kurganets-25" platform.

Akim

Country flag
How is its protection against RPG-7 shots and 12.7mm HMG?
Shot m RPG in basic version, of course not stand. On the statement of the producers protects against 14.5 mm, and the bottom of the stand 6 kg of mine.

JBH22

Shot m RPG in basic version, of course not stand. On the statement of the producers protects against 14.5 mm, and the bottom of the stand 6 kg of mine.
Any pictures of the troop compartment I see it a continuation of Russia BTR concept and if you ask me the latest version of BTR-80 appears to be way better.

Akim

Country flag
Any pictures of the troop compartment I see it a continuation of Russia BTR concept and if you ask me the latest version of BTR-80 appears to be way better.
The BTR-90 is dead! A "Boomerang" has not been created yet in the metal. And similar features can be found in many ACP's.

JBH22

The BTR-90 is dead! A "Boomerang" has not been created yet in the metal. And similar features can be found in many ACP's.
I precisely mentioned updated version of BTR-80 afaik its name BTR-82A.
What I really want to know is what is better in this BTR-4 over existing Russian BTR.

Akim

Country flag
What I really want to know is what is better in this BTR-4 over existing Russian BTR.
Ukraine in the USSR never created APC. He has a modular design. In comparison with the BTR-82А motor is in the midst. Troops leaves the BTR-4 through a ramp . Other armor, the chassis. It is possible to put various combat modules.

Damian

BTR-4MV seems to have better shaped front hull armor, when it comes to protection against small arms fire (12,7mm and 14,5mm). Also it is more ergonomic design due to engine placement and how dismounts get out of vehicle.

Also as Akim said, Ukrainian design can be armed with various combat modules, which is difficult in case of BTR-80 and BTR-82.

JBH22

@Akim with the BTR-4 its difficult for troops to ride top of this APC?

Last edited by a moderator:

Akim

Country flag
@Akim with the BTR-4 its difficult for troops to ride top of this APC?
And they don't need to be at the top. There is an uninhabited module, and the output from the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBH22

And they don't need to be at the top. There is an uninhabited module, and the output from the rear.
Whatever the protection at the end of the day because of IEDs like in Chechnya there are great chances that troops might prefer to ride on that like BTR-70.

Akim

Country flag
Whatever the protection at the end of the day because of IEDs like in Chechnya there are great chances that troops might prefer to ride on that like BTR-70.
This military armored personnel carriers. For guerrilla wars and police operations, Ukraine produces, together with India, KrAZ-MRAP When there was a war in Chechnya, in Russia there was no such class of armored vehicles,

JBH22

This military armored personnel carriers. For guerrilla wars and police operations, Ukraine produces, together with India, KrAZ-MRAP When there was a war in Chechnya, in Russia there was no such class of armored vehicles,
I know MRAP are better suited for IEDs but if you compare with western APC correct me if I'm wrong but it seems their APCs have performed better in IED environment better crew survivability.

Akim

Country flag
I know MRAP are better suited for IEDs but if you compare with western APC correct me if I'm wrong but it seems their APCs have performed better in IED environment better crew survivability.
BTR-4M withstand the detonation of a mine TM-57, but he is weak against bezobolochnoe fugass.

Global Defence

Articles