Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

militarysta

See the post-5651and with an EDIT in 5654, You can not counter it any way.

you can use bar holder length only on the outside,

I have explained with detail the LOS behind the main sight by comparing the distances in the crew compartment, which is what counts.
But You did this in completly wrong way. :)

When is ending armour inside turret is visible on interiot pictures. Turret roof periscope(vision blokc) is good indicator.
So it's possible to count this "from the outside". In fact all your mesurments are worth shit becouse you have error on circa 30% level(!)

Dejawolf, Methos, STGN, myself, and finnaly pmaitra had simmilar values: circa 310-350mm LOS.
So more or les 5 diffrent user using difrent method have value compleltly diffrent then you.
Yes - you made mistake after mistake,.
circa 315-350mm it's all.

and what more - Kunal posted that behind main sight there is no composite armour. It was explain tounsend times, and still - you are wrong, your mesurments are silly.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
I think we have all presented our numbers. So, we can lay this to rest. We can only corroborate if someone (perhaps @Kunal Biswas or @sayareakd?) visits this tank and takes some real measurements.
You have only made a determination of the out side dimension ,

In post no-5651 and 5654 , I have made a clear inside measurement based on the known human face height as a basic parameter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/HeadAnthropometry.JPG

pmaitra,
In the link above human head average measurements are given,

In that table the height of the human head from chin to skull is given as 23.2 mm for 50 percent of males in item no-14.

In the picture posted above 1.7143 is the ratio of this human head height to the Tc seat head rest behind him at a point close to the left hand side edge of the head rest.

So the height of the head rest is 23.2/ 1.7143= 13. 53 mm, is the height of the Tc seat head rest at the left hand side edge of the TC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/HeadAnthropometry.JPG

In the picture below the ratio of the [horizontal distance between the front surface of the TC head rest and the inside opening of the vision block on the top left corner of the picture ] / [height of the Tc seat head rest is ] = 85

So 85 x 13.53 = 1149 mm. from the front surface of the Tc seat head rest

[So from the 2500 mm pivot base point (if we exclude the gun covering plate this 2500 mm point becomes the 2350 mm point, because we have to give a 150 mm depth for the gun covering plate)the roof top vision block opening is situated 1149 mm away.Dejawolf too agrees with this and has a claim of 1200 mm for the same region. So no dispute here just 50 mm this way or that way.

See in the photo above the vision block over the tc's seat is well behind the pivot base and not even visible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the picture above , In the same way the ratio of [ distance from front tip of the turret(excluding the gun cover plate) to the pivot base of the hatch cover ] / [ distance from tip of the turret (excluding the gun cover plate) to for hatch cutaway ] is 3.14 .

In the image below distance from front tip of the turret(excluding the gun cover plate) to the pivot base of the hatch cover is 2250

so 2250 / 3.14 = 716 mm is the gap for the hatch cutaway.

So 2350 - 1149 - 716= 485 mm.

So 485 mm is the LOS for armor behind main sight till the opening of the roof top vision block into crew compartment.

What is the bone of contention is what happens after that, I am arguing based on the shape of the rectangular cut , that the light from the roof top vision block comes through a rectangular channel and after that channel there is a small block of armor 200 mm more in depth above the orange dial box, which is not accepted by any one here.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@ersakthivel,

Frankly, I am having dificulty understanding your posts, so I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I really do not know what you are saying.

Do this, when you have time.
  • Download these pictures and save them on your disk.
  • Create a PowerPoint, and paste them there.
  • Use lines, boxes, transparency, text-boxes, and arrows to indicate what part of segment or the image you are trying to discuss.

If you do this, you will find it easier to convince others.

Repeatedly posting pictures with a lot of verbose explanation is difficult to understand. Also, what you call a pivot, I call a hinge. I would call that a sight-cavity but I saw someone use the term dog-house. When I see these terms, I do not understand. So, best is, explain using diagrams, and it will require a little bit of hard work.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@ersakthivel,

Frankly, I am having dificulty understanding your posts, so I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you. I really do not know what you are saying.

Do this, when you have time.
  • Download these pictures and save them on your disk.
  • Create a PowerPoint, and paste them there.
  • Use lines, boxes, transparency, text-boxes, and arrows to indicate what part of segment or the image you are trying to discuss.

If you do this, you will find it easier to convince others.

Repeatedly posting pictures with a lot of verbose explanation is difficult to understand. Also, what you call a pivot, I call a hinge. I would call that a sight-cavity but I saw someone use the term dog-house. When I see these terms, I do not understand. So, best is, explain using diagrams, and it will require a little bit of hard work.
OK. I will try to make a power point presentation of this post later on. which will explain a lot of things.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As far as i remember over the tank, Is the hatch size is nearly twice of a regular 30cm scale ..

pmaitra

As far as i remember over the tank, Is the hatch size is nearly twice of a regular 30cm scale ..
So, that would be in the vicinity of 50-60cm, or 500-600mm, or approximately half a metre. So, I guess our estimates are about correct.

militarysta

So, that would be in the vicinity of 50-60cm, or 500-600mm, or approximately half a metre. So, I guess our estimates are about correct.

It depend beetwen what points we will masure "hight" of hath. In fact this what I had posted above is only "inner diameter" of crew hath.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
So 550mm/ 0.69= 800 mm must be the size of the bar holder.

But according to the picture below the militarysta says the bar holder is just 500 mm,

The bar holder looks the same at around 500 mm in the BR drawing below.

Since you estimated the dia of the crew hole and the gap between the roof top vision block and the dog house or main sight cutaway as almost the same , both of them must be close to 500 mm whatever Milatarysa says,

surely the entry hole for the Tc can not be just 350 mm across.

Last edited:

militarysta

But according to the picture below the militarysta says the bar holder is just 500 mm,

So they could have increased the size of the bar holder later and it may not be 512 mm as militarysta claims.
First - I alwayes said that it was 520mm
Second - look post above

pmaitra

So they could have increased the size of the bar holder later and it may not be 512 mm as militarysta claims.

Where does 0.69 come from? Where is 500mm? I can see 520mm, but no 500mm.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Where does 0.69 come from? Where is 500mm? I can see 520mm, but no 500mm.
Well the entry hole for the TC is 0.69771 units of bar holder length(512 mm , so 500 mm approx as we can get from BR line drawing) ,I suppose

In the photo above if we take the hatch width to be 550 m around,

We can get the the hatch height of 470 mm around.

So both the 0.638 unit you marked should measure about 465 mm minimum,

Thats why I always contested the LOS calculations of militarysta.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Well the entry hole for the TC is 0.69771 units of bar holder length(512 mm , so 500 mm approx as we can get from BR line drawing) ,I suppose
Can you mark which bar holder you are talking about? There are many bar holders in that image.

Once again, mark it, upload the image, and then post.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Can you mark which bar holder you are talking about? There are many bar holders in that image.

Once again, mark it, upload the image, and then post.

see the two green lines of the 0.638201 units mark you made that touch the bar holder Milarysta is talking about

Militaryata always his 350 mm LOS theory on the point that the same bar holder measures 520 mm in length.

Since you were arguing with him , I thought that you were saying that the entry hole for the Tc is 0.6977 times the length of the bar holder.

So what in your opinion does 0.6977 units measures in mm?

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
520mm you mooron...
jesus, you even cant't read simple value!
Jesus , What is this?

If 0.6971 equals 470 mm
then
automatically 0.6387 equals 440 mm,

What is the fuss all about?

I have already posted this in debates with you, don't pretend , that you have not read it.

pmaitra

@ersakthivel, ok, I get it. It is coming as 1.007 units, so yes, you are right, the bar holder (front left) is approx. 1 unit, and the hatch is 0.697711 units.

Dejawolf

I had made a small approximation error:

So, if the hatch hole as marked (little less than the diamater) is 500mm, then the armour thickness is around 500mmx(0.6358/0.6977) = 455mm.

hatch rim width in that picture is about 85 pixels = 55 cm
length along orange arrow hatch opening is about 55 pixels. so ratio between hatch length/hatch width is 0.64.
55*0.64 = 35cm length for hatch opening.

350mmx(0.6358/0.6977) = 319mm

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
hatch rim width in that picture is about 85 pixels = 55 cm
length along orange arrow hatch opening is about 55 pixels. so ratio between length/width is 0.64.
55*0.64 = 35cm length for hatch opening.

350mmx(0.6358/0.6977) = 319mm
well you hold a Phd in reducing everything in this world to 319 mm, whatever any on posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then what is this?

[/QUOTE]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles