Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Can bullets trigger the ERA bricks?

@Saya the second pic is a Pakistani tank?
GK bullet cannot trigger ERA bricks only down side is soldiers cannot sit on to of tank as ERA explosion will kill them.

no T 72M1 with DRDO upgrade

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this video explain what ERA is

but i dont like the idea what if anti tank weapon strike the region where their is no ERA. Plus most anti tank weapons now come with tandom warhead which can defeat ERA.

Last edited by a moderator:

pack leader

Professional
that's why Koreans and Israelis use nera
its re-useable 100% safe and can be put inside laminate armor
our armored forces us 2 different types of nera together that is why our armor is the best
exported for Challenger (add on armor) and k-2

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
that's why Koreans and Israelis us nera
our armored forces us 2 different types of nera together that is why our armor is the best
you will surprise to see our NEAR armor, just wait till new version of Arjun tank come into picture, It may also happen that Arjun MK-II might also feature NEAR but on late model. (as told by Israeli about NEAR)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Saya i know the basics of that but i was wondering if an bullet can trigger the explosion. Many bullets can pierce the flyer plates and hit the explosive inside.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Saya i know the basics of that but i was wondering if an bullet can trigger the explosion. Many bullets can pierce the flyer plates and hit the explosive inside.
GK do you think that bullet can penetrate armor plate, specially the one used for tank.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
that's why Koreans and Israelis use nera
The NERA Armour is being tested on the Arjun now and it will be released on the Mk2 version of Arjun.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
GK do you think that bullet can penetrate armor plate, specially the one used for tank.
I said flyer or face plate not armor, they can penetrate thin plates of armor like the face plate, which is sandwiches the explosive and outer layer.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
GK use this if you want to get pass ERA, this pic was taken by me in 2008.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The NERA Armour is being tested on the Arjun now and it will be released on the Mk2 version of Arjun.
Its Old, Hybrid Armour been tested, DRDO proposed it on present tank no further idea what happened but its going for FMBT 100%..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Saya if you where an Nation you would have been defeated for the inability to understand the problems! I asked if the bullets pierced the face plate and hit the explosive will it trigger it. Bullet is also an hot projectile and causes sparks that may ignite any explosive.

plugwater

Saya if you where an Nation you would have been defeated for the inability to understand the problems! I asked if the bullets pierced the face plate and hit the explosive will it trigger it. Bullet is also an hot projectile and causes sparks that may ignite any explosive.
yes it will trigger, I dont think it will from a Ak's bullet but from an anti material rifle it will explode.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
yes it will trigger, I dont think it will from a Ak's bullet but from an anti material rifle it will explode.
I heard even soldiers sitting on it triggers it some times! An AK-47 can definitely pierce the face plate and hit the explosive. So i guess it will trigger it?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir is best person here to answer that, but think like designer, tanks operate in hostile environment where bullets flying from all sides. So they should make it atlest bullet proof tiles.

As Manc said anti material can easily pass and pierced the tile which will trigger ERA. but then it only is going to take out only one tile, rest of tiles are intact.

here pic from georgia war.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Bullets like 50cal or Russian 50cal are good enough to penetrate ERA tiles, A ERA tile will only explode when fully penetrated, Its also possible that a ERA tile explode after a 7.62 nato penetrate a tile right in between..

It is known ERA are vulnerable to bullets, so now days ERA comes as multi layer, The ERA used on Merkava and M1A2 also challenger are modern multilayer ERAs which are more or less small tiles of Hybrid ERA..

Storm shadow

Country flag
Guys,NERA may be able to withstand multiple hits of HEAT warheads but can't withstand modern longrod FSAPDS rounds.Russian kontact 5 and more modern relict heavy ERA can defeat even DU rounds.That's why DRDO will equip Arjuns with heavy ERA tiles.The turret roof may be equipped with the new indigenous honeycomb heavy NERA tiles because turret roof will come under attack only from ATGMs with heat warheads and by doing so Arjuns can be made virtually invincible as NERA tiles are immune to HEAT rounds.
REGARDS....

pashya001

belive urself

if we belive ourself then and then only we become real superpower

Global Defence

New threads

Articles