Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Oh I am not saying that they will be able to stop our river water or anything. I am just saying the imaginary border that I am proposing will affectively make India and China two continents that will be less suspicious of each other and can do anything (build a dam for example) in their own territory without any sort of propaganda coming from the other side and hence will probably remain peaceful for much longer.
Having more of Indus (especially from its point of origin) in our territory also serves a nationalistic prospect.
Plus this also cuts off any land borders with our neighbours, so less blackmailing from them.

Without that, even if some sort of peace is achieved, we will always have the trouble of china doing something in Nepal or Bhutan, having control over our religious places or even building dams on Brahmaputra which has the potential to affect the flow of the river. Similar reasons why peace can never be achieved with pakistan. What I am saying is that we need both geographical AND economic parity to have lasting peace. Achieving one won't prevent hostility and hence we, and Asia as a whole, will continue to be second to the west.
Ah right.. Well the one i drew would cover all of Indus & 5 rivers sources, but Tsangpo is far too inside Tibet

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
T14 isnt an invincible warrior as russians terms it to be.
We all know that T-14 Armata is not an Invincible Warrior lile what the Russians claim the T-14 is.
And Frankly speaking ,no Weopon system is as good as Their Manufacturers potray them to be. No Weopon system on this Planet is completely Invincible.

Super Flanker

Banned
Likely the export variant of the T-14 Armata if the track record of our beloved army is to be taken as an indication.
Yeah, we know the Track Record of Indian Army, always preference to "Import". There are lots of Chances which Indicate that Indian Army might go for the T-14 Armata Main Battle Tank(MBT).

Super Flanker

Banned
Why can't India make a SPG from Arjun chassis?
SPG? Are you referring to SPG(Self Propelled Gun) from the Arjun Chasis? Than I am not sure about that to be honest. There was something Called the Arjun Catapult which was basically a Soviet 130 mm M-46 towed gun integrated on Arjun Mk.1 main battle tank chassis.
Here are a couple of Articles Which might be useful for more information
Basically it's a Russian/Soviet Howitzer on Arjun mk1 Chasis.
arjun_catapult.jpg

Here's a Picture of the Arjun Catapult system.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
SPG? Are you referring to SPG(Self Propelled Gun) from the Arjun Chasis? Than I am not sure about that to be honest. There was something Called the Arjun Catapult which was basically a Soviet 130 mm M-46 towed gun integrated on Arjun Mk.1 main battle tank chassis.
View attachment 125324

It should be 155mm so that it can be exported.

Super Flanker

Banned
It should be 155mm so that it can be exported.
honestly ,I am Not really Very much sure with regards to Export though, Arjun Catapult was not Designed for Export,it was just made to fullfil a Requirement of the Indian Army of 40 such Systems frankly speaking here.
I wish DRDO and our other Defence companies would come up with an Indigenous SPG (similar to the K-9)which would be fully Indian.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Why can't India make a SPG from Arjun chassis?
View attachment 125324
1639535281283.jpeg

They attempted to do so with the Bhim SPH in partnership with Denel. Here they mated a Denel T6 Turret with an Arjun Chasis and a Denel G5 155/52 cal gun. But when Denel was blacklisted for corruption in the sale of NTW-20 Anti-Material Rifles, all Denels projects in India fell through.

Super Flanker

Banned
View attachment 125336
They attempted to do so with the Bhim SPH in partnership with Denel. Here they mate a Denel T6 Turret with an Arjun Chasis and a Denel 155/52 cal gun. But when Denel was blacklisted for corruption in the sale of NTW-20 Anti-Material Rifles, all Denels projects fell through.
I know about the Denel gun though.
But hopefully after we bought K-9 Vajra Self Propelled Artillery from South Korea Under Transfer of Technology, DRDO can use that and build an Indigenous K-9 type Artillery Gun system.
That's all that I hope for here. We must try and Be Self sufficient in building Tanks, Artillery , Infantry Rifles etc. We have so much Potential here to be fair.
arjun_mk2.jpg

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I know about the Denel gun though.
But hopefully after we bought K-9 Vajra Self Propelled Artillery from South Korea Under Transfer of Technology, DRDO can use that and build an Indigenous K-9 type Artillery Gun system.
That's all that I hope for here. We must try and Be Self sufficient in building Tanks, Artillery , Infantry Rifles etc. We have so much Potential here to be fair.
View attachment 125338
Honestly we can try to resurrect the BHIM SPH by mating the ATAGS gun and our own turret. Or even the K9 turret if the Koreans are willing to let us integrate the ATAGS gun but I doubt they’ll let us do so.

Super Flanker

Banned
Honestly we can try to resurrect the BHIM SPH by mating the ATAGS gun and our own turret. Or even the K9 turret if the Koreans are willing to let us integrate the ATAGS gun but I doubt they’ll let us do so.
Yeah. Agreed

Super Flanker

Banned
Australia will buy K-9 SPGs.
Yes. Australia is buying K-9 SPGs from South Korea and after it , Australia will become it's 7th Customer.
Australia-buying-South-Koreas-K9-howitzer-for-protected-mobile-fires-program.jpg

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Perhaps you can create a concept of future version MK2/3 of Arjun MBT showing APS (radar, LWR, optical sensors, hard kill launcher) & skirt armour like M1A2 TUSK & in Challenger-2.
I am working on 2 more models, one of them being a mix of both fmbt concepts and another a light tank. But they'll take a while to complete as I want to focus on my academic rn.

MonaLazy

The answer is very complex. If you want to summarize in one line their are lot of interest in importing than using locally developed product.
Please explain the complex answer when you have time. It is hard to understand this behavioral trait of our MoD/defence forces. Is the idea always to apply a quick fix? Than look long term and develop capability for decades? Also if Indian solutions are backed to the hilt - then the infamous L1 clause would mean foreigners can't compete at all.

For long even indigenous production in India meant ToT to OFB or allied and screwdrivergiri here in India with most vital components still being imported from OEM. I think the idea of design and innovate in India has not taken hold in power centers of the country- they are still thinking ToT and make (manufacture) in India- which is the lower end of the product spectrum.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles