Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

The picture is too clear, And if Photoshopped its easy to notice..

I doubt this is not a real deal..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag

The picture is too clear, And if Photoshopped its easy to notice..

I doubt this is not a real deal..
Yes, that is the real deal of a partially upgraded Arjun. Mk2 prototype.

This is the real deal I'm talking about below(all the upgrades). They said this time it's the fully upgraded Arjun that's doing the trials in thar.

Gupta says that the image that was leaked is taken....

was taken at the CVRDE's proving ground at Avadi earlier this year.
Not from from the trials like we think it was.

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
^^^

I believe it....

Somewhere in thar.. Fully upgraded Arjun..:yey:

sayareakd

Country flag
I dont believe chorgupta, MK-2 video exists without ERA. This is other prototype to test ERA weight.

Bhadra

Country flag
I dont believe chorgupta, MK-2 video exists without ERA. This is other prototype to test ERA weight.
How come you abuse a journalist like this? Simply because he has an opinion of his own? and He writes critically of DRDO ?

That is not fair !!

sayareakd

Country flag
he is same one who said L&T launcher is for Prahar missile, when pointed by others he quickly removed the post. Btw, hate DRDO is club or some thing?

Bhadra

Country flag
he is same one who said L&T launcher is for Prahar missile, when pointed by others he quickly removed the post. Btw, hate DRDO is club or some thing?
So for a mistake you wish to hang him.... and by the way if DODOs remains as they are, there would not be a club but hate DODO movement.... an Andolan. I know you understand the frustration of India Club !!

sayareakd

Country flag
@Bhadra, if someone is doing it for the country at shoe string budget and all the controls regimes plus corruption all round us, if you cannot do anything at least stop wasting our time, effort and energy. I am sure you are the one of those guys who put all their money on foreign maal, even if they will provide outdated stuff, still you would go gaga over it. Lets not derail this thread further.

Bhadra

Country flag
@Bhadra, if someone is doing it for the country at shoe string budget and all the controls regimes plus corruption all round us, if you cannot do anything at least stop wasting our time, effort and energy. I am sure you are the one of those guys who put all their money on foreign maal, even if they will provide outdated stuff, still you would go gaga over it. Lets not derail this thread further.
Agreed except that Forces want "foreign" mal. Forces want war winning mal and they have all the rights to demand it. After all it is the question of not only their own safety but safety and security of the country. They also function on shoe string budget which DODOs want to grab.

Look at the cost of Arjun and T-90. What is the advantage to the country in buying Arjun, the ghatia mal at the cost more than T-90?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Look at the cost of Arjun and T-90. What is the advantage to the country in buying Arjun, the ghatia mal at the cost more than T-90?
Bhardra Ji,

You have problem with DRDO / OFB, But not the real culprits in Avadi, dont you ?, DRDO > DEFENSE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION , Thy dont Manufacture, The way i see you have personal quarrel with them and you are here to bash again..

Bhadra

Country flag
Bhardra Ji,

You have problem with DRDO / OFB, But not the real culprits in Avadi, dont you ?, DRDO > DEFENSE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION , Thy dont Manufacture, The way i see you have personal quarrel with them and you are here to bash again..
Kunal Ji,

NO, NO and NO.
Entire India and defense establishment has problems with them. They have failed the Nehuruvian dream of self reliance. They have failed their father - that idiot Krishna Menon. They are not Army. They are producers, inventors and manufactures. They are such advertisers that no one knows OFB. Every thing that comes to Forces have a claim on it by DODOs.
They are supposed to give results. But they are the most unproductive organ of th MoD just there for their employment drawing fat salaries and eating money on imported parts and mal.

As a citizen of the country and a tax payer, they are answerable to me. Yes I am citizen of India.

Mirchi lagati hai to kuchha kaam karo. Advertise mat karo. Have your bloody head high !!

Last edited:

sayareakd

Country flag
when you talk sense then it is good to answer your post.

T90 does not have APU, plus most of the system on T90A version like Shtora is absent on T90S.
plus with numbers of order they have advantage of economic of scale.
funny thing is that we paid for complete TOT, that means that we have source code for T90S fire control, but we didnt :frusty:. When Israeli rounds were put on the t90 gun, it refused to fire. Russians robs us on the tank ammo for T90S.

Now lets look at Arjun tank, if you will order more of it, then domestic company can produce its engine and other component, which will bring down the cost of making, with APU Arjun has silent mode observation capability which is absent in T90s. Most of the things we can produce in the country and as i said above if large order is given those things which were imported will be produce here since it is not economic to produce them in short numbers.

Last by not the least, when soviet union fell we had tough time with spare parts, Pakistani faced the same with kind of situation with their F-16 when US refused to supply its spare parts. Now it war happens then you will be in real mess and at the mercy of the supplier. Not to forget that foreign product data can be obtain by the enemy including the data of ammo supplied. Plus for any changes you will be at the mercy of the supplier like the Israeli ammo for the tank. Ofcouse you will end up sending lot of forex which can be put to better use for something else. Oh yeah i forgot to add that we get employment in country if you buy domestic product. yeah one more thing in war time you have to flow in supplies from abroad, sometime you will get it sometime you cannot, foreign supplier will first give priority to their own country, then they will supply you.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunal Ji,
NO, NO and NO.
Entire India and defense establishment has problems with them. They are producers, inventors and manufactures.
As a citizen of the country and a tax payer, they are answerable to me. Yes I am citizen of India.
I cannot go further coz its vain, I understand your view and i should tell you Sir, You must email them on there site and MOD and Complain..

You keep interrupting here in between people`s debates and derailing the topics, I cannot go like this...

You have to get your talks with the real people coz none of us here working in DRDO or OFB..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Must understand difference between "Ford" and "Float".....
Ford is where tank is moving with the bottom of the river ( Submerged ) For air to engines it have snorkels..

Where as Float the Vehicle swims Simply..

Bhadra

Country flag
when you talk sense then it is good to answer your post.

T90 does not have APU, plus most of the system on T90A version like Shtora is absent on T90S.
plus with numbers of order they have advantage of economic of scale.
funny thing is that we paid for complete TOT, that means that we have source code for T90S fire control, but we didnt :frusty:. When Israeli rounds were put on the t90 gun, it refused to fire. Russians robs us on the tank ammo for T90S.

Now lets look at Arjun tank, if you will order more of it, then domestic company can produce its engine and other component, which will bring down the cost of making, with APU Arjun has silent mode observation capability which is absent in T90s. Most of the things we can produce in the country and as i said above if large order is given those things which were imported will be produce here since it is not economic to produce them in short numbers.

Last by not the least, when soviet union fell we had tough time with spare parts, Pakistani faced the same with kind of situation with their F-16 when US refused to supply its spare parts. Now it war happens then you will be in real mess and at the mercy of the supplier. Not to forget that foreign product data can be obtain by the enemy including the data of ammo supplied. Plus for any changes you will be at the mercy of the supplier like the Israeli ammo for the tank. Ofcouse you will end up sending lot of forex which can be put to better use for something else. Oh yeah i forgot to add that we get employment in country if you buy domestic product. yeah one more thing in war time you have to flow in supplies from abroad, sometime you will get it sometime you cannot, foreign supplier will first give priority to their own country, then they will supply you.
Same arguments can be advanced against Arjun
Most of the systems are imported
There is no ammunition for the main guns...

so on and so forth..

@Kunal
When in every thread these guys shout the "general" and "foreign Mal", you do get derailed ? If you guys are not from DRDO or OFB then why do you all make such baseless accusations. You think those oppose DRDO are from Army?

Articles