Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Austin

If the actual battle has such shrubs , small hills and the kind of environment we see in previous Arjun picture , I am wondering how difficult it would be to spot a tank in such background specially if its well camoflaged as Arjun is.

Damian

If the actual battle has such shrubs , small hills and the kind of environment we see in previous Arjun picture , I am wondering how difficult it would be to spot a tank in such background specially if its well camoflaged as Arjun is.
Depends on optics You are using, it is easy in thermals, especially in such temperatures.

hitesh

Exercises are not battles. So why expose inner portionof the Guns to sand and dust ?? You know what it takes to clean the barrels of a Gun?
then they should have done it with T90 also.................................

p2prada

Exercises are not battles. So why expose inner portionof the Guns to sand and dust ?? You know what it takes to clean the barrels of a Gun?
A bunch of guys are required to clean the barrel and is quite routine. Tanks are required to fire live rounds during exercises too.

The photos may have been taken after the display that happens before the exercises begin, perhaps why it has the cap.

p2prada

Thermals and BSRs can spot them. All our Camo's are battle tested unlike most armies. So, don't worry about Camos.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
question to gurus, as this is confirmed again that OFB is the one who cracked the code to make barrels for T 90 (smooth bore types), what is the probability that IA will ask for same implementation in Arjun, I think IA is very much happy with the current gun

Business Line : OTHERS / EDITORIAL FEATURE : We're making Ordnance factories future ready, says OFB Chairman Dimri

Now, OFB is vigorously pursuing R&D. Ordnance Factories have successfully come up with many new products such as Commanders' thermal imaging night sight for T-72, driver night sight for BMP–II, indigenous barrel for T-90 tank and mine protected vehicles,

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They are working on more powerful ammo, the gun will remain same..

p2prada

Changing the gun will bring in a lot of delays. The 120mm rifle gun is good enough as long as we have good ammunition. If we change to smoothbore then the FCS, stabilization, Ballistic Computer will have to be modified or changed. OFB will have a much more difficult time to try and come up with 120mm smoothbore ammunition.

Storm shadow

Country flag
Changing the gun will bring in a lot of delays. The 120mm rifle gun is good enough as long as we have good ammunition. If we change to smoothbore then the FCS, stabilization, Ballistic Computer will have to be modified or changed. OFB will have a much more difficult time to try and come up with 120mm smoothbore ammunition.
Yeah,your 1st part seems to be correct.But why they should have problem in developing ammo for a smooth barrel gun??I thought ammos used in a smooth barrel gun are much simpler to produce!!

p2prada

Yeah,your 1st part seems to be correct.But why they should have problem in developing ammo for a smooth barrel gun??I thought ammos used in a smooth barrel gun are much simpler to produce!!
They will have to change their production style and this will take time. Then the gun also has to undergo tests and acceptance. This will bring in delays, a lot of delays.

We already have nearly 124 Mk1s with rifle guns. Keep the Rifle gun and change it on FMBT as planned. It is a whole new tank anyway, so why the extra effort to waste both time and money.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles