Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

ramakrishna

can any one highlight the comparison between Arjun MK II MBT vs Al-Khalid II ??? ..... wherever I read Arjun vs Al-Khalid top thumbs up goes to Al Khalid .... can any defence personal show some light on this comparison? ....

Dinesh_Kumar

The Arjun project, though not ordered by the Army in large nos., has proved that we can build a world class armoured vehicle, incl. certain sub-systems like Tank tracks, ergonomic driver seat and controls, the famous TI system, Kanchan Armour Suite,120 mm Main Gun, torsion bar suspension ,integrate the weapons and sensors,and finally build an indegenous production line at Avadi. Large orders of T-90 by IA gives us an opportunity for a lighter Mk-3 version, with good armour protection, and using same logistics as T-72 and T-90. Also localize the Renk transmission and MTU 10 cylinder engine (a development originally from the '70s), this is better and more powerful than alternate Russian solution.

ramakrishna

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
wouldn't the ir jammer be installed at the top of the turret and era protection should be on both side of the turret since both sides of the turret are likely get hit by enemy tank round or rpg/other atgm.

The Last Stand

Country flag
can any one highlight the comparison between Arjun MK II MBT vs Al-Khalid II ??? ..... wherever I read Arjun vs Al-Khalid top thumbs up goes to Al Khalid .... can any defence personal show some light on this comparison? ....
Did you read those comparison on the PAK def forums?

They compare simple things such as mass and gun to say that so and so tank is better. The truth comes out when the tanks themselves are tested, in combat, with skilled crew.

Crew matters above all else.

An experienced crew in an outdated tank will easily win against a new crew in the world's best tank.

Brains > Brawn

ramakrishna

Did you read those comparison on the PAK def forums?

They compare simple things such as mass and gun to say that so and so tank is better. The truth comes out when the tanks themselves are tested, in combat, with skilled crew.

Crew matters above all else.

An experienced crew in an outdated tank will easily win against a new crew in the world's best tank.

Brains > Brawn
yeah ... actually I read the comparison on pk forums ....

you are right we have skilled people ... who can do much damage to pakis ....

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Needless to remind this is dedicated Arjun thread not some Comparison thread ..

Keep it to Arjun MBT only ..

Thank you ....

Rohan Nautiyal

As FM Sam Manekshaw said, It is not the machine which matters, it is the man behind the machine which matters....

Rohan Nautiyal

I hope Arjun Mk II is handed over to the army soon, unlike Arjun I, it took around 15 yrs to develope.....
Jai Hind

Rohan Nautiyal

Even if Pak comes out with Al Khalid III, they still wouldn't be able to defeat our skiiled, trained and abled crew......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think its insulting to do some comparison with some mutated Chinese clone tin cane ..

If you have any questions regarding Arjun MK2 do ask ..

Even if Pak comes out with Al Khalid III, they still wouldn't be able to defeat our skiiled, trained and abled crew......

hitesh

Pakistan Infantry and there tank crew skill are not much differ from IA although we have numerical superiority, We cant behave like if IA is like western Armies in terms of tactics and training .
Some improvement have stared showing up but that is not up to a level that we can have a upper hand over our advisories on western sector .Infantry is still at poor level .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles