DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
What benefit does c130 airlifting an IFV provide us in our use case/scenario considering the risks?
well logistics win wars and c130 provides that we only have 11 c-17 for lifting more weight while a400m can help us too if we aquire it

Darkindie

Country flag
well logistics win wars and c130 provides that we only have 11 c-17 for lifting more weight while a400m can help us too if we aquire it
unlike USA we have limited number of c130s (12) that too modified for special operations so they most likely won't be used for logistics.

our c130s will be used for capturing chinese airfields during nights, which is when logistics movement/transport happens.

logistics will be supported by c17s, il76s, c295s and the one true god trains.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
The entire point of making a wheeled armoured vehicle is to have good on road performance.... Kind of wasting the potential if we limit its use by airlifting everywhere.

US also only airlifts strykers to theather, but intra theater manevering is done on roads.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I know how painful it is to shad off their love to wonderwaffe. You are not alone.

First, you don't evaluate tank capability by pitting them against each other. You evaluate tank capability wheather they able to support infantry in battle or not.

Western wonderwaffe (Tanks ) heavily used in many of Ukrainian offence. Unfortunately none has performed as what Brown Sipoy has been telling us from years.

On the Other hand, there are countless occasion where T-90 has performed exceptionally.

No matter how many times a day you repeat death- trap death -trap in a day. T-90 tank so far performing best among Wonderwaffe.
Well sir , I must say that being on a defense forum I certainly know that the " TANK" came into being, specifically to destroy massive trench lines in WW1 , and they were quite successful in their endeavour.
Now let's get to iran iraq war , in 80s, the Iraqi t 62s outperformed the iranian chieftains and m60s ,more than destroyed during the battle of dezful or karun river during the Iraqi operation NASR.
But same Iraqi tanks were sitting ducks when attacked by Abrams and challengers in 1991
Or in 2003

Now if must here say that Iraqis had perfected defensive war against iranians, because after Iraqi advance was stopped in 83 ,from that time till 87
Now In this time period, Iraqis were busy in construction of large sand defenses , I mean extensive ones.
Hence when iran launched operation Ramazan , it failed and after that came a string of iranian offensives like operation beit al moqaddas, operation tariq ol qods, the karbala series of offensives
From karbala one to karbala 8 or9 .
In all this iran , was on offensive, the battle for Basra being a highlight, ( look at the Google maps to see that Iraqi defenses still exist from that era .
) Iraqis were tenacious, and thier artillery, pulverized enemies hordes of children on bomb laden bicycles , teenagers charging at them without a a gun and finally proper troops , tanks here played exactly same part as you mentioned ( support the infantry), as being mobile artillery themselves.
Hiding behind defenses.
Iraqiis finally went on offensives in 87 with their Ramadan Mubarak and tawakal ala allah operation series, which forced iranian side for peace .
Fast forward 1991.
Same tactic was employed, Iraqis were using their tanks for troop support again , yet american Abrams destroyed them in huge numbers with their depleted uranium shells .
What went wrong here ?
What went wrong was that Americans had adequate number of tanks in the field against Iraqis not a couple of those like ukriane has .
Which has no airsupport, left no air defence left etc .
Hence Russian t Boss seem superior to many .
I really don't think I will change my opinion on this issue anytime soon, sir hence let's agree to disagree.
Whatever serves well In our time of need is best for us.

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
Nice knowing you all here, all I can say is DFI had a huge impact in Indian Defence in total. Before going let me share an update new tests of SLCM were successful, in Total 4 tests were conducted: 3 success 1 was aborted. Soon tests of Lr-AshM with HGV will be conducted, PDV MK-2, LR-LACM, NASM-MR, Astra MK-2 and 3, Rudram-2 and 3 etc be conducted in 24-26 timeframe.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Nice knowing you all here, all I can say is DFI had a huge impact in Indian Defence in total. Before going let me share an update new tests of SLCM were successful, in Total 4 tests were conducted: 3 success 1 was aborted. Soon tests of Lr-AshM with HGV will be conducted, PDV MK-2, LR-LACM, NASM-MR, Astra MK-2 and 3, Rudram-2 and 3 etc be conducted in 24-26 timeframe.
Goodbye, fair winds and following seas. Till we meet again somewhere some day.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

So Tapas finally gets piecemeal orders even after performing not to the standard in the trials. Total 10 Tapas ordered, 4 from Navy and 6 from IAF.

I will say good decision, use these numbers to incrementally upgrade & improve Tapas for larger future orders. Or if Forces think the current performance is adequate more can be ordered.

Last edited:

slayingheaven

Country flag

So Tapas finally gets piecemeal orders even after performing not to the standard in the trials. Total 10 Tapas ordered, 4 from Navy and 6 from IAF.

I will say good decision, use these numbers to incrementally upgrade & improve Tapas for larger future orders. Or if Forces think the current performance is adequate more can be ordered.
By standards it means Marvel level standards* on first try.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
First of all neither hermes is fulfilling those Marvel comic requirements.(It does in simulations though) So if (improved) tapas manages to outperform Hermes in indian conditions it can be ordered in larger numbers. Alpha has reported in past that Hermes gave 15.5hrs endurance if that's true nothing can stop tapas being ordered in larger numbers not even adani joos lobby.
Unless they change requirements.
They don't even tell when Israeli drone crash let alone they will tell us it's endurance.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Mu 2 paisa thoughts , iaf and in might have ordered thare limited numbers of tapas , just to test them in real time , and then could order more

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
30k feet is pretty normal for the size & weight class of Tapas. But okay, we Indians have low standards for ourselves.

First of all neither hermes is fulfilling those Marvel comic requirements.(It does in simulations though) So if (improved) tapas manages to outperform Hermes in indian conditions it can be ordered in larger numbers. Alpha has reported in past that Hermes gave 15.5hrs endurance if that's true nothing can stop tapas being ordered in larger numbers not even adani joos lobby.
Unless they change requirements.
They don't even tell when Israeli drone crash let alone they will tell us it's endurance.
Yes, Tapas is better than Hermes anyday. No idea why they bought Hermes. There are better & cheaper ways tp evaluate it than buying.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles