Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
sorry, I am unable to understand
Can you help me?
Thankyou.
my guess is MoD have done the same thing that they did with tejas ,which is that when production is stabilized then you can have gradual upgrades ,even in 68 tonnes arjun mk1a or mk2 is the most armoured tank in the region with a mine plough so i think mk2 is weight reduction and new indigenous 1500 HP engine

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
mk-1a, as was said above is going to be at test,so how mk-2 is the most upgraded version? and mk-2 regiment is already ordered.
Mk-1a is the most upgraded version or mk-2 is the one.
mk-1a is 68 tonnes or mk-2 weighs that much is question that I am trying to find answer.
I think mk-1a is upgraded version of mk-1 with modifications but not that much of mk-2.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Ya, I remebered this pic was taken in 2011.
That was the older picture of Mark2, probably the 68t one (with full ERA & side armour modules).

The weight later got reduced be a few tonnes. As the above tweet states Arjun Mark1A to be lighter, i think they did those modifications to the base platform, thus Mark1A is most likely a Mark1 with reduced weight... Maybe with some features of Mark2 as well.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
That was the older picture of Mark2, probably the 68t one (with full ERA & side armour modules).

The weight later got reduced be a few tonnes. As the above tweet states Arjun Mark1A to be lighter, i think they did those modifications to the base platform, thus Mark1A is most likely a Mark1 with reduced weight... Maybe with some features of Mark2 as well.
Ya, must be that.
I hope seniors can give some concrete knowledge.
I

Enquirer

You've got some facts mixed up.
Initially there was Mk1.
Then a Mk2 tank was developed with numerous modifications, that pushed the weight to 68 tonnes.
Weight reduction effort was initiated (using aluminum wheels, high nitrogen steel for hull etc).
The old Mk2 was renamed as Mk1A.
The new Mk2 will be the weight reduced version of now Mk1A (or the old Mk2). This is still in design/development.

Skdas

Initially there was Mk1.
Then a Mk2 tank was developed with numerous modifications, that pushed the weight to 68 tonnes.
Weight reduction effort was initiated (using aluminum wheels, high nitrogen steel for hull etc).
The new Mk2 will be the weight reduced version of now Mk1A (or the old Mk2). This is still in design/development.
Ok now the naming convention makes sense

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Initially there was Mk1.
So, the 118 order was for mk1a, I think.

Enquirer

So, the 118 order was for mk1a, I think.
There was an intent for 118 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) tanks, that was put on hold as 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) turned out to be heavier than anticipated. It's speculated that the original intent may go through i.e. 118 of the 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) and then additional orders of 'new Mk2' would be placed.
It is still unclear if IA will actually order the Mk1As, even though the recent reports are claiming that 'trails' have restarted.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
There was an intent for 118 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) tanks, that was put on hold as 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) turned out to be heavier than anticipated. It's speculated that the original intent may go through i.e. 118 of the 'old Mk2' (now Mk1A) and then additional orders of 'new Mk2' would be placed.
It is still unclear if IA will actually order the Mk1As, even though the recent reports are claiming that 'trails' have restarted.
Arjun mk-2 means which we saw in recent defexpo.
I don't think they will order mk-1a, when they are hell bent on weight reduction issue.
Lots of things are going out there.
Why I think there is jostling going on between government and army over this tank induction number?
May be I am wrong.

abingdonboy

Country flag
mk-1a, as was said above is going to be at test,so how mk-2 is the most upgraded version? and mk-2 regiment is already ordered.
Mk-1a is the most upgraded version or mk-2 is the one.
mk-1a is 68 tonnes or mk-2 weighs that much is question that I am trying to find answer.
I think mk-1a is upgraded version of mk-1 with modifications but not that much of mk-2.
Mk.2 and MK.1A has the 93 modifications over MK.1.

Mk.1A will be 68 tons, MK.2 will be <65 tons
Becuase it will have high nitrogen steel and composites, currently been built in Reliance.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Mk.2 and MK.1A has the 93 modifications over MK.1.

Mk.1A will be 68 tons, MK.2 will be <65 tons
Becuase it will have high nitrogen steel and composites, currently been built in Reliance.
In recent defexpo, we saw arjun mk-2, is that the upgraded tank?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles