AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
There was news in march that HAL seeking cabinet approval for AMCA prototype . What happened ?

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
There was news in march that HAL seeking cabinet approval for AMCA prototype . What happened ?

No body will give cabinet approval without completing cdr.

pipebomb

Country flag
Targeting pod can be removed in stealth mode, but yeah ,It's more like a KF-21 but with IWB
What are primary missions of a '5th gen' fighter beside air superiority, to me it is deep penetration to carry out SEAD or strike at high value target. Now SEAD mission will probably be against a stationary target (though time sensitive). Only targeting of high value has a small chance of being a dynamic one (for eg. weapons shipments or nukes). IMHO EOTS only help in dynamic targeting or BDA, rest can be carried out without one.

johnj

What are primary missions of a '5th gen' fighter beside air superiority, to me it is deep penetration to carry out SEAD or strike at high value target. Now SEAD mission will probably be against a stationary target (though time sensitive). Only targeting of high value has a small chance of being a dynamic one (for eg. weapons shipments or nukes). IMHO EOTS only help in dynamic targeting or BDA, rest can be carried out without one.
SEAD with what ? Most of surveillance RF sensor & FCR can change its positions, not so stationary.
Only F35 capable of SEAD in stealth mode [in future] using ARM.

pipebomb

Country flag
SEAD with what ? Most of surveillance RF sensor & FCR can change its positions, not so stationary.
Only F35 capable of SEAD in stealth mode [in future] using ARM.
Drdo istar, netra and other signit aircraft(maybe even ghatak) will do the sniffing and transfer that info through secure datalinks to amca. NATO are providing a similar service to Ukraine.

johnj

Drdo istar, netra and other signit aircraft(maybe even ghatak) will do the sniffing and transfer that info through secure datalinks to amca. NATO are providing a similar service to Ukraine.
surveillance & SEAD were two different things.
So question is how may S400 destroyed by Ukraine so far ?

pipebomb

Country flag
surveillance & SEAD were two different things.
So question is how may S400 destroyed by Ukraine so far ?
I said 'similar', which is not a synonym for exact. First ukraine doesn't has 5th gen aircraft , second i don't get debrief from Ukrainian or Russian MOD every morning with my chai. I pointed out something which are widely reported.

johnj

I said 'similar', which is not a synonym for exact. First ukraine doesn't has 5th gen aircraft , second i don't get debrief from Ukrainian or Russian MOD every morning with my chai. I pointed out something which are widely reported.
Not similar, or close, but two different things.
SEAD is a dangerous operations, that is why long range missile is required, developed stealth, etc. and need special aircraft [weapon] do the job.
On the other hand, istar, netra and other signit aircraft only provide real time surveillance/data collection from safe distance, not good in case of SEAD.
F 35 can enter into highly dangerous places, obtain data, destroy targets from safe location, including fcr[with out other assets], in the case of amca, it use[control] cats/stealth drone for SEAD, and can use ARM [non stealth mode, initially].

pipebomb

Country flag
Not similar, or close, but two different things.
SEAD is a dangerous operations, that is why long range missile is required, developed stealth, etc. and need special aircraft [weapon] do the job.
On the other hand, istar, netra and other signit aircraft only provide real time surveillance/data collection from safe distance, not good in case of SEAD.
F 35 can enter into highly dangerous places, obtain data, destroy targets from safe location, including fcr[with out other assets], in the case of amca, it use[control] cats/stealth drone for SEAD, and can use ARM [non stealth mode, initially].
Let me ask you this, how did Ukrainian get weapons grade track for moskova, a highly mobile target, it can't be tb2.

The only problem i see in AMCA is a small weapons bay. Rest of shortcomings can be fixed with international development.

johnj

Let me ask you this, how did Ukrainian get weapons grade track for moskova, a highly mobile target, it can't be tb2.

The only problem i see in AMCA is a small weapons bay. Rest of shortcomings can be fixed with international development.
moskova -hit by a missile, so the main question is how ?? a vessel armed with multilayer AD system. Also it is not a SEAD operation.
Except Engines or Advanced stealth, we don't need any help, in the case of amca.
For 5th gen jets small weapons bay is normal. [f22 can't carry ARM internally]

binayak95

Country flag
SEAD is no longer a manned fighter's cup of tea.

binayak95

Country flag
moskova -hit by a missile, so the main question is how ?? a vessel armed with multilayer AD system. Also it is not a SEAD operation.
Except Engines or Advanced stealth, we don't need any help, in the case of amca.
For 5th gen jets small weapons bay is normal. [f22 can't carry ARM internally]
the Moskva was plagued by bad servicing, poor trained crews, massive blind sectors in her radar coverage, smart employment of TB2 to divert her primary air search radars, and NATO provided the track to get those missiles on target (read as USAF ELINT birds)

johnj

the Moskva was plagued by bad servicing, poor trained crews, massive blind sectors in her radar coverage, smart employment of TB2 to divert her primary air search radars, and NATO provided the track to get those missiles on target (read as USAF ELINT birds)
I consider these points - bad servicing, poor trained crews.

SARTHAK

Country flag
i got to know from a indian navy vetren that moskva's sailing route had a repetitive pattern and in case of war ,ships avoid this as it makes them vulnerable to detection, he was pretty experienced and possibly right though i have no knowledge of naval domain

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles