AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
No, India always learns from mistakes. Like India didn't repeat Dhruv's mistakes in LCH, AMCA project is going very well as compared to LCA.

This article is just made for drum beating bigotry and delusion that IAF is depleting (obviously not true) but our friends on other side of LoC may sleep well after reading this $hit.
:D
What were mistakes in dhruv?
And I don't see even a prototype in next 15 years....May b first prototype will be flown in 2028 or something.

Superdefender

And I don't see even a prototype in next 15 years....May b first prototype will be flown in 2028 or something.
AURA is more technically complex than AMCA. If introduction of AURA is planned to be in 2019-2020, I don't see much delay in AMCA.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Dhruv is nice in its class(Tejas also is) but took too much time and inferior than expectations.
But I also guess AURA won't come before 2020.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
AURA is more technically complex than AMCA. If introduction of AURA is planned to be in 2019-2020, I don't see much delay in AMCA.
I think AURA is un-manned stealth fighter..Right?
When did prototype of AURA came out.
My bad I am too worst than I thought...I have no Knowledge about Airforce's plans.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
That's not the point. If US now makes a separate version of Tomahawk subsonic cm that can fit in weapon bay, then still F-22 will not use it. You do not use Nirbhaya/Tomahawk to take down aerial threats, air-air missiles do that. Cruise missiles are for ground target destruction, so they are the suitable weapons for Multirole aircrafts or fighters designed for deep strike/penetration. The primary role of F-22 is air dominance. It clears the sky for other aircrafts. Hence it will not carry any Tomahawks any day. Destroyers and SSK/SSNs are suitable platform to launch Nirbhaya. That way salvo of Nirbhaya can do havoc on enemy. We'll not get any advg. if we integrate Nirbhaya in AMCA. Let AMCA carry 2Brohmos-NGs. In future, FGFA takes the role of MKI.We can turn MKIs into deep strike fighters by fitting Nirbhayas.
I want to point out some things...
If we can decrease length and diameter we can fit nirbhay in AMCA ...likely brahmos too
Deep strike what the hell mean...pakistan range from indian border to afganistan border is 400 odd km whay u need deep strike with nirbhay

Superdefender

If we can decrease length and diameter we can fit nirbhay in AMCA ...likely brahmos too
Deep strike what the hell mean...pakistan range from indian border to afganistan border is 400 odd km whay u need deep strike with nirbhay
No, not Pakistan. I mean China. We don't have to intercept aerial threats from Pak. In future, FGFA can fire Astra mk. 3 (similar to Meteor) from inside our lands and that will take care of air targets. AMCA will do SEAD/DEAD. MkI then can blow enemy targets.

Yes, I know Brohmos-NG can fit in. But for that, length of the bay should be minimum 6.5m (for safe release).!!! I have already explained these in previous threads.

smestarz

Country flag
Hmm, role reversal?
Not really, PAKFA with its Stealth will be an advantage,
Against Pakistan, it will the one used on first day of war to hit deep command targets to sort of breach communication and co-ordination, hit the radar and SAM sites, then su-30 MKI can take over
So the same job can be done silently by PAKFA or by Su-30 MKI announcing that "I am here and what you gonna do about it?"

On China front, PAKFA will have to be the MRCA to rely on, to sort of take out the likes of J-20 and also Radar and SAM site and aslo Su-30 MKK as PAKFA will have an edge,
Su-30 MKK vs Su-30 MKI will be very close and not something i would suggest.

smestarz

Country flag
To keep it more interesting, I mean the only logical way then is to hit targets via Punjab and Rajastan, but then with Nirbhay we can use them from even Arabian sea, well outside the range of any Pakistani aircraft.

Superdefender

To keep it more interesting, I mean the only logical way then is to hit targets via Punjab and Rajastan, but then with Nirbhay we can use them from even Arabian sea, well outside the range of any Pakistani aircraft.
That's what I told too. Launch them from ships instead from fighters to make them more effective.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
No, not Pakistan. I mean China. We don't have to intercept aerial threats from Pak. In future, FGFA can fire Astra mk. 3 (similar to Meteor) from inside our lands and that will take care of air targets. AMCA will do SEAD/DEAD. MkI then can blow enemy targets.

Yes, I know Brohmos-NG can fit in. But for that, length of the bay should be minimum 6.5m (for safe release).!!! I have already explained these in previous threads.
Brahmos-NG is smaller than it's predecessor...According to wiki it is 5 meter if we can make it little bit smaller we can fit it AMCA without modifications to weapons bay......
Every time we need not to alter weapons bay we need re think on size of missiles...

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Brahmos-NG is smaller than it's predecessor...According to wiki it is 5 meter if we can make it little bit smaller we can fit it AMCA without modifications to weapons bay......
Every time we need not to alter weapons bay we need re think on size of missiles...
To alter the weapon design of a highly complex weapon like brahmos is not easy. Mini brahmos is in makisng for so many years since it has not surfaced in any material shape.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
To alter the weapon design of a highly complex weapon like brahmos is not easy. Mini brahmos is in makisng for so many years since it has not surfaced in any material shape.
Nothing is easy in defence segment...it will take time but eventually hard work will pay off.
Brahmos is not a public company to say every thing it dose...it is confidential research

Superdefender

Even Length of F-22 weapon bay is 3.9m!! You are talking like AMCA's bay is already finalised. And length Brohmos-NG is 6m.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Nothing is easy in defence segment...it will take time but eventually hard work will pay off.
Brahmos is not a public company to say every thing it dose...it is confidential research
You can not make every weapon sized to fit in particular plane. It is too difficult a work.. If the weapon can not be fitted in internal weapon bay than stick it outside.

tsunami

Country flag
The ships will have bigger risk than Su-30 MKI flying in arabian sea, Which PAF plane will fly against su-30 MKI?
A ship might fire 40-50 Nirbhay, How many SU30-MKI you are going to use to match that. Just increase the range of the missile to 1500-2000 KM and you can fire the missiles towards Pakistan for Gujrat to Islamabad flight, that to without risking any resource and in 1000s.

Superdefender

The ships will have bigger risk than Su-30 MKI flying in arabian sea, Which PAF plane will fly against su-30 MKI?
No, ships will fire Nirbhayas from Arabian sea. And how many sscm can MKI carry? INS Kolkata can carry 16 Brohmos (3,000kg). So calculate yourself how many Nirbhayas can Kolkata carry! And Nirbhaya Mk.2 will have even more range (say 2,000km) and future P15C Destroyers will be packed with more VLS for Nirbhaya. That's why I told you ships and SSK/SSN are suitable platforms to launch sscm. By that, sscm can instantly achieve very low altitude to escape from radars, unlike realising from very high altitudes from fighters.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
No, ships will fire Nirbhayas from Arabian sea. And how many sscm can MKI carry? INS Kolkata can carry 16 Brohmos (3,000kg). So calculate yourself how many Nirbhayas can Kolkata carry! And Nirbhaya Mk.2 will have even more range (say 2,000km) and future P15C Destroyers will be packed with more VLS for Nirbhaya. That's why I told you ships and SSK/SSN are suitable platforms to launch sscm. By that, sscm can instantly achieve very low altitude to escape from radars, unlike realising from very high altitudes from fighters.
But Nirbhay don't have that much speed as Brahmos...It (nirbhay) can be intercepted very easily.So I prefer brahmos than nirbhay.
And some one says miniature Brahmos/nirbhay on AMCA..I think that step will effect range , speed, payload etc. I need experts view for this point.
@abingdonboy @Indx TechStyle What do u say

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
But Nirbhay don't have that much speed as Brahmos...It (nirbhay) can be intercepted very easily.So I prefer brahmos than nirbhay.
And some one says miniature Brahmos/nirbhay on AMCA..I think that step will effect range , speed, payload etc. I need experts view for this point.
@abingdonboy @Indx TechStyle What do u say
Have you gone crazy man? :facepalm:
Nirbhay with a speed of 0.8 Mach can be intercepted easily? o_O
It is a stealth cruise missile which will later be made to fly at low altitude and being long ranged will enable it strike deep inside enemy territory.

It's definitely a better weapon than BrahMos in strategic aspects.
But agree on your point because Nirbhay is a strategic and subsonic missile and no need to put in on a supersonic fighter like AMCA but again, it will enable it to strike deep inside enemy territory if accurate. Yet it looks too heavy.

Totally, Nirbhay ALCM version is needed in a war scenario. :biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles